Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really not a bad shirt. It does what it needs to. Also, the Johnny Impact name is pretty slick. I feel like that dude has the best names wherever he goes. You can literally put anything after "Johnny" and make it sound good. :lol:

Wonder if any of these guys from outside companies are ever gonna get shit in Impact...or if they're just bound to lose every outing they have against the GFW people. Getting kind of old, tbh.

OVE might be my current least favorite thing in any wrestling product in the entire world. I'm hard pressed to think of anyone who I consider a bigger pile of ass.

I was going to try to state a good point about them then I realized I didn't even spell their three initial name right.

Global Force Wrestling has announced that this years annual Bound for Glory pay-per-view will take place in Canada. The company has been teasing an international announcement for the past several days, releasing teaser packages for destinations all around the world including Japan and the United Kingdom. While we dont have any more information at this time, the company has promised to reveal the host city and more information on the upcoming event this Monday.

This will be the first time since 2012 that the stars of Impact Wrestling visit our neighbors to the north, and the first time in nine years that Canada will play host to a GFW/TNA pay-per-view event. The last major event was TNA No Surrender back in 2008, featuring a triple threat main event between Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle and Christian Cage for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

While this wont be confirmed until the official reveal on Monday, the destination that makes the most sense is Toronto, Ontario. In their touring days TNA ran house shows in the Toronto area on a semi-annual basis, frequenting smaller cities like Hamilton and Windsor. Its also an extremely quick and easy flight for Americans looking to make the trip, especially from hub cities like Chicago and New York. Its potentially worth noting that GFWs current parent company Anthem Sports & Entertainment is also based out of Toronto.

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/909185798502830085

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/883501-global-force-wrestling-reveals-which-country-will-host-this-years-bound-for-glory-ppv

Taya Valkyrie opens up on her failed deal with WWE

Whats the story?

In a recent edition of Talk Is Jericho, GFW star Taya Valkyrie spoke to Chris Jericho about a myriad of topics, most prominently recalling the time WWE cancelled her contract.

On that note, Taya revealed that about 7 months before leaving to Mexico and joining Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide, she was indeed offered a contract by WWE, only for said contract to be cancelled at the last minute without any explanation given for the cancellation.

Additionally, Taya asserted that she doesnt begrudge anyone at the company and still follows the WWE product. She also praised several active WWE female Superstars namely Charlotte Flair, Sasha Banks, Bayley, Natalya, Ember Moon, Asuka and Ruby Riot.

In case you didnt know

Taya Valkyrie, whose real name is Kira Renee Forster, was set to work for WWE after bagging a developmental contract in 2011, however, her deal with the promotion didnt come to fruition and the Canadian instead ended up working on the Mexican professional wrestling circuit for Lucha Libre AAA Worldwide and Lucha Underground.

The 33 year old Canadian now performs for GFW as well, having joined the promotion earlier this month.

The heart of the matter

Taya Valkyrie spoke about her deal with WWE falling through and the logic behind it, stating:

A little unknown fact is that about seven months before I went to Mexico, I was offered a contract by WWE. And I went through all the steps, I was waiting to get all my medical tests done, and they decided to not take me, so needless to say I was wasn't given an explanation and to this day I don't really know what happened. I passed the background check and all of this stuff."

They pulled (the contract). They just decided they didn't want me anymore. Needless to say, I was extremely upset."

Taya added that shed quit multiple jobs, sold off her house and was preparing to leave her apartment just so that she could join WWE. However, her goal didn't come to fruition.

Furthermore, Taya explained that she doesnt hold any ill will towards WWE and is happy that the rejection helped her find success outside the company. The GFW star also added that she does watch WWE programming and praised several WWE performers, alluding that she desires to work for the promotion in the near future.

Whats next?

Taya Valkyrie and her partner Johnny Impact presently perform for GFW. Johnny Impact is currently the number one contender for Eli Drake's GFW Global Championship.

Authors take

Taya Valkyrie is a phenomenal talent and the WWE really dropped the ball by letting her go.

Regardless, heres hoping we get to see Taya Valkyrie put on great matches inside the Impact Zone with the likes of Gail Kim and Taryn Terrell.

https://sportskeeda.com/wwe/gfw-news-gfw-star-opens-up-on-why-wwe-cancelled-her-contract?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=sportskeeda

The Taya that WWE let go was not the Taya we know today, she only had wrestled a handful of matches at that time and that was still during the Diva era, 2011 i believe was when WWE signed and released her.

The improvements she's made since going to Mexico have been a night and day difference.

I knew he was never officially signed or anything...but Cornette is already gone from Impact. He seriously returned just to oust Prichard and take his job for a week or two. :lol: That was like the equivalent of getting some chick to split with her boyfriend and then being like "yeah...this really isn't working out". Hahaha.

I knew he was never officially signed or anything...but Cornette is already gone from Impact. He seriously returned just to oust Prichard and take his job for a week or two. :lol: That was like the equivalent of getting some chick to split with her boyfriend and then being like "yeah...this really isn't working out". Hahaha.

When Cornette being Cornette and GFW being GFW clash

Guest Fight Me.

Apparently it's due to him not being able to enter Canada lol. Since they aren't just doing BFG there apparently, but TV tapings after. I feel like...they could've just written him off for a bit, or perhaps pretaped backstage stuff back in Florida. Idk but it's pretty ridiculous.

Don't think anyone is totally surprised though lmao.

Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp. sent us the following press release officially announcing Bound For Glory for November 5th in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. It should be noted that there are no references to Global Force Wrestling and GFW in the announcement. As noted, Jeff Jarrett, who is currently on a leave of absence from Impact Wrestling, is still believed to own the rights to the GFW name.

Anthem also sent the Bound For Glory promotional image at the end of this post, which doesn't feature any GFW branding. There is also no GFW branding in the promotional video above for the event.

IMPACT Wrestling Announces 'Bound for Glory' Set for Nov. 5 in Ottawa, Canada Exclusively on PPV

NASHVILLE | TORONTO – IMPACT Wrestling, a subsidiary of Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp., announced today that Bound for Glory, its premier annual pay-per-view event, will be broadcast from the historic Aberdeen Pavilion in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada on Sunday, November 5, 2017.

The Aberdeen Pavilion will also play host to five days of IMPACT television tapings from Nov. 6 to Nov. 10. Ticket on-sale information for Bound for Glory and IMPACT will be revealed in the coming weeks.

"We are ecstatic and honored to bring our blockbuster event Bound for Glory to a Canadian venue rooted in cultural heritage and tradition," said Ed Nordholm, president of IMPACT Wrestling. "Our loyal Canadian viewers on Fight Network and GameTV have been vocal supporters of IMPACT Wrestling over the years and we thought the nation's capital would be a fitting place to stage our biggest event of the year. Canadian professional wrestling crowds have a reputation for their energy and enthusiasm, so we are excited to bring them an unforgettable night of action."

Bound for Glory will feature World Champion Eli Drake, former champion Alberto el Patron and Johnny Impact, the holder of the Mega, Latin American and World Cruiserweight championship belts in Lucha Libre AAA, who will be making his inaugural Bound for Glory appearance. Bobby Lashley has unfinished business; will he return and will his cohorts from American Top Team, led by owner Dan Lambert, continue to meddle with his career? The Knockouts will collide as Hall of Famer Gail Kim works through her final year in professional wrestling, and the stars of the X-Division will bring their high-flying brand of athletics to the ring. International talent for the event will include El Hijo del Fantasma, Pagano and El Texano Jr. from Lucha Libre AAA.

Located in Lansdowne Park, the historic fairgrounds of Canada's national capital, the 33,000-square foot Aberdeen Pavilion is an Ottawa landmark, which has been home to many significant events throughout the city's history, including Stanley Cup challenge matches in 1904. Built in 1898 and inspired by London's Crystal Palace, the venue was designated a national historic site of Canada because it is the only large-scale exhibition building in Canada surviving from the 19th century.

Showcasing some of the biggest stars in professional wrestling, IMPACT airs on Thursdays at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT on Pop in the U.S., as well as Fight Network and GameTV across Canada.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0918/632292/impact-wrestling-official-bound-for-glory-announcement/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Archived