Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

Mixed feelings on the future of TNA tbh. Some great new talents coming in, but I can't help but feel like TNA is currently in the WCW 2000 of its lifecycle.

Alberto is also a huge waste of money IMO. Hasn't really done anything noteworthy in quite a while and his public life has been somewhat of a shitshow since he left WWE. I give it 6 months before he leaves suddenly.)

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Former Impact Wrestling star Jade was the talk of many fans last week when news broke that her contract with Impact Wrestling had expired and that she was departing from the company.

Recently, Jade sat down with The VIP Lounge podcast with MVP to talk about her departure, her feud with Rosemary and option of an NXT run. Highlights of the interview below:

On her feud with Rosemary: She is the most creative person that I know, so she came up with everything. Shes a genius. Weve never wrestled each other until we were in Impact. Weve known each other since SHIMMER and we always wanted to wrestle each other but that was back when I was Mia Yim and she was Courtney Rush. She didnt have the gimmick that she does now, so I feel like if we would have wrestled in SHIMMER it wouldve been totally different than what it turned out to be for our feud. The first time we wrestled was for a One Night Only and that kind of when we tried to feel each other about in the ring and stuff. After that we just clicked, we knew we could make something, so it was a fun story. She is willing to take any and everything, obviously. So she was okay with all of that. Shes a tough girl.

Departure from Impact Wrestling: Heres the thing, I never was fired. I never was released nor was I ever like Hey TNA, F-U or I quit or anything like that. My contract expired, it expired this week. I am 100% a free agent. So taking indie bookings. They have sent me a renewal, so I am negotiating but I am exploring other options. So we will see what will happen. As of right now, everything, me and TNA, were fine, were good. Im just 100% free and Im just branching out to see what other options there are out there.

Option of an NXT run: I would love to just because they have so many women on their roster. I know I had a match with Charlotte back a couple years ago but it was only a minute long. Man, I just wish I could have a legit match with her, Sasha or even the NXT girls that are there now. There is a lot more competition there than it was years ago. So yeah, Ill keep that option open.

Jade also talks wrestling in the UK, inspirations from Gail Kim, upcoming SHIMMER shows, her favorite music and television programs.

You can listen to the full interview here: https://audioboom.com/posts/5674625-episode-70-shelton-benjamin-jade.

http://www.diva-dirt.com/131690/jade-comments-impact-wrestling-departure/

Guest Fight Me.

Local indy place I follow posted some spoilers, cause it looks like TNA signed some of their guys. It's a weird feeling lol.

What a strange feeling I have right now...

Being more excited for Impact this week than Raw, after watching the dumpster fire that was Fastlane.

I can honestly not remember the last time that I have favored Impact over WWE (if ever).

Agreed. Hoping TNA goes back to it's roots with Jarrett at the reigns again.

Guest Fight Me.

That intro was indeed cool.

Also, wonder how Brian Hebner feels to be wearing blue again lol.

Why is Rockstar Spud in the background like a road agent or something?

Archived