Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

It's a shame Marcus Louis hasn't been able to grow his hair back since what Enzo and Cass did to him. Dat cream was legit. :hqhq:

It bothers me how similar but different Aron Rex and Baron Dax's names are.

Guest Fight Me.

Very nice surprise. I love Eddie Edwards, but why didn't they just have Lashley drop the title to EC3 if they knew he had to leave for a Bellator fight?

It didn't look as bad as I thought. Eddie hit his finisher out of nowhere, stunned Lashley, went for the pin instantly, got the 3 but Lashley kicked out right after the 3 selling him being stunned. Thought they made him look like a pure bitch, just looked like someone who got too cocky and let it be their weakness.

Title change STILL doesn't make sense though. Should've went to EC3

Guest Fight Me.

Well, congrats to Eddie Edwards on potentially just becoming the last TNA World Champion maybe. They probably wanted one last new champion instead of giving someone else another reign.

Well, this is an interesting one.

Dixie Carter has long been criticized for a perceived lack of knowledge in regards to the wrestling business. On Friday's episode of the Fightful.com Podcast, former TNA writer Vince Russo may have helped lend more credence to those claims.

"This is my favorite wrestling story of all time. I’ve never told this because it’s a little embarrassing to Dixie but it’s so hard not to tell because it’s so funny," Russo said. "There's somebody that I gotta protect and I’m not gonna mention his name, because he'd get all upset. It’s after a TV taping and we’re out getting dinner, and it's the the usual suspects-- Irish Pat Kenney, Terry Taylor, Al Snow, Matt Conway. I’m sitting next to somebody at the table. This somebody gets a phone call and it’s Dixie Carter."

Russo said that the unnamed person walked away from the table to talk to the TNA President and Owner Carter. Russo was then asked to talk to Dixie, and said that while they got along, the last thing he wanted to do after work was talk to his boss. When he gave in, he heard a livid Dixie on the other end.

"I’m doing the gimmick, “I’m not here. Tell her I’m not here.” The last person I want to talk to is Dixie at the end of a day. So, finally he gives me the phone and I’m like “Hey Dixie what’s up?” She is red hot, on fire. I’ve only heard Dixie this mad when she found out about Karen Angle and Jeff Jarrett," said Russo.

As it turned out, the target of Carter's frustration were WWE Hall of Famer Hulk Hogan, and longtime Executive Producer of WCW, Eric Bischoff.

"So I get on the phone," says Russo "Dixie what’s up?” [Dixie says] 'You’re not gonna believe what happened. I just went into the restaurant andHulk and Eric were having dinner and the minute I walked up to the table I heard the both of them say under their breath kayfabe, kayfabe, kayfabe. Vince who the f are they to kayfabe me? This is my f'n company! Who the f do they think they are kayfabing this boss? I can’t believe it. Screw Hulk. Screw Eric. Nobody is going to kayfabe me.'"

According to the former WCW Champion Russo, (kill me) he told Carter that she should have confronted the two about it right away. However, Carter had a potentially embarrassing reason for making the 2010 phone call in the first place.

"Finally I hang up the phone with her. I give the phone back to the person who got the phone call. So I said to the person, 'Bro, why did Dixie call you and not me?' Like this was a phone call that should have went directly to Vince. Why did she call you and not me? Like, what was your conversation with Dixie? Wha—what did she want to talk to you for?” You ready? The guy, who I won’t sell down the river, said to me, “She wanted to know what kayfabe meant.” Eight years in and she was throwing the term around to me like she was a 30 year veteran of the business. Of all the stories bro that’s my favorite story of all time, and I never say it because it’s kind of embarrassing but its funny embarrassing, you know what I’m saying?," said Russo.

http://fightful.com/dixie-carter-didnt-know-what-kayfabe-was-until-2010-says-russo

I want to believe this cause lolDixie but this is all coming from Russo's mouth.

The funnier part of this, is that Russo apparently doesn't realize that he sold that guy down the river whether he gave us the name or not. It's not as if Dixie doesn't remember that exact discussion and the person she spoke to. I'm sure she probably does. I mean...how did Russo protect the person at all? By telling us that Dixie was ratted out by the guy she spoke to before Russo, he busted the guy right there. :lol:

I didn't know if the show actually *censored*ed up last night...or if it was just something with my cable. I just let it work itself out, because I was simultaneously on my computer. Didn't jump right up to check other channels or anything. That sucks for TNA though. These guys can't catch a break. Lights go out on BFG, hurricane cancels their scheduled tapings, episode that is in the middle of airing gets some weird glitch where it skips important shit. :lol:

Archived