Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

Pro Wrestling Sheet has confirmed Rockstar Spud is no longer with Impact Wrestling and were told his release was done at the wrestlers request.

PWInsider first reported on his exit from the company this morning and were told his choice to ask for a release wasnt done out of ill will. It was merely a business decision.

Spud started with Impact in 2012 after winning the first season of their British Boot Camp series and became Dixie Carters chief of staff. He went on to have a memorable feud with Ethan Carter III that ended in a hair vs hair match.

His last match for the company was a Street Fight against Swoggle in May.

No word on what the wrestler has lined up for the future.

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/925150250939039744

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/rockstar-spud-leaves-impact-release/

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Knockout to Make Her Debut at BFG TV Tapings

As we reported in August, IMPACT Wrestling signed wrestler Hania The Huntress to a deal with the company.

After months of not using her, it was finally revealed by PWInsider that she would be making her debut for the company during the tapings this week after Bound For Glory in Canada.

She debuted as a masked wrestler under the name Saturyne in CHIKARA where she was trained by WWE’s Cesaro & Mike Quackenbush.

She would resurface at WSU’s event Blood and Thunder on October 12, 2013 unmasked under the name Hania where defeated Cherry Bomb.

At WSU Resurgence, Hania was defeated by Athena in singles action. The two faced off in a rematch at Breaking Barriers III on November 8, with Hania emerging victorious. At the WSU 8th Anniversary Show on February 21, 2015, Hania again lost to Athena in a TLC Match, and the two shook hands and hugged in a show of respect. After the embrace, however, Hania turned heel and attacked Athena with a steel chair.

She also has wrestled frequently for Women of Honor where she has had multiple matches against Mandy Leon.

Since leaving WOH, Hania has taken fewer bookings, only wrestling for AWS in California.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/hania-to-make-impact-debut-at-upcoming-tapings/

How was this?

Tbh, it was pretty shit from what I watched.

Watched about the last hour...maybe a bit more. The knockouts title match was sloppy and predictable. The six sides of steel match (with the annoying America's top team guys that no one cares about) was similarly sloppy and predictable...and the main event turned into a cluster*censored*. Main event was okay for a while...but the ending really just killed any hype it had. Pretty much like glennsoe described (overbooked and nonsensical).

Highlights from what I saw were a random Santino appearance and a random Jimmy Jacobs appearance. The show itself was definitely not something I would have spent money on. Also, seeing Johnny Nitro Morrison Mundo Impact struggle to put together a live promo...very, very painful (but highly entertaining). His weak points are really glaring without his pre-taped Lucha production...this guy who's supposed to be the epitome of cool...just sweating profusely and rambling about how happy his dad will be when he wins the Impact championship. Lol.

The show itself was definitely not something I would have spent money on. Also, seeing Johnny Nitro Morrison Mundo Impact struggle to put together a live promo...very, very painful (but highly entertaining). His weak points are really glaring without his pre-taped Lucha production...this guy who's supposed to be the epitome of cool...just sweating profusely and rambling about how happy his dad will be when he wins the Impact championship. Lol.

I had heard he got better over the years but back in WWE that how they usually got the best stuff from Morrison. His non live dirt sheet stuff was really good but his live stuff wasn't so much.

How was this?

Tbh, it was pretty shit from what I watched.

Watched about the last hour...maybe a bit more. The knockouts title match was sloppy and predictable. The six sides of steel match (with the annoying America's top team guys that no one cares about) was similarly sloppy and predictable...and the main event turned into a cluster*censored*. Main event was okay for a while...but the ending really just killed any hype it had. Pretty much like glennsoe described (overbooked and nonsensical).

Highlights from what I saw were a random Santino appearance and a random Jimmy Jacobs appearance. The show itself was definitely not something I would have spent money on. Also, seeing Johnny Nitro Morrison Mundo Impact struggle to put together a live promo...very, very painful (but highly entertaining). His weak points are really glaring without his pre-taped Lucha production...this guy who's supposed to be the epitome of cool...just sweating profusely and rambling about how happy his dad will be when he wins the Impact championship. Lol.

Lmao wow. Might just peep the LAX match. Heard it was alright.

Guest Fight Me.

I sat through the whole thing and I felt kinda bad that I got my wrestle buds together for it. Impact usually tries and actually can put on decent shows when they're live so I was kinda disappointed last night. Everything fell kinda flat, especially the finish of the main event. Even the X-Division match didn't feel like they went all out, which was the only match the crowd was kinda into (and it was the opener).

It wasn't a completely horrible show, but definetely not something I'd expect for the company's biggest show of the year. And I feel kinda bad that they're gonna be stuck with this crowd for the TV tapings, which I think is gonna cover the rest of the year.

We are currently hiring PAID background actors for the following:

MUST BE OTTAWA LOCAL.
NON UNION ONLY.
NON-SPEAKING ROLE
Filming dates: Tuesday, November 7th - Thursday, November 9th
Time: 7 PM - 11 PM
Pay rate: $12.50 / hour for 4 hours work
($50.00 per day of work)

Location: Aberdeen Pavilion, 1000 Exhibition Way, Ottawa, ON K1S 5J3

ANYONE 16 years or younger MUST have a parent and/or guardian with them at all times.
50-75 x audience members (per day - Nov 7th to Nov 9th)
All Ages
Any Ethnicity
Bring friends and family!!
Applicants can work more than 1 day; so please mention if you are available to be hired for multiple days.
Wardrobe: casual clothing - t-shirts, jeans, sweatshirts. Weekend casual.

You may be given signs to hold; you are encouraged to look at wrestlers on the website (The Official Home of Impact Wrestling) and make your own signs, that would be very helpful - and you will get more face time on TV!!

You will get to sit in the audience and watch a thrilling night of wrestling provided to you by IMPACT! Each day of filming will be 4 hours long.

FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW!
Please email smythbooking@gmail.com if you fit the criteria.
Please send us:
Full name
E-mail address

Who's in?

didn't realize till now that I had copped some non CAWs smiley codes from where I got this from.

Impact Wrestling has lost another one. James Storm announced on Twitter that hes done with the company after Thursdays taping in Ottawa. You can see the post below:

https://twitter.com/JamesStormBrand/status/928812050586984448?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

While Storms deal with Impact doesnt expire until January, he is now done as the company isnt running any dates before his deal expires. Storm joins a list of recent departees that include Bram, Rockstar Spud, some of the Knockouts roster and all of the contracted referees including Earl Hebner.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/james-storm-departing-impact-wrestling/

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/james-storm-leaves-impact-speech-video/

Archived