Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw that Forbes put up some bogus article about WWE "needing to stay away from the blemished organization that is TNA/Impact". Seriously...Forbes are dumbasses. They shouldn't even report on wrestling related stories. I browsed through the story, and it was basically about how the person who wrote it thought that Impact could be a fun weekly show on the Network, but now he sees no reason for WWE to buy it, because it's ruined indefinitely...or some such hogwash. Only a moron would have ever thought that WWE would keep the Impact brand and run a show with it. That was clearly never the plan if they were to acquire it.

The WWE just wants the video content for Styles, Angle, Joe and others

Exactly.

And with the company looking even more down-and-out now than before, it would be an even better time to buy it than it was a few months ago. Now Impact really looks like a complete failure. They should be selling for even less, I would think.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me watching Impact in here:

icNAaUm.jpg

Konnan trashed OvE so bad. Lol. He definitely wanted to say more, too. At the end, he was like "nah...forget it". :lol:

Lmao...these piped in crowd sounds are BAD.

Guest Fight Me.

Lmao I love that Jim Cornette's sidetrons are literally the Cornette Face meme.

Can't wait for the one week Low-Ki randomly disappears and then LAX have to imply that they killed him in the parking lot or something lmao.

Lmao I love that Jim Cornette's sidetrons are literally the Cornette Face meme.

Can't wait for the one week Low-Ki randomly disappears and then LAX have to imply that they killed him in the parking lot or something lmao.

And then he shows up next year again

“We’re trying to help people affected by the situation, starting with paying for hotel rooms for families who lost their houses or are currently unable to live in their houses. We want to help families get back on their feet, and we just had a charity event in San Antonio with the Salvation Army to bring food to families and their pets in the areas affected by the hurricane.

We just want to give back to these people. We are blessed and lucky to not be affected by the hurricane. If we ever faced something like that, I would love to have people saying, ‘Here I am to help you.’ I know a lot of people aren’t as lucky as we were with the hurricane, so why not help? Good things happen to good people.”

“I’ve been in touch with Global Force Wrestling, and we’re working to bring back Alberto El Patron to the company. We’re working to find something that will please the fans. At the end of the day, I work for the fans; they are the ones I work to please. I am going to put all my heart, all my passion into making this work. I am completely focused on where I want to take the company in November, and I promise to make the company great again, and Alberto is going to be on top again.”

-El Patron

Global Force Wrestling President Ed Nordholm recently appeared on Wrestling Observer Radio and discussed several topics concerning GFW.

Regarding the upcoming GFW Network, Nordholm says that it will be launched some time next week. Free subscribers will have access to Impact Wrestling episodes 10 days after they originally air on television. A paid subscription will cost $7.99 a month and will give subscribers access to somewhere between 800 to 950 hours of GFW/TNA footage, at least at the launch of the Network. Overall, the company has over 3,000 hours of footage in their video library.

Nordholm also said that they will try to contact other wrestling promotions about joining the GFW Network as well:

“We do expect in the very near future to be bringing in our partners as well. It’s not branded an Impact app. We want it to be a generic place for AAA, NOAH, if we can persuade New Japan or anybody. We’ll have a plan, an efficient place for an aggregation of wrestling content that isn’t related to WWE.

“Most of the product will be in the pay tier. It’s hard to make the business work in the digital world off an ad-based product. There will be stuff available on the free tier, but you’ll have to go to the pay tier for the archives.”

When asked about the recent rumors that Anthem is looking to sell GFW, Nordholm said the following:

“We’re invested in this company. We’re growing it. We know it’s not going to turn around tomorrow.”

When asked about possible interest from WWE, specifically for purchasing the GFW video library, Nordholm said:

“I know full well how the WWE Network would monetize the content and what they could pay for the library. It makes no sense for me to sell it for that kind of price. I’d rather keep it, put it up on the app, and monetize it myself.”

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/48119/Ed-Nordholm-Discusses-GFW-Network-Sale-Rumors/

“I know full well how the WWE Network would monetize the content and what they could pay for the library. It makes no sense for me to sell it for that kind of price. I’d rather keep it, put it up on the app, and monetize it myself.”

WWE can monetize the content because they have the wrestlers, and they have the fans who are already subscribed to the WWE Network. You really aren't going to have a ton of people subscribing to this new "GFW Network" for $7.99 a pop. The content is more valuable on a WWE platform, since that's where all the old TNA wrestlers are. It's less valuable in the hands of GFW, which is why they won't be able to capitalize on it much at all. Eventually, WWE will get that content. All that I see happening, is the offering price going down more and more as time goes on.

GFW star Rosemary has been cleared to return to the ring following her injury at AAA TripleMania. Sonjay Dutt confirmed the news on Tuesday during the GFW media conference call that the former Knockouts Champion is set to compete starting this coming weekend on independant dates.

Dutt said (per PWInsider) that GFW will not feature anything further on the incident between Rosemary and Sexy Star at the AAA event, where Star put Rosemary in a legit armbar and refused to release it, resulting in an arm injury. He referred to the situation as unfortunate.

Dutt noted that the working relationship between AAA and GFW is still in good shape after the incident.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/rosemary-cleared-return-ring/

As we reported last night on PWInsider.com, the Global Wrestling Network launched last night, except it really didn't. While we heard from scores of readers that the streaming service had launched, what had actually happened is GFW made the service live as they were tweaking the infrastructure, making it possible for those who visited the site to begin streaming and watching all the content - for free. We are told that it was not meant to be a public launch in any way but that they were working on preparing the site for launch. The problem was, they didn't put the work behind a wall so that fans couldn't access the site. Once the company realized that word was getting around that the site was being used and that it was being reported it was live and operational, they shut down the entire thing.

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=112274

Archived