Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

Yeah, I was thinking they need new titles now that they've officially and finally dropped the TNA name. They could always just make the Impact Grand Championship the top title for now.

Speaking of which, shouldn't this thread and this whole section be renamed now? Lol

Guest Fight Me.

Not sure how true it is, but apparently he was already starting trouble backstage at the tapings. Even though he had a lot of positive things to say about Impact on his podcast.

But then he went on to say LAX's new stuff has the potential to be as good as The Broken Hardys and merch sales can rival the Bullet Club. :lol:

Yea, he's bugging if he thinks LAX merchandise is going to sell enough to rival Bullet Club numbers.

Especially a bootleg LAX with no Hernandez or Shelly.

Although, I guess there is hope for LAX to have El Patron and some other top names in it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new impact website looks nice, btw.

A proper website instead of that dumb mobile tile mess they had before...

You know, Jarrett has somewhat done a bunch for this company already since coming back in. They got a new TV Deal in the UK, got their India deal back and will have TV tapings over there, they actually finalized the NOAH deal and sent wrestlers over there. Plus the new website. I know its not all Jarrett but you get it.

Btw, how the *Censored* did he not do this with GFW? He had to resort to gold scams.

Guest Fight Me.

Yeah, it really makes you scratch your head when you think about how long he's struggled to launch GFW. And he has Cody Rhodes walking around on Impact with a GFW title like if it was a legit company or something lol.

– Matt Hardy has taken to Twitter to comment on the legal threats sent to him and his family by Impact Wrestling. Impact fired off a cease-and-desist letter to the Hardys on Friday, as well as Ring of Honor and ROH’s PPV carriers, claiming that they owned the rights to the “Broken” gimmick and that the Hardys did not have the right to use them outside of Impact.

While Hardy’s wife Rebecca has been vocal in her criticisms of Impact and parent company Anthem’s tactics (and their owl), Hardy had been mostly silent until now. He wrote on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/841760745121558528
https://twitter.com/MATTHARDYBRAND/status/841798351641284612

http://411mania.com/wrestling/matt-hardy-responds-to-impacts-legal-threats/

How are they going to explain this? :lol:

They already revealed Suicide to be TJ Perkins

Well...Manik was actually revealed as Perkins, from what I have read.

The video shows a beacon for Manik, but seems to show Suicide responding, not Manik (?)...so, maybe they are claiming that the original Suicide is in fact different from Manik...(?) Yeah...that's the best I've got. I didn't watch that era of TNA, so I don't know if that could be a possibility or not.

Guest Fight Me.

Suicide and Manik use the same logo. TJP was still Suicide when he got unmasked, then put the mask back on and kept the same attire (without Suicide written all over it) when he became Manik. Then James Storm abducted and repackaged him.

How are they going to explain this? :lol:

They already revealed Suicide to be TJ Perkins

Well...Manik was actually revealed as Perkins, from what I have read.

The video shows a beacon for Manik, but seems to show Suicide responding, not Manik (?)...so, maybe they are claiming that the original Suicide is in fact different from Manik...(?) Yeah...that's the best I've got. I didn't watch that era of TNA, so I don't know if that could be a possibility or not.

No. Suicide was reavealed to be Perkins. The name change happened a month+ after that, I think.

And, I dunno...the wikipedia shit sounds like Perkins was Manik from the point that he changed the name until the point that he took the mask off...it sounds like Suicide was brought back for One Night Only 2016...but that was just a one off thing, and not related to Perkins or Manik.

On June 29, at the tapings of the July 4 episode of Impact Wrestling, Perkins began using the ring name Manik, while retaining a modified version of the Suicide costume and mask.[37][38] He participated in a three-way match for the X Division Championship against Sabin and Aries, which Sabin won to regain the championship; Manik was removed from the match after being attacked by the Aces & Eights.[39] After Sabin vacated the championship, Manik entered the tournament to determine the new champion, and advanced to the final by defeating Chavo Guerrero and Kenny King.[40] On July 18, at the tapings of the July 25 episode of Impact Wrestling, Manik won the vacant X Division Championship by defeating Greg Marasciuolo and Sonjay Dutt in a three-way Ultimate X match.[41]Including a successful defense against Chris Sabin on the September 26 episode of Impact Wrestling, Manik held the championship until Bound for Glory on October 20, when he lost it to Sabin in a five-way Ultimate X match.[42][43] Following a hiatus lasting several months, Manik returned to the promotion at Lockdown losing to Tigre Uno in a steel cage match.[44]

On September 3, Manik was kidnapped by James Storm and Sanada; the following week, Storm was shown initiating Manik into a new faction, later called The Revolution, and the trio later attacked Samoa Joe and Homicide.[45] On a September 23, 2015 episode of Impact Wrestling Manik quit The Revolution and took his mask off revealing his face on TNA for the first time since debuting as Manik. On January 12, 2016, TJ Perkins was released from TNA, removing the character from TV.[46]

In July 2016, the Suicide character was brought back for a TNA One Night Only X-Travaganza 2016 taping, this time being portrayed by independent wrestler Jonathan Gresham.[47]

From that, it literally sounds like the entire existence of Manik was Perkins, which means they could say it was a different character...IMO

I mean...that's how masks work. Sure...someone can say "He's always been"...but it doesn't really mean anything unless you have proof of the original person taking the mask off. And since we don't, TNA could easily say whatever they want.

I mean...considering that they just "deleted" the Hardys. :lol:

Archived