Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gail Kim was on a recent episode of Keepin it 100 with Konnan, who will be moving to Westwood Ones The Jericho Network. During the show, Gail (who now works in a backstage capacity since her in-ring retirement) mentioned top Stardom womens star Io Shirai was on Impacts radar; you can read a few transcribed highlights below:

They said WWE didnt pick her up because she had some kind of injury, and she is a kick-ass, bad-ass wrestler.

Someone brought her name up to me and they said, hey, we need a Japanese wrestler , that would be awesome. And so I asked Rebel, because I heard she came from Stardom, so Rebel went over there and she went and wrestled and trained really hard and I said, Hey, have you heard of this girl? Did you work with her in Stardom? and she said yes and she just put her over huge. She said, She is so good, and when she is comfortable with a girl, they go balls to the wall. And she said, You would be so impressed.

Gail reacts to Konnans comments about Shirai being a high flyer:

And you know what, thats funny that you said that because thats the one thing that Ive noticed that theres kind of a lack of right now. We dont have a high flyer in Impact.

Shirai was previously considered as a WWE prospect and even reportedly announced she was leaving Stardom to sign with the company. Late last year, it was reported that WWE decided not to offer Shirai a contract due to a neck issue that was discovered during medical testing.

http://www.mandatory.com/wrestlezone/news/923831-io-shirai-on-impact-wrestlings-radar-john-cena-shares-a-special-moment-with-make-a-wish-kid-at-raw-video

Guest Fight Me.

I'd imagine she makes great money in Japan, being the ace of Stardom and all. Plus, not sure Impact knows about her heart issue WWE discovered as well. That doesn't seem to be as talked about as her neck injury.

Impact Wrestling will broadcast their upcoming WrestleCon event live on their new Twitch channel, according to PWInsider. The WrestleCon website notes that the event will take place on Friday, April 6th from the Sugar Mill in New Orleans during WWE's WrestleMania 34 Week.
Impact stars announced for the event as of this writing are World Heavyweight Champion Austin Aries, Impact Tag Team Champions The LAX, Grand Champion Matt Sydal, Alberto El Patron, Eli Drake, Moose, Rosemary, Sami Callihan, Eddie Edwards, Trevor Lee, Caleb Konley, Allie, Taya Valkyrie and Teddy Hart.
The Impact - WrestleCon show is scheduled to start at 9pm, which means it will run head-to-head with the 2018 WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony. The Impact website notes that the show will end at 11pm.
Source: LOP

Guest Fight Me.

I lost Pop TV recently, so I downloaded the Pluto TV app since they advertise it so much and it's free lol. I've noticed they've got a channel just playing classic TNA content all day, which is cool, but does anyone know if they air Impact live at the same time as Pop does? I text with my friend every week during Impact, it'll suck if we can't watch at the same time anymore.

Update: Sadly, it is not. It's airing an episode from a month ago at 8. Still cool to be able to watch classic TNA content for free though on this and on their Twitch channel...Why do they have a network again now? Lol

• 2 weeks later...

New Updates On Impact Contracts Of Several Stars (Spoilers just in case)

PWInsider reports that Alberto El Patrons contract with Impact Wrestling expires in April, but both parties are negotiating to keep him in the company longer than that. The website stated that Patron is the biggest name Impact has right now.

Meanwhile, The Wrestling Observer reports that Eddie Edwards recently signed a new deal with the company, but no other details were given.

Finally, Eli Drake revealed in a recent episode of The Impact Lounge that his contract expires on May 31.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/new-updates-impact-contracts-alberto-el-patron-eddie-edwards-eli-drake/

This bat situation is really worrisome, tbh.

Sami wants to act like it's all cool. Like it was a "freak accident"...and he spoke to Eddie...and they both agreed that it was an accident. But that really doesn't clear the air of the real problem. Dude put a full skull-crushing swing behind that bat. That never should have happened. Even if the bat connected flush with the chair, that would have been too much force for a wrestling spot. It was an accident...but it was also reckless. It was reckless beyond any logical reasoning.

Only spot that comes close to this, is the classic frying pan spot from ECW. Even then, it was at least a flat surface. A baseball bat is made to deliver a crushing force to a small area...you should never swing a bat full tilt in the direction of a person...unless you actually want something really bad to happen.

Former Impact Wrestling Knockouts Champion Laurel Van Ness, also known as Chelsea Green, was recently a guest on Devon "Hannibal" Nicholson's Hannibal TV on YouTube and talked about her decision to leave Impact Wrestling, as well as working a dark match for Lucha Underground:

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/51146/Laurel-Van-Ness-Talks-About-Leaving-Impact-Wrestling-Dark/

Guest Fight Me.

Quick backstory on this Abyss and Jimmy Jacobs feud pls

Not much other than Jimmy Jacobs is just sick of Abyss running around as Joseph Park and now with his cousin Chandler Park (Ethan Page). So he introduced them to his cousin Kongo Kong and they want to bring the monster back out of Joseph Park. So far he's wrecked his office, destroyed Chandler and threatened their grandmother I believe. And now Father James Mitchell is back and thanked Jimmy Jacobs for doing what he had been unable to do for years and brought back Abyss. Now Abyss and Kongo will face in Monster's Ball to crown the true monster of Impact.

Quick backstory on this Abyss and Jimmy Jacobs feud pls

Not much other than Jimmy Jacobs is just sick of Abyss running around as Joseph Park and now with his cousin Chandler Park (Ethan Page). So he introduced them to his cousin Kongo Kong and they want to bring the monster back out of Joseph Park. So far he's wrecked his office, destroyed Chandler and threatened their grandmother I believe. And now Father James Mitchell is back and thanked Jimmy Jacobs for doing what he had been unable to do for years and brought back Abyss. Now Abyss and Kongo will face in Monster's Ball to crown the true monster of Impact.

Wasnt there another storyline a year or so ago that was kinda the same thing?

Archived