CAWs.ws
Facebook Twitter YouTube RSS Feed

Who else is sticking with 2K14 for another year?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77

Terra Force

• Members
  • 7,394 posts
  • SEN (PS3): WarGreymon77

Posted 08 December 2014 - 09:36 PM

I bought SvR 2011 (PS3) for $13 + tax over the weekend. I haven't played much of it, but I noticed some things right off the bat.

+ I haven't noticed any slowdown or glitches yet (from WWE 12 onward, CAW mode and story designer had some serious loading times) aside from the "custom music stops playing" glitch in create-an-entrance

+ The Nitro arena is so much better than the one in WWE 12, and it's better than what create-an-arena is capable of. No steel barricades or bowtie ref shirt, but it's still beautiful enough for me to overlook how crappy my CAWs look.

+ Somebody lied to me when they said you can't buy the DLC a la carte. You CAN, and thank goodness for that. I bought the Nitro arena, and Bret Hart is probably next. Now all I need are Lex Luger for $2 and unlock all for 99¢. (I'll have to buy a $10 PSN card for this. And woo! This means I'll have money left over to buy a PS1 Classic!)

+ Looking forward to finding out what this game's praised weapon physics are all about.

+ I may be wrong, but I think this is the game where they added infinite attribute points back for CAWs, and made the PS3 version of the game align better with the 360 version in different ways. Also made several other improvements over previous (2009/2010) SvR games.

+ Story designer, Lex Luger, Bret Hart, multiple attires for CAWs, paint tool, Hogan & Flair entrances are all here. I remember one game removed them.

+ No shitty 24/7 Mode.

~ The graphics... I'm not sure what to think. They're not as good as SvR 2006 which was on the PS2, and despite being advertised as 720p, it looks fuzzy as if it were 480p. Resolution's not that big of a deal, though. On the upside, some of the models actually look better than the newer games (Natalya for example).

- Small roster at first glance, but I haven't bought the unlock all yet.

- CC is probably down, and I'm not going to buy an online pass & a turbo controller on the off chance that I could download some CAWs.

- It's obviously not going to have some of the features of the later games.

- Soundtrack seems lackluster.

- I heard this was a game where they removed a lot of moves, but I'm not worried, because they've been doing that since the original SvR.

- Some of the match types that were removed in 2009 are still not even in 2K15, much less 2011. 2K needs to get on the ball. Many of these were 6-man matches, like the hardcore triple threat tornado tag [2v2v2] (what a mouthful) and the elimination chamber six-man tornado tag.

Overall, I'm very impressed with this game, though I'm probably still flying high from the excitement of the Nitro arena. I'm really happy. I think I might split my time between this, 2K14, and WWE 13. And as much as people enjoy shitting on SvR 2008, I freakin' loved playing hardcore matches in that game. Hardcore Resurrection, for example, made 2008 a blast for me.

Point is, I'm good with waiting a few years for a better wrestling game. And a WCW Monday Nitro arena does wonders for a game.

Edited by WarGreymon77, 08 December 2014 - 09:42 PM.

#42 meandalenko

meandalenko

New Talent

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 10:41 PM

Whilst the Nitro arena is amazing, 2k14's got to be the best WCW game for me. I much prefer lots of different cc versions of Nitro to choose from, as well as multiple Thunders, Saturday Nights, Worldwides etc. On ps3 I've also got every ppv from 98 and 00-01, plus 100 caws and numerous in game WCW wrestlers :) 

SVR11 was the game that got me back into the thq games though, I'm going to pick it up myself when I see it for pennies.

#43 WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77

Terra Force

• Members
  • 7,394 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 11:41 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean. I downloaded a whole WCW roster for 2K14, and I created Monday Nitro, Thunder, Saturday Night, and most of the 1997 PPVs. The logo size restrictions and the entrance minitrons really *Censored* up my Nitro arena, though. There are workarounds, but they suck. And you know that cool flashing thing that the purple lights do in the Nitro arena in 2011? Can't replicate that until 2K adds the actual Nitro stage to CAA. But yeah, I'll probably spend time on both games for WCW stuff.

Edited by WarGreymon77, 08 December 2014 - 11:42 PM.

#44 theblasterkid

theblasterkid

New Talent

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • SEN (PS3): The_Blaster_Kid

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

2K14 is where it's at! I'm trying to run '98 WCW after not playing for a couple of months and have a few questions:

What to do with a large factions with over five members (n.W.o & Raven's Flock)?

- These two factions was well over five members and it's hard to split them up without clashing against each other. I used nWo vs. WCW: Revenge as a guideline for who to download. http://www.giantbomb...nge/3030-18320/

Should I use the versions of Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, Ric Flair, and Chris Jericho that's already in the game?

- I plan on using Goldberg with Superstar Heads for WCW version and Bret Hart (his attire is basically the same). As for Flair, since they don't have his WCW '98 look, I don't know if I should use retro or legend version.

Should I switch the PPV themes all to No Way Out or any other non-working PPV theme (Outnumbered or Survivor Series)?

-Since there are no PPVs based around gimmick matches except WW3 (which I'm thinking of using Royal Rumble but I hate the fact that the arena turns into the actual RR look) and War Games.

Should I turn off Rivalry Manager?

- They book too many submission and extreme rules matches. Plus, the same guys fight each other every week; in addition to not having a proper tag team feud (no booking tag teams in the main event due to the break up scene bug).

#45 Tooocoool

Tooocoool

Jobber

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • SEN (PS3): kwasia_1
  • Twitter: @DDPcutter3

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:56 PM

To avoid the tag team break up bug put an inactive diva in the stable/tag team
If you don't want a partner to clash with his other partner seperate them in the ranking
Turn off rivalry manager and adjust ally/enemy
Then find some tutorioals of WWE13(since there isn't any rivalry manager) on how to make the universe works pefect for you...some are very useful man

hope this can be as helpful as you needed

#46 thefranchise09

thefranchise09

Opener

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Gamertag: htownklown85

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:00 PM

But doesn't adjusting ally/enemies freeze the game at times?

#47 WarGreymon77

WarGreymon77

Terra Force

• Members
  • 7,394 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:30 AM

2K14 is where it's at! I'm trying to run '98 WCW after not playing for a couple of months and have a few questions:

What to do with a large factions with over five members (n.W.o & Raven's Flock)?

- These two factions was well over five members and it's hard to split them up without clashing against each other. I used nWo vs. WCW: Revenge as a guideline for who to download. http://www.giantbomb...nge/3030-18320/

Should I use the versions of Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, Ric Flair, and Chris Jericho that's already in the game?

- I plan on using Goldberg with Superstar Heads for WCW version and Bret Hart (his attire is basically the same). As for Flair, since they don't have his WCW '98 look, I don't know if I should use retro or legend version.

Should I switch the PPV themes all to No Way Out or any other non-working PPV theme (Outnumbered or Survivor Series)?

-Since there are no PPVs based around gimmick matches except WW3 (which I'm thinking of using Royal Rumble but I hate the fact that the arena turns into the actual RR look) and War Games.

- They book too many submission and extreme rules matches. Plus, the same guys fight each other every week; in addition to not having a proper tag team feud (no booking tag teams in the main event due to the break up scene bug).

For Flair, I recommend either using retro, or downloading a good CAW of mid-90s Flair.  The in-game Eddie should be fine.  Probably the same for Rey, unless him wearing a shirt bothers you.  I use retro Jericho for WCW (colored his tights black in threads).

#48 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

Undefeated at Wrestlemania: 0-0

• Members
  • 22,184 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 01:58 AM

WWE 2K14 was the WCW themed game WWE 12 should have been.

#49 RatedDXLegend

RatedDXLegend

Midcard

• Members
  • 1,276 posts
  • Gamertag: ThaWholeDamnShow
  • SEN (PS3): SouthSyderRyder

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:42 PM

I just started back playing WWE 2K14 today. My new WWE universe is set up. It's just so weird looking at 2K14's graphics on the 360 compared to 2K15's graphics on the XB1. It's great to see CAA again though.

#50 Masterob

Masterob

Main Eventer

• Members
  • 3,595 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:35 PM

Yeah I'll hold out for another year as well, they probably should have stuck with the old engine for one more year before using a new one to perfect it (unless they couldn't port from Old Gen to Next Gen and had no choice). Most of the cool characters on 2k15 will probably be on 2K16 (Sting, Wyatt Family, Rusev, Dallas, Paige, etc). IDK about the NXT guys, I hope NXT mode wasn't a one year thing, though I think at least Adrian Neville will probably be in next year if he debuts on the main roster soon. But I'll get 2K16 most likely, hopefully it would be fixed on Next Gen otherwise I'll stick to my PS3.

The caws I was gonna create next year I can do this year on a different save, though I hope Next Gen gets 100 eventually, the ability to create female CAWs and bring back custom music. I would like to use that face scan feature to scan the people I want to create and make them look realistic (I hope it works on Video Game characters since that's what fills my CAW mode).

#51 iamthedoctor

iamthedoctor

Wrestling's Greatest Fan

• Members
  • 14,193 posts
  • Gamertag: iamthedoctor666
  • SEN (PS3): iamthedoctor666
  • Twitter: iamthedoctor666

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:33 PM

Sounds like you need a WCW fanboy for this.

Separate the NWO into 4 factions.

Have Hall, Nash, Hogan, Savage & Bischoff in one group.

In the other Hollywood group put in Steiner, Bagwell, Syxx, Giant & Curt Hennig.

Now you have the mid card NWO group and put in the Vincent, Horace, Adams, Stevie Ray & Norton.

In the final NWO just put in guys you have left.

As far as Ravens Flock goes I put Raven & Saturn as a tag team and joined them with Kidman, Reece & Riggs.

#52 IronGhost360

IronGhost360

New Talent

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Gamertag: IronGhost360
  • SEN (PS3): theimmortalMrX

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:16 AM

yeah me to, the new game just not what i hoped it would be

Too stripped down and not for me ...2k14 For me.

#53 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 22,184 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:24 AM

To be honest, I'd rather have 2K14 ported over to the new systems with improved graphics rather than the new game we got. 2k15 has nothing going for it that's better than 14 aside from the graphics, everything else seems to be better on last years game.

#54 Greenwood94

Greenwood94

New Talent

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • SEN (PS3): ROGGER94
  • Twitter: OldSchool94

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:08 AM

I'm getting 2K15 mainly for the updated roster. 

#55 WVIP

WVIP

Legend

• Banned
  • 8,205 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:14 AM

I'm getting 2K15 mainly for the updated roster. 

But you can get that with CAWs for 2K14.

#56 toolan99

toolan99

Opener

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • SEN (PS3): toolan_dylan99

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:53 PM

If I get 2k15 it'll be only if I get a ps4 probably. Other than that I think it's pointless to even get it

#57 itstrue718

itstrue718

Opener

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:39 PM

I have a X Box One and PS4, and I sold 15 back. Trash. It's 2k14 for another year.

#58 thefranchise09

thefranchise09

Opener

• Members
  • 240 posts
  • Gamertag: htownklown85

Posted 18 January 2015 - 05:41 AM

If the last gen version of 2k15 didn't remove custom entrance music and preset entrances, I probably wouldn't still be playing 2k14. CAWS are better on 2k14 anyways. 2k made too many mistakes and questionable decisions/removals this year that I had to skip out on a WWE game for the first time. I'll just wait next year. Until then, I'm good with 2k14.

#59 maskedmaniac

maskedmaniac

• Members
  • 22,184 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:39 PM

Seeing how 2K16 will need a ton of things put back in it to be at the level of past games, I may be sticking with 2K14 for next year as well.

#60 KFL

KFL

Jobber

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:02 PM

I've been doing a classic universe so I will be sticking with this for a while