Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

IMPACT recently confirmed the departure of a former TNA Champion.

Rob Van Dam left the company, and so did his girlfriend Katie Forbes. As Fightful Select reported recently, their doesn't seem to be any sour grapes associated with it.

Fightful reached out to several within IMPACT Wrestling to ask about the departure of Katie Forbes and Rob Van Dam. We were told that the relationship between IMPACT and RVD lasted much longer than originally anticipated, and Forbes was inevitably signed as a favor to him. There's no heat between RVD, Forbes and IMPACT and the split seemed to be an amicable one with the possibility of a return or working together in the future still on the table.

Rob Van Dam joined the company in April 2019 after over six years away. He formed a short-lived team with Rhino last year before th two feuded. He wrapped up his time in IMPACT by losing to Sami Callihan.

Katie Forbes went winless in all five of her matches in IMPACT.

This article first appeared on our premium service, Fightful Select. Subscribe to get exclusive news every day, and a half-dozen weekly podcasts. It also appeared in our Fightful Wrestling Weekly newsletter, free on Fightful.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/update-rob-van-dam-and-katie-forbes-leaving-impact-wrestling?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Guest Fight Me.

I really hope Kylie's okay.

Bound For Glory saw some unexpected changes, as Kylie Rae did not appear.

Kylie was scheduled to take on Deonna Purrazzo for the IMPACT Knockouts Championship at Bound For Glory 2020, but inexplicably wasn't featured. Instead, Su Yung replaced her and won the title from Purrazzo, leaving question marks about Kylie's status.

Fightful Select reported the following last week:

As of now, there is no official reason as to why Kylie Rae was not on the IMPACT Bound For Glory show. Those we spoke to in the company simply told us that they thought the match was still going to happen as of Friday, and earlier last week.

Fightful has learned that according to several wrestlers, Kylie drove in (with said wrestlers) to Nashville Friday, and was even inquiring about call times for Saturday to management. However, whenever those call times came, Kylie Rae did not appear. We should specify, members of the roster informed us that Kylie drove in, not IMPACT officially.

Throughout Saturday, the concern from the locker room grew, as nobody had heard from Kylie Rae or even an update on her status throughout the afternoon. The decision to have Su Yung replace Kylie Rae was made that afternoon. Talent has not been made aware of an injury, as rumored. She did withdraw from Black Label Pro at the Collective two weeks ago, citing an injury.

Multiple wrestlers reached out to people close to Kylie out of fear for the worst, and were just told she's alive and well. We've attempted to contact IMPACT Wrestling officially, as well as Kylie Rae on the manner, and will not speculate on the conditions of the absence.

Here's to hoping for the best for all involved.

This article first appeared on our premium service, Fightful Select. Subscribe to get exclusive news every day, and a half-dozen weekly podcasts. It also appeared in our Fightful Wrestling Weekly newsletter, free on Fightful.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/kylie-rae-update-following-bound-glory?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Guest Fight Me.
2 hours ago, Ziggy Vercetti said:

Not even gonna comment on what Su did to Deonna since I love my life and being able to breathe

Say it with your chest. ???

I gotta rewatch the wedding and see who was there. I guess Taya wasn't there but that seems too obvious. Maybe she hired someone lol

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fight Me.
3 minutes ago, Lunchbox said:

Wait what happened with the Rascalz?

They didn't pay rent at the treehouse for 2 years. ???

Nah, I guess they just chose not to renew their contracts lol

Guest Fight Me.

Their run here reminds me of MCMG's first run where TNA just never gave them the titles for years despite obviously being the top and most over team. I'm sure things would've been different if The North didn't debut around the same time. At least the Guns eventually won them near the end of their run, but it was years and years after they should've.

Archived