Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

Gail Kim was recently interviewed by former WWE creative team member Kevin Eck for PressBox. Here are some of the highlights via PWPodcasts:

How shes feeling with her back injury:

My back was injured just basically from wear and tear over the years. Luckily, Impact has been so good to me in terms of letting me take time off to make sure Im healthy and never making me feel bad about it. Ive been ready to come back for a little while but [impact Wrestling] has had some time off because we film a bunch of shows once a month or once every other month, so thats the only reason why I havent been back in the ring, but Im going to be back shortly.

If shes under contract to Impact:

Technically, no, but I have a contract in hand. I wont ever go anywhere else. Thats my family.

Have you given thought to how much longer youd like to wrestle?

Those questions have popped in my head. We kind of incorporated it into the storyline, and I guess we teased [retirement]. People really thought I retired because we never really continued it or explained it; I just really got injured and never came back, so people assumed I was retired. I said, No, you will know when Im retired. I wouldnt go away that quietly.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/gail-kim-talks-back-injury-if-shes-under-contract-retirement-more/

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mind a bit of comedy it wrestling...ie: Fashion Police. BUT...I feel like these are the most memorable segments from each week...and they shouldn't be. They shouldn't be putting so much stock into a feud about a midget having his pants pulled down, and a feud about the commentary team not liking each other...oh...and that *censored*ing guy who thinks everyone is calling him a liar. The show is a *censored*ing mess right now. Only thing I care about is the X title.

I don't mind a bit of comedy it wrestling...ie: Fashion Police. BUT...I feel like these are the most memorable segments from each week...and they shouldn't be. They shouldn't be putting so much stock into a feud about a midget having his pants pulled down, and a feud about the commentary team not liking each other...oh...and that *censored*ing guy who thinks everyone is calling him a liar. The show is a *censored*ing mess right now. Only thing I care about is the X title.

I agree Spud could be used better

Guest Fight Me.

His Twitter bio says MLB Network and NHL Network host, but I've definitely seen him on some shows on WWE Network getting asked stuff so I guess he's a big wrestling fan.

Guest Fight Me.

Oh yeah, he was lol.

Dann, hyped for this Sonjay-Low Ki match.

It's still weird but cool how they let Caleb Konley wrestle as himself and Suicide at the same time.

While I like the Spud/Swoggle feud, one thing I don't is how this started with Swoggle as the heel and Spud as the face since he got the shit beat out of him with that hammer. Then they turned Spud heel again cause he finally got his receipt on Swoggle weeks later? I mean, I guess the beating was bad, but he was just getting his revenge. I don't think Spud did anything wrong lol. Well, regardless, just happy Spud is wrestling again.

Guest Fight Me.

Yeah, happy for Shera. Also glad they finally remixed his theme since I'm pretty sure they took the intro from Suicide's theme lol.

E-Singh-3. :lol:

– Matt Sydal spoke with Chris Van Vilet for a new interview. The video and highlights are below:

On his Impact Wrestling deal: “I do work for Impact Wrestling, but I’m just a straight up freelance agent in wrestling. I can work for anybody at any time. Basically every company calls me up.”

On the current state of professional wrestling: “The wrestling scene is on fire. I started feeling it three years ago and I could have told you that you better stay tuned because wrestling was about to get that boom again, just like we had in 1997 when it got real. Wrestling has become its own thing separate from what it was in the past and now when people think of pro wrestlers they don’t think of Hulk Hogan, they’re thinking of guys like me. When you say what does a pro wrestler look like, this is what a pro wrestler looks like in this day and age.”

On his spot in the cruiserweight field: “I’m the best Crusierweight, X Division, Junior Heavyweight wrestler whatever you want to call it. The way that everybody tries to put their matches on, they’re basically just trying to do what I do. It’s as simple as that. I was just lucky to be there ahead of the curve to be the driving force behind bringing this amazing style of wrestling from Japan that combined Lucha Libre, American professional wrestling, Canadian professional wrestling and Japanese wrestling all into one beautiful mix that fans worldwide absolutely can’t get enough of.”

On his time with WWE: “You guys have no idea what it’s like to walk in there. I’m 24-years old and the wizards of wrestling are all in front of me and you can ask them any question you want and they’ll just give you free advice. The business is so different from when I began to now that it’s important for me to take a look at the business today and think about how I want to be today, as opposed to carrying any momentum from the past.”

http://411mania.com/wrestling/matt-sydal-says-hes-the-best-cruiserweight-in-wrestling-talks-impact-deal/

Guest Fight Me.

Impact wrestlers go to catering in their gear lol.

Can't lie, Josh didn't look bad in there. Still knows everything he learned on Tough Enough. They couldn't fly out Joseph Park to save this guy from him though? Lol

Guest Fight Me.

They're watching his promos to get ready for him. :XD: Also, that looked like they took it right off from YouTube lmao.

FAT ASSES.

SONJAY DID IT!!!

Guest Fight Me.

As happy as I am for Sonjay winning, I'm upset he didn't just out the Moonstomp or any of his other old finishers to win. He's not even that old so I'm sure he can still do it. I mean, this moment was 14 years in the making and he finally wins the title with a splash? :lol:

Hurricane to 205 Live, pls?

I know he's officially 215, but lying to fans has never been a huge issue in pro wrestling. He would slot in nicely with the Neville situation. Could have a surprise return, say that only a Hero can stop a tyrannical monarch, etc...then just get his ass beat and slide into a nice midcard veteran role on 205.

Archived