Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AKA, I'm not home...and maybe I'll answer you later when I am home...and maybe I won't, because you have your opinions, and you don't care about mine anyway.

In short, this storyline with Tessa was built the way that an intergender angle should be built, and WWE is incapable of building angles that way (because they always want a pat on the back), and yes...Impact really did catch lightning in a bottle here. It isn't something that is likely to happen again.

I'll give you WWE is incapable of doing anything without making it look like a PR stunt, but the thing is, this isn't 2010, WWE isn't the only company that's out there anymore. You have AEW, Impact, heck, even NJPW could pull it off without making it seem like a cheap PR grab. Plus, a big thing Impact has is its writing. They've caught lightning in a bottle numerous times dating back to Broken Matt Hardy. I honestly believe they could book a Rosemary or a Havok as World Champ with proper build.

NJPW doesn't even have women...

Doesn't mean they can't bring one in, hence the reason I said "even NJPW" and didn't just lump them in there. You're honestly gonna sit there and say that if Becky was to leave WWE tomorrow they wouldn't even consider bringing her in just because she's a woman? They'd be fools to miss out on her name value just because of that.

I'm honestly not surprised about these reports of Tessa's behavior. I mean, she went to the Performance Center and went ape crap crazy on Ricochet, and was accused of some other stuff from other wrestlers. I wouldn't be surprised if Impact is hesitant to put the title on her now.

Tessa may not be forced but I still don't see how its believable she can be world champion.

To counter that point I don't believe any of the women on wwe could be Brock or the Fiend.

1. Then you have never been kicked in the face. Men or women. That shit hurts. Especially by a professional.

2. Sami Callihan is neither Brock, nor The Fiend

3. Rey Mysterio recently feuded with Brock Lesnar and fought back.

Tessa may not be forced but I still don't see how its believable she can be world champion.

To counter that point I don't believe any of the women on wwe could be Brock or the Fiend.

1. Then you have never been kicked in the face. Men or women. That shit hurts. Especially by a professional.

2. Sami Callihan is neither Brock, nor The Fiend

3. Rey Mysterio recently feuded with Brock Lesnar and fought back.

1. A woman professional fighter likely would kick my ass, I'm out of shape.

2. I know, bad point to make. I still dont see how its believable that a man and a woman who are in the same profession and level of fighting the man would lose.

3. Rey had a pipe when ever he was winning in that fued.

Well people knew she had issues in the past just not how bad I guess. And Impact has shown a history of not carin about bad press so what ever their decision was before this probably will remind intact. Though now if she doesn't win people are 100% going to blame this even if they didn't really plan on putting the title on her yet.

Also she isn't a once in a life time thing. AEW could easily build up Awesome Kong since there isn't a person in that male division that looks out of her league.

So...I just read that the wrestler in question with the racism allegations is literally named Rosa Negra. So...what are the odds that Tessa could have spit in her face and said "come on, Negra!" Just sayin...

Bullying might be a real issue...which would explain so many women not being fans of hers...but this racism issue might be blown out of proportion, IMO. Especially since she's married to a hispanic man.

Guest Fight Me.

Posted in the championships thread but I'll put it here too...

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1216493036030648320?s=19

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1216471085929189377?s=19

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1216476250673418240?s=19

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1216484247445352448?s=19

The updated Impact titles have switched from blue to red. They've switched to red since debuting on AXS TV. Red was always TNA's color so I'm glad with this change. They should've changed the silver to gold while they were at it though.

So...I just read that the wrestler in question with the racism allegations is literally named Rosa Negra. So...what are the odds that Tessa could have spit in her face and said "come on, Negra!" Just sayin...

Bullying might be a real issue...which would explain so many women not being fans of hers...but this racism issue might be blown out of proportion, IMO. Especially since she's married to a hispanic man.

Not saying she is but Tessa could easily hate black people and not being racist to Hispanics.

Archived