DLC Discussion Thread

liontamer*

I'll admit the WCW wrestlers are a odd batch of choices.

Agreed. Personally, I think there's a lot more on-disc guys than 2K's letting on. Be it current, NXT & legends.
I do think there are others as well, or at least I hope so. With all the DLC and wrestlers confirmed how many are we upto now??

I'm not sure. We've got to be close to 100 right now.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. Personally, I think there's a lot more on-disc guys than 2K's letting on. Be it current, NXT & legends.

I do think there are others as well, or at least I hope so. With all the DLC and wrestlers confirmed how many are we upto now??

97, including mangers, divas and the Hogan & Sting DLC

Thanks! So there must be more on disc, at least 20.

Unless the people in showcase who already appear on disc take up other roster spots in which case it could be upto 110. Also not included NPC (Bill DeMott, Vickie Guerrero & William Regal) so if they're playable that adds a few

Unless the people in showcase who already appear on disc take up other roster spots in which case it could be upto 110. Also not included NPC (Bill DeMott, Vickie Guerrero & William Regal) so if they're playable that adds a few

Yeah a part of me would think they would take up extra spots because they would be downloadable characters, not alt attires. So this might be it then. Anybody have any clue on when they might update the roster page on the site with renders??

I assume the Slaughter is the anti-American. If so he Mustafa aand Adnon added to my anti-American CAWS, if possible, will make a great heel faction

Hopefully we can give him his patriotic gimmick in heads, sorry to keep mentioning the feature, but it's the truth.

My opinions on the DLC:

Accelerator

• Players will gain instant access to all unlockable content available in the game (excluding downloadable content);
  • The Accelerator will be available for a suggested price of $1.99.
Has been in for the last few years. Nothing new here. Also, where is the attribute customiser?

2K Showcase: One More Match

• Story focused on the rivalry between WWE Superstars Randy Orton and Christian in 2011;
  • Playable WWE Superstars: Christian, Randy Orton, Edge, Mark Henry and Sheamus;
  • Playable arenas from 2011: SmackDown®, Extreme Rules®, Over the Limit® and Capitol Punishment®;
  • 2K Showcase: One More Match will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
Is this another shot at Christian? Instead of putting something in like his 2002-2004 stuff with Chris Jericho, you put in his burial? :facepalm:

2K Showcase: Hall of Pain

• Story focused on top matches for WWE Superstar Mark Henry;
  • Playable WWE Superstars: Mark Henry, Big Show, Kane, Jey Uso, Jimmy Uso, Sheamus, The Great Khali, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan and Ryback;
  • Playable arenas: SmackDown (2011), Vengeance® (2011) and WrestleMania® 29;
  • 2K Showcase: Hall of Pain will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
This seems like it could be fun. I wonder if this confirns the Uso's debut trunks.

2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior

• Story focused on the career of WWE Hall of Famer Ultimate Warrior;
  • Playable WWE Hall of Famers: Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, Andre the Giant and Sgt. Slaughter;
  • Playable WWE Legends: Honky Tonk Man, Rick Rude, Macho King and Colonel Mustafa;
  • Playable WWE Superstars: Undertaker and Hunter Hearst Helmsley;
  • Access to WWE Hall of Fame ring announcer Howard Finkel and WWE managers Jimmy Hart, Bobby Heenan, Paul Bearer, Sherri, Sid Justice and General Adnan;
  • Playable arenas: WrestleMania VI, VII and XII; SummerSlam® (1988, 1990 and 1991); Saturday Nights Main Event XXIV and Madison Square Garden®;
  • 2K Showcase: Path of the Warrior will be available for a suggested price of $9.99.
This seems like almost all the legends you're gonna get. I just hope Sid can be used as a wrestler & that we also get face Slaughter. The lack of Miss Elizabeth also bugs me.

WCW Pack

• Playable WCW Superstars: Fit Finlay, Lord Steven Regal, Bam Bam Bigelow, Diamond Dallas Page and Lex Luger;
  • The WCW Pack will be available for a suggested price of $7.99.
This is just random as *Censored*. Not the first guys I think of when it cones to WCW. What about Arn Anderson or Scott Hall?

NXT Arrival

• Playable NXT Superstars: JBL, Adam Rose and The Ascension (Konnor and Victor);
  • Playable NXT Diva: Emma;
  • NXT Arrival will be available for a suggested price of $6.99.
This should be on-disc stuff. An NXT pack should include people like Hideo Itami & Alexa Bliss, people who debuted just too late to make the on-disc roster & yet are still big names, not The Ascension, who were the tag champs there for almost a year, Rose & Emma, who are now on the main roster.

New Moves Pack

• Moves Pack: More than 30 new moves, including an alternate version of Sister Abigail (performed from the ring corner and made popular by Bray Wyatt) and Multiple Gut Wrenches (made popular by Cesaro);
  • The New Moves Pack will be available for a suggested price of $3.99.
Considering we don't even know the full extent of this pack I can't comment yet.

There's no chance in hell Itami would have made the roster in the first place. They struggled to make guys that debuted in May and June into DLC. You think Itami would have had a chance when he debuted like what last month?

Also I hope Randy Orton vs Undertaker makes Showcase mode one of these days, if they manage to put people like Sherri and Gen. Adnan in game, there's no way Bob Orton would be a problem.

Archived