Who else is sticking with 2K14 for another year?

DomoDaDude

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm very happy with 2k14 and I;m not impressed in the least with 2k15 it's going to take more then a few shiny new graphics to impress me. I love all the free room to create what your heart desires on 2k14 it's sad that 2k forgot what its people wanted and were blinded by money signs

I'm going to download as many Attitude Era CAWs as I can get for WWE 13 and make that my go-to WWF game. Then I'm going to download my WCW roster for WWE 2K14 and make that my go-to WCW game. That's how it's going to be until 2K makes a better game. I'm prepared to wait this thing out for years.

If all else fails, it's PS1 and N64 to the rescue!

I am. It has a much better roster and doesn't have anything removed. I get the games for the caw mode and seeing how limited it is on 2k15, I decided to pass.

I found out today that WWE 2K15 is back to removing moves again after a few years of not doing so.

I'm sticking with 2K14 as well. I haven't played many matches as of late. I've been mostly watching CPU vs CPU but I've still been enjoying it. Started a random universe after being inspired by nL's video. I got handed a softball when I randomized the tag team champions though. Brock Lesnar and Retro Shawn Michaels. I went with the name Golden Shower, for obvious reasons

Currently I'm doing a WWE vs Indy tournament. They've all been good matches, except for the first match, where Okada got squashed by Orton :P

I have 2K15 for PS4, not a bad game just disappointing. But I'm using it as my current WWE Roster while I have my ECW roster on 2K14. Having more fun with 2k14 though, epic matches and all. 2k15 gameplay is weird because you can lose off a single punch which is unrealistic unless of course it's the Big Show KO punch lol. But all and all 2k15's gameplay is quite boring at times imo

Was sticking with WWE2K14 too but a friend asked me to get the last gen WWE2K15 so...

I got it after the Price dropped down to 39,99 from 59,99.

It misses some stuff but we still have 100 caw Slots and all the other things the next gen Version is missing.

So for now I'm between both.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought SvR 2011 (PS3) for $13 + tax over the weekend. I haven't played much of it, but I noticed some things right off the bat.

+ I haven't noticed any slowdown or glitches yet (from WWE 12 onward, CAW mode and story designer had some serious loading times) aside from the "custom music stops playing" glitch in create-an-entrance

+ The Nitro arena is so much better than the one in WWE 12, and it's better than what create-an-arena is capable of. No steel barricades or bowtie ref shirt, but it's still beautiful enough for me to overlook how crappy my CAWs look.

+ Somebody lied to me when they said you can't buy the DLC a la carte. You CAN, and thank goodness for that. I bought the Nitro arena, and Bret Hart is probably next. Now all I need are Lex Luger for $2 and unlock all for 99¢. (I'll have to buy a $10 PSN card for this. And woo! This means I'll have money left over to buy a PS1 Classic!)

+ Looking forward to finding out what this game's praised weapon physics are all about.

+ I may be wrong, but I think this is the game where they added infinite attribute points back for CAWs, and made the PS3 version of the game align better with the 360 version in different ways. Also made several other improvements over previous (2009/2010) SvR games.

+ Story designer, Lex Luger, Bret Hart, multiple attires for CAWs, paint tool, Hogan & Flair entrances are all here. I remember one game removed them.

+ No shitty 24/7 Mode.

~ The graphics... I'm not sure what to think. They're not as good as SvR 2006 which was on the PS2, and despite being advertised as 720p, it looks fuzzy as if it were 480p. Resolution's not that big of a deal, though. On the upside, some of the models actually look better than the newer games (Natalya for example).

- Small roster at first glance, but I haven't bought the unlock all yet.

- CC is probably down, and I'm not going to buy an online pass & a turbo controller on the off chance that I could download some CAWs.

- It's obviously not going to have some of the features of the later games.

- Soundtrack seems lackluster.

- I heard this was a game where they removed a lot of moves, but I'm not worried, because they've been doing that since the original SvR.

- Some of the match types that were removed in 2009 are still not even in 2K15, much less 2011. 2K needs to get on the ball. Many of these were 6-man matches, like the hardcore triple threat tornado tag [2v2v2] (what a mouthful) and the elimination chamber six-man tornado tag.

Overall, I'm very impressed with this game, though I'm probably still flying high from the excitement of the Nitro arena. I'm really happy. I think I might split my time between this, 2K14, and WWE 13. And as much as people enjoy shitting on SvR 2008, I freakin' loved playing hardcore matches in that game. Hardcore Resurrection, for example, made 2008 a blast for me.

Point is, I'm good with waiting a few years for a better wrestling game. And a WCW Monday Nitro arena does wonders for a game.

Whilst the Nitro arena is amazing, 2k14's got to be the best WCW game for me. I much prefer lots of different cc versions of Nitro to choose from, as well as multiple Thunders, Saturday Nights, Worldwides etc. On ps3 I've also got every ppv from 98 and 00-01, plus 100 caws and numerous in game WCW wrestlers :)

SVR11 was the game that got me back into the thq games though, I'm going to pick it up myself when I see it for pennies.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I downloaded a whole WCW roster for 2K14, and I created Monday Nitro, Thunder, Saturday Night, and most of the 1997 PPVs. The logo size restrictions and the entrance minitrons really *Censored* up my Nitro arena, though. There are workarounds, but they suck. And you know that cool flashing thing that the purple lights do in the Nitro arena in 2011? Can't replicate that until 2K adds the actual Nitro stage to CAA. But yeah, I'll probably spend time on both games for WCW stuff.

2K14 is where it's at! I'm trying to run '98 WCW after not playing for a couple of months and have a few questions:

What to do with a large factions with over five members (n.W.o & Raven's Flock)?

- These two factions was well over five members and it's hard to split them up without clashing against each other. I used nWo vs. WCW: Revenge as a guideline for who to download. http://www.giantbomb.com/wcwnwo-revenge/3030-18320/

Should I use the versions of Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, Ric Flair, and Chris Jericho that's already in the game?

- I plan on using Goldberg with Superstar Heads for WCW version and Bret Hart (his attire is basically the same). As for Flair, since they don't have his WCW '98 look, I don't know if I should use retro or legend version.

Should I switch the PPV themes all to No Way Out or any other non-working PPV theme (Outnumbered or Survivor Series)?

-Since there are no PPVs based around gimmick matches except WW3 (which I'm thinking of using Royal Rumble but I hate the fact that the arena turns into the actual RR look) and War Games.

Should I turn off Rivalry Manager?

- They book too many submission and extreme rules matches. Plus, the same guys fight each other every week; in addition to not having a proper tag team feud (no booking tag teams in the main event due to the break up scene bug).

To avoid the tag team break up bug put an inactive diva in the stable/tag team

If you don't want a partner to clash with his other partner seperate them in the ranking

Turn off rivalry manager and adjust ally/enemy

Then find some tutorioals of WWE13(since there isn't any rivalry manager) on how to make the universe works pefect for you...some are very useful man

hope this can be as helpful as you needed

2K14 is where it's at! I'm trying to run '98 WCW after not playing for a couple of months and have a few questions:

What to do with a large factions with over five members (n.W.o & Raven's Flock)?

- These two factions was well over five members and it's hard to split them up without clashing against each other. I used nWo vs. WCW: Revenge as a guideline for who to download. http://www.giantbomb.com/wcwnwo-revenge/3030-18320/

Should I use the versions of Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, Ric Flair, and Chris Jericho that's already in the game?

- I plan on using Goldberg with Superstar Heads for WCW version and Bret Hart (his attire is basically the same). As for Flair, since they don't have his WCW '98 look, I don't know if I should use retro or legend version.

Should I switch the PPV themes all to No Way Out or any other non-working PPV theme (Outnumbered or Survivor Series)?

-Since there are no PPVs based around gimmick matches except WW3 (which I'm thinking of using Royal Rumble but I hate the fact that the arena turns into the actual RR look) and War Games.

Should I turn off Rivalry Manager?

- They book too many submission and extreme rules matches. Plus, the same guys fight each other every week; in addition to not having a proper tag team feud (no booking tag teams in the main event due to the break up scene bug).

For Flair, I recommend either using retro, or downloading a good CAW of mid-90s Flair. The in-game Eddie should be fine. Probably the same for Rey, unless him wearing a shirt bothers you. I use retro Jericho for WCW (colored his tights black in threads).

Yeah I'll hold out for another year as well, they probably should have stuck with the old engine for one more year before using a new one to perfect it (unless they couldn't port from Old Gen to Next Gen and had no choice). Most of the cool characters on 2k15 will probably be on 2K16 (Sting, Wyatt Family, Rusev, Dallas, Paige, etc). IDK about the NXT guys, I hope NXT mode wasn't a one year thing, though I think at least Adrian Neville will probably be in next year if he debuts on the main roster soon. But I'll get 2K16 most likely, hopefully it would be fixed on Next Gen otherwise I'll stick to my PS3.

The caws I was gonna create next year I can do this year on a different save, though I hope Next Gen gets 100 eventually, the ability to create female CAWs and bring back custom music. I would like to use that face scan feature to scan the people I want to create and make them look realistic (I hope it works on Video Game characters since that's what fills my CAW mode).

Archived