Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was a pretty decent segment, I thought it was a decent storyline all around. It all comes full circle for Pepper and Cherry. They both entered in the company but with no mention of each other, and I appreciate that they didn't force them together in a heel turn way automatically. The love is believable because they're actually a real couple.

Guest Fight Me.

Yeah, I've enjoyed this Allie/Braxton stuff more than I probably should've. Allie's whole character development in general has been pretty good.

Yeah, he almost killed the lovechild of Perry Saturn and Luke Gallows...

Did I miss where Rex had anything to do with this marriage angle...or did they just randomly put him there for tv time?

Spud was the flower girl, Rex just tagged along lol.

Dutch Mantel announced that he had officially signed to return to Impact Wrestling in a creative and advisory position. As I reported a few weeks back in the Elite section, the creative team going forward will be Jeff Jarrett overseeing a booking committee of Dutch Mantel and Scott D'Amore with Abyss, Jeremy Borash and Rockstar Spud assisting. There has been different stories floating about as to whether long-time creative team member Matt Conway is gone from TNA. There has been talk of hiring a writer who would be responsible for formatting the shows and turning them into scripts for production as well.

The belief is that any parity booking will be done with and a lot more old school elements will come into play. More than one person has pointed out the idea to me that now we will be able to see what TNA "could be like without Dixie Carter", but I think a bigger issue will be for the company to find and lock in talents that they need to develop as the 2017 equivalent of AJ Styles, Chris Daniels, Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode, etc.

The real question I have is how that all the creative changes factor into the Matt Hardy "Broken Universe" material, which has been far and away the saving grace of TNA over the last year. That sort of material is not going to be in the Jarrett/Mantel playbook. As of this morning, Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy have yet to sign new deals. The belief is Matt's deal has expired and Jeff's is close to doing so. One of the things TNA has allowed for the Hardys is their creative freedom (Matt has been the driving force in that regard) as well as the ability to go out and capitalize on that creativity on the independents, where they can command great paydays and lots of merchandise money. One has to speculate whether the creative changes could result in the loss of that creative freedom, while signing a new deal could also cut off their independent dates, depending on the deal. If signing a new deal means the Hardys lose that creative freedom and/or the ability to book themselves on the independents, there will have to be a choice of guaranteed money over that freedom and the reality is that with the current pro wrestling landscape in 2017, that freedom could be worth more. It will be an interesting story to follow as they are the biggest "names" the company has right now.

TNA still has yet to sign Drew Galloway to a new deal as well, which is amazing to me considering they are about to do the next round of TV tapings from 3/2-3/5 and he was a major part of the last few months of TV.

With John Gaburick out of creative, his push to bring in Alberto el Patron is done. Alberto was scheduled to appear at the last set of tapings but the decision was made to hold him off for March. Last we have heard, that wasn't going to happen. There had been on and off talks with Alberto dating back to the fall of 2016. Gaburick is now working on the production end.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=107946

As noted, former TNA World Heavyweight Champion Drew Galloway recently revealed that his TNA contract was expiring this month. Galloway confirmed on Twitter tonight that he is parting ways with the company.

"Thank you @IMPACTWRESTLING for these past two years & everything we achieved together," Galloway wrote. "I'll miss everyone & I'll see you down that long road"

Galloway debuted in TNA in January of 2015. In addition to the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, Galloway also held the Impact Grand Championship during his two-year stint with the company.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0226/623589/former-tna-world-champion-announces-departure-from-the-company/

I want him back in WWE working on his own. He's gotten so much more better and interesting while he's been working the indies.

Guest Fight Me.

If WWE does end up putting ICW on the network, I don't think we'll have to wait long.

As excited I am to possibly seeing him back, I hope he left the right way and dropped the belt at the tapings before he left (I don't read spoilers, so I don't know).

As we noted earlier tonight, former TNA World Champion Drew Galloway announced via Twitter that he will not be re-signing with TNA.

According to PWInsider.com, Galloway informed TNA officials of his decision to leave the company this evening.

The report adds TNA and Galloway had been in talks to sign a new deal, however TNA waited until the last two weeks to finalize the offer, and Galloway opted to leave the company as opposed to re-sign.

In related news, Drew Galloway might not be the only big name leaving TNA this week, as PWInsider has confirmed Matt and Jeff Hardys TNA deals will expire this week, and as of now the brothers have yet to re-sign with the company. It will be interesting to see if and when TNA announces the re-signing of The Hardys, as the company has built a large part of its TV product around the brothers, and had previously announced plans for a Total Nonstop Deletion DVD release.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/809741-backstage-news-on-drew-galloways-tna-departure-more-big-names-possibly-leaving-the-company

It was recently announced that Impact Wrestling is losing top names, Drew Galloway along with Matt and Jeff Hardy.

Long time WWE/WCW announcer and hall of famer, Jim Ross wrote on his latest blog that he expects more departures from Impact Wrestling to be announced in the coming days, "Expect more talents to likely leave Impact Wrestling as that is the norm for the biz when creative and management changes are made. Its akin to a sports team replacing their coaching staff with a new one. The new style/philosophy doesnt always fit for all the incumbent talents.

Ross also added, Anxious to see where the Hardy Boys wind up but make no mistake that they will have no issues finding, viable work from a variety of promoters. Matt and Jeff would be a great addition to a WWE roster specifically if WWE is committed to Hardy friendly creative for the duo who started in WWE and who I would suggest should wind up there when the time comes. This is a big loss for Impact if this goes down this way. This would be a significant get for WWE if WWE can close the deal. But make no mistake, with the Indy scene as it currently is, Matt and Jeff and create plenty of good paydays doing their own thing especially when it pertains to their merchandise business.

http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/45350/Jim-Ross-Believes-More-Talent-to-Leave-Impact-Wrestling/

Archived