Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

Basically lol

Well, kinda also said he will be the new belt collector in wrestling. The difference between someone like Austin Aries and Kenny Omega doing this is Omega will win titles worth a damn. Not the WhatCulture title lmao

I can see Omega with the AEW (?), AAA, (?), Impact and NWA world titles within a few months maybe. The holy grail would be Kenny with the IWGP Heavyweight championship, but that's a long way to go.

As some who watches most of those promotions i would rather none of that. Omega hasn't defended the AAA title in months.  Mox hasn't been able to defend the US title so im assuming Omega would be the same, and having Omega march in and take the Impact title would make impact look small time. 

But they get publicity!

Honestly, if I’m a wrestler who is directed to job to a guy who’s not signed to the promotion, I’ll tell them to go *Censored* themselves and they can fire me. I wouldn’t put up with that shit, especially if I’m a guy like Nick Aldis who’s had the title for so long.

But as a fan? It’s like who gives a shit if Omega is carrying around the IMPACT title or some other small time promotion’s title on Dynamite? Does that really mean that much to people?

All that being  said, I’m not so sure a promotion would fully commit to this storyline anyway unless they truly are desperate for publicity.

Guest Fight Me.

Well, we've already seen the NWA tap to AEW with Serena as champ and I'd imagine Aldis would do it since we've seen him do it before with Cody lol

And unfortunately we've already seen Impact treat Rich Swann like a jabroni last night. Taking the L to Chris Bey and then not being allowed in the parking lot for "the real world champion." At best, we get Swann vs. Omega on Dynamite and maybe Moxley interferes so Swann keeps the title. At worst, Swann loses the title but at least they still have Moose walking around as the self-proclaimed world champion and now they'll have more viewers on a weekly basis I hope.

At the end of the day, I do hope this helped Impact in the long run. We'll have to wait til next week to see on Twitch if they keep even half those viewers they did last night. I hope people watched and realized this isn't TNA 2010 anymore. They went from an average of 2.5K viewers a week on there (not counting AXS TV viewers) to 50K last night. Surely, a couple thousand had to think "I liked what I saw, I think I'll be back next week." I'm not saying Impact is perfect. No promotion is. I just think they deserve another chance to not be seen as the old TNA forever.

Did NWA sign people to contacts prior to their YT show, though? As for the women's title, you had one person who wasn't renewing her contract and other person with no contract, so NWA would have no winner signed to them after that match anyway (which is a bit embarrassing). lol

But if NWA isn't ready to close their doors and Aldis is still fully committed to them, Aldis should tell AEW to *Censored* off.

Archived