Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ok with all the TNA bashing and WWE name drops because it was the first week but I hope from this moment on the company moves forward and just tries to produce good shows

That's the thing...

It wasn't shit-talking just for the sake of shit-talking...it was like "we're headed in a new direction now, because the old direction ended up turning to pure shit"...which is true. So, I fail to see why it's a big deal. Since when did telling the truth get such a sour reaction?

I'm ok with all the TNA bashing and WWE name drops because it was the first week but I hope from this moment on the company moves forward and just tries to produce good shows

That's the thing...

It wasn't shit-talking just for the sake of shit-talking...it was like "we're headed in a new direction now, because the old direction ended up turning to pure shit"...which is true. So, I fail to see why it's a big deal. Since when did telling the truth get such a sour reaction?

Because you can't just say this company is dead just because management/Dixie was horrible. When the new people came in talking about the last few years, you are talking about everyone who has been there during that time. People like EC3, Eli Drake, and many others who only been there like 3 years trying their hardest in the company only to hear the company has been awful since that old owner hired you. It really is no good way to take that all they were doing is just killing morale.

I fail to see that connection at all. No one said anything negative about the athletes during that time.

People work hard...but when the management is as poor as it has been in TNA, you get a poor product in spite of the hard work of individuals. That's like saying "Oh...you can't say it's a bad restaurant, because the wait staff are really good."...of course you can still say it's a bad restaurant. People should be able to differentiate between "This place sucked because of management" and "This place sucked because the of the performers" (something that was never said).

The way they shit on past management was akin to saying "the food at this restaurant has been really awful here for a while now". Even if there were some hard workers who tried their hardest to sell that bad food anyway...it wasn't their fault, but the place still sucked. And I don't see anything wrong with saying that...if it's true.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Btw, I love how TNA's answer to the tag titles was literally this scene from the Simpsons:

As seen on Impact Wrestling this past Thursday night, Alberto El Patron made his Impact Wrestling debut to a surprisingly quiet reaction. His entrance was actually re-shot due to a production error, and was completely different than the live taping. Wrestling Inc. reader Lyne Butterworth noted that at the taping, the original entrance had a big error with the video wall reading "Alberto De Patron" instead of Alberto El Patron.

They re-taped his entrance, which is why you can't hear or see the audience as he came down the ramp. At the taping, he reacted to the massive pop that he received by milking his presence on the stage and greeting fans as he made his way down the ramp.

Lyne sent us the photo below of the production error, which was edited out of the broadcast:

ntodzOG.jpg

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0311/624040/why-alberto-el-patron-received-no-pop-for-impact-wrestling-debut/

Don't know why people always act like Monty Brown was this diamond in the rough that had a huge future as a top star. He was cool...but he had a history of having some pretty awkward moments...wasn't the smoothest in the ring, etc. Certainly never really deserved more than what he got. And the later downfalls in his career were his own personal choices. Family issues are important, but the dude walked away from WWE at a time when he could have shined. Never struck me as a top guy...just a decent midcard guy...like a modern Ken Shamrock or Godfather.

Guest Fight Me.

Don't know why people always act like Monty Brown was this diamond in the rough that had a huge future as a top star. He was cool...but he had a history of having some pretty awkward moments...wasn't the smoothest in the ring, etc. Certainly never really deserved more than what he got. And the later downfalls in his career were his own personal choices. Family issues are important, but the dude walked away from WWE at a time when he could have shined. Never struck me as a top guy...just a decent midcard guy...like a modern Ken Shamrock or Godfather.

Lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijSbGVNVZ-k

Nah, but, I thought Monty Brown was the shit. Shame there wasn't a midcard title (besides the X-Division title, which he obviously couldn't go after) in TNA at the time that he was there, could've definitely been champ for a long time.

Brown was great. Dude oozed charisma, cut entertaining promos, and was suitable in the ring with a nice impact finisher. Ill never forget that promo he cut against Samoa Joe cause the building went on fire and they needed to fill time. Just don't put him in a battle royal.

I didn't see much of the early years of TNA (pre Spike era)so didn't see all of Monty Brown work but I think he suffer from a rare wrestling situation where his finisher was more over then he was. I feel Petey Williams was the same way.

But to make such a in theory weak looking finisher into some so amazing does take some a high dose of charisma.

Guest Fight Me.

Yeah, I don't think Impact wants anything to do with Hernandez after the legal trouble they got into with Lucha Underground when he tried coming back last time lol.

That vignette was cool though.

Last time I saw Hernandez was at the JAPW 19th anniversary show that I went to...

He was high as shit, and kept corpsing. There was one part where he was supposed to be down on the outside if the ring, and he was just having a casual conversation with one of the fans, and laughing about something. :lol:

And lmao...that Reby shirt is pretty sweet.

Archived