Who else is sticking with 2K14 for another year?

DomoDaDude

What to do with a large factions with over five members (n.W.o & Raven's Flock)?

- These two factions was well over five members and it's hard to split them up without clashing against each other. I used nWo vs. WCW: Revenge as a guideline for who to download. http://www.giantbomb.com/wcwnwo-revenge/3030-18320/

Should I use the versions of Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, Ric Flair, and Chris Jericho that's already in the game?

- I plan on using Goldberg with Superstar Heads for WCW version and Bret Hart (his attire is basically the same). As for Flair, since they don't have his WCW '98 look, I don't know if I should use retro or legend version.

Should I switch the PPV themes all to No Way Out or any other non-working PPV theme (Outnumbered or Survivor Series)?

-Since there are no PPVs based around gimmick matches except WW3 (which I'm thinking of using Royal Rumble but I hate the fact that the arena turns into the actual RR look) and War Games.

Should I turn off Rivalry Manager?

- They book too many submission and extreme rules matches. Plus, the same guys fight each other every week; in addition to not having a proper tag team feud (no booking tag teams in the main event due to the break up scene bug).

Sounds like you need a WCW fanboy for this.

Separate the NWO into 4 factions.

Have Hall, Nash, Hogan, Savage & Bischoff in one group.

In the other Hollywood group put in Steiner, Bagwell, Syxx, Giant & Curt Hennig.

Now you have the mid card NWO group and put in the Vincent, Horace, Adams, Stevie Ray & Norton.

In the final NWO just put in guys you have left.

As far as Ravens Flock goes I put Raven & Saturn as a tag team and joined them with Kidman, Reece & Riggs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

If the last gen version of 2k15 didn't remove custom entrance music and preset entrances, I probably wouldn't still be playing 2k14. CAWS are better on 2k14 anyways. 2k made too many mistakes and questionable decisions/removals this year that I had to skip out on a WWE game for the first time. I'll just wait next year. Until then, I'm good with 2k14.

Sticking with 2k14 as well! I still haven't gotten over the devs scaling back the Creative Suite. It's just counter intuitive. Games are supposed to get bigger and better and offer more features, not just better graphics, ya know.

100 CAW slots is where it's at, and it would be hard to work with just 25.

I'm feeling that WCW love in this thread too. WCW circa 96-99 was such a great time period and with the roster depth and the presentation, it really had that "sportsman" feeling to it. With the nWo acting as the perfect foil to that atmosphere. The whole vibe translates to a video game world rather well.

It's harder to recreate what made Attitude memorable because much of it was intense and well acted feuds, along with publicty stunt like moments more so than matches. WWE13 did an admirable job by including the archival footage and such though. Still, as far as video game wrestling goes. The real life counterparts taht seem to translate into gaming as far as tournaments, or title belt divisions or faction wars are IMO Any major league from Japan (NJ, AJ, NOAH, DG), Ring of Honor, DGUSA and WCW.

I'll stay with this edition until 2K games steps up their game.

If you guys are sticking with it and you want some good stories to keep you playing 2K14 I suggest you try this out!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyQ_4QWOSuvsfUN8TVAi9cQfH6z76duZk

1st part in a Let's Play series about a revolution that's started to bring back the quality of the attitude era and a certain superstar of this generation kind of kicks this off.
But what will separate my story from the many Attitude era vs PG stories out there will be that it wont be one sided but both sides will have very good arguments and points about why their respective era should be embraced. If any one's ever read 'Marvel's Civil War' it will be similar to that, where it's up to the user/player YOU! must decide who's side your on, Universe or Attitude and the points I will bring up will not make it an easy choice at all. Expect some awesome promo's, voice of the voiceless shit and some deep thoughts about the future of the WWE and young stars that are getting crushed by the old Superstars and not giving them any room to grow.
Deep stuff.
It's only the first part so not much proper attitude vs universe stuff yet but it's more how the attitude era revolt/invasion got started.
Length
Over 150 scenes and over 40 matches for the first part.
Superstars
I wont name them so I keep the element of surprise, but around 38 different Superstars make an appearance of some kind.
It's called "Attitude v Universe 1" or you can search my PSN name "DoubleO88".

Hi everyone this board seems inactive but I really hope someone can help me!

Had not played a wwe game in years since I only watch cmll and occasionally japan, so when I heard of wwe 2k14s caw greatness I bought it last week, I was amazed at the skill and creativity of some of the caws.

However some of the edits have a (!) mainly invisiblemans amazing edits, I bought the superstars and moves pack thinking it was because of the moves, but still unable to get them.

Is it the season pass I need? As it's £15, I'd like to be sure, hope someone can help thanks guys, also thinking of trying my own caws of guys not made yet. (Virus, soberano, cavernario).

Hi everyone this board seems inactive but I really hope someone can help me!

Had not played a wwe game in years since I only watch cmll and occasionally japan, so when I heard of wwe 2k14s caw greatness I bought it last week, I was amazed at the skill and creativity of some of the caws.

However some of the edits have a (!) mainly invisiblemans amazing edits, I bought the superstars and moves pack thinking it was because of the moves, but still unable to get them.

Is it the season pass I need? As it's £15, I'd like to be sure, hope someone can help thanks guys, also thinking of trying my own caws of guys not made yet. (Virus, soberano, cavernario).

Yes you need the season pass

• 1 month later...

2K14, a little bit of WWE 13 when 14 gets me bored. Some Allstars now and then, No Mercy on my computer, SvR 2007 or HCTP once a month maybe, and that's how I get my wrestling game fix. I can wait for to be honest. As long as I can look at screen shots of the new character models on 15 I can deal with it. They look awesome, but I'm not paying money for just a good looking game, I need a complete package.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm still enjoying 2K14 a lot. Granted I'm not actually playing the matches, but I'm enjoying booking them. I got tired of Universe freezing on me, and I realized the most fun simulated matches were on PPVs. More specifically, title matches. So I decided to vacate all the titles and book matches and watch them to see who wins the titles. I've enjoyed quite a bit of the matches that I've watched, and I'm happy with my current set of champions, which looks like this:

Tag Team Champions: Jay and Mark Briscoes beat the Motor City Machine Guns who won the titles from the Young Bucks

Women's Championship: Jessicka Havok was the first crowned women's champ after the vacating of the titles and has gone undefeated, ever since

Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura beat Samoa Joe, who won the title from AJ Styles

WWE Title: Daniel Bryan beat Adam Cole, who won the title from Finn Bálor

Next "PPV" title matches look like this:

Briscoes vs Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson

Jessicka Havok vs Cheerleader Melissa

Shinsuke Nakamura vs Kazuchicka Okada

Daniel Bryan vs KENTA

• 9 months later...

I love the faster pace in WWE 2K14. Hell I prefer the PS3 version of 2K16 over the PS4 version.

So yeah. I'll keep it.

What differences are their between the PS3 and PS4 versions of 2K16? I just got 2K16 on PS3 (first time I've ever completely skipped a game in this series because I heard how shit 2K15 was.

2K14 is probably my favorite wrestling game since SvR2010. I hated how many moves they removed in SvR2011 and the PS2 version (the last Smackdown game on the PS2) had very limited features compared to the PS3/XBOX360 version. I think I only ever played SvR2011 for a month or so and never picked it up again since.

Love(d) SYM, HCTP, SvR2006 and SvR2010.

SvR, SvR2007, SvR2009, WWE12 and WWE13 are decent.

SvR2008, SvR2011 and WWE12 on the Wii were complete and utter shit with so few moves and really lousy rosters. The moves and the roster and CAW features are the things I like most about the games and 08 and 11 were both so bad in this regard. I played SvR08 for about 3 months and then ditched it and SvR11 I ditched after only a month it was so worthless.

WWE12 on the Wii was hilariously bad. Riddled with glitches. Atrocious graphics that looked about the level of PSP versions of the Smackdown games and missing most features. 6 months after the game came out I finally got a XBOX360 and got a version of WWE 12 with 15 extra wrestlers as free DLC for only $50.

I've only been playing WWE2k16 on the PS3 for about 2 days but I love the gigantic roster full of legends and the big selection of moves. I'll be sure to fill all the CAW slots on multiple profiles while the online features are still available. Maybe sometime next year I'll pick up WWE2K17 for a decent price as I'd love to play as AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Nakamura and the 4 Horse Women.

No idea when I'll get a PS4 though. I've still yet to play a bunch of great PS3 games and I won't want to go back to them if I start playing a next gen system and get accustomed to the advanced graphics.

I really do wish different game systems still had different series of wrestling games. God I loved he early/mid 2000s with the Smackdown series, the RAW series and the Wrestlemania/Day of Reckoning series which is still my favorite. The Wrestlemania/Day of Recknoning engine is used for the Wrestle Kingdom games on PS2 which are amazingly good and which I still go back and play every now and then. Way too limited options now. I wish Nintendo had a different wrestling game series again. Hopefully one day they will again.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived