Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

AAA probably wants them to do it to save face. I didn't even know about the situation. So she snapped her arm or something?

Yeah, it was actually a Fatal 4 Way. The heat was between Sexy and this other girl in the match, who started shooting on each other. Which then lead to Sexy taking it out on Rosemary during the finish with a shoot armbar. Thankfully the injury isn't as bad as originally suspected, Rosemary says she has a strained tricep/bicep with swelling around the area. She says she will return when her doc is happy with her strength and range of motion, but she doesn't think she will miss much time at all.

GFW Knockout Diamante suffered a knee injury during a four way Tag Team championship match during an IMPACT Taping back in July.

During the match, she got involved and seemed to tweak her knee while running to do a move and was seen limping while LAX celebrated winning the match.

She had not seen any in ring action since that match and underwent surgery to repair her left ACL about a week ago.

She will be out of action for the remainder of the year.

We wish Diamante a speedy recovery!

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/diamante-injury-update/

According to Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated, Global Force Wrestling, under Anthem Media’s ownership, has been “hemorrhaging funds” and that “sources close to the situation have confirmed that Anthem is ready to withdraw itself from the wrestling industry and sell GFW.” There were several cutbacks at the last TV tapings, with a number of talents not brought in and others only used for certain tapings before being flown home, instead of staying for the entire run of tapings.

Anthem has had to catch the company up and get it out of several legal issues since buying the company, including the Billy Corgan situation and a lawsuit brought against the company by its former production company, Virginia’s Audience of One Productions. The ownership came with Impact deeply in debt.

Along with that has been the public battle with the Hardys over the Broken Universe, the suspension of then-reigning GFW champion Alberto el Patron and yesterday’s issues with Jeff Jarrett.

Prior to Anthem acquiring the company, Sinclair Broadcasting, WWE, and Billy Corgan all had interest in the company. The site adds that Jarrett still owns the name of “Global Force Wrestling”, so Anthem would be selling “Impact Wrestling”.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/anthem-reportedly-hemorrhaging-funds-wants-gfw/

Yeah, thats some bullshit. She needs to get dealt with for that, put her on a milk carton.

Her latest statement is even more preposterous...and she finally got stripped of the Reina de Reinas belt, so...that's good. But, yeah...the latest rant she went on was hard to read. It was a short novel...and she played the victim even harder than she did in her other rant.

This is hilarious. What a goofy wrestling promotion

GFW/TNA/Impact Wrestling whatever is going to be called will be one of those that will never die. In fact, after a nuclear holocaust wipes out most of humanity, this as well as Grey's Anatomy, Supernatural and the Big Bang Theory will remain.

Accurate :lol:

Especially about Grey's Anatomy and Supernatural

Selling Impact/TNA branding to WWE is the only move that saves face at this point. Just let it be done. This was your dying breath, Impact. You had every possible chance this time around...a new look, a new feel, exceptional talents from all around the world. Still blew it. Time to pack it in. Let Jarrett take his GFW brand back to the indys...and sell the Impact portion to WWE.

Selling Impact/TNA branding to WWE is the only move that saves face at this point. Just let it be done. This was your dying breath, Impact. You had every possible chance this time around...a new look, a new feel, exceptional talents from all around the world. Still blew it. Time to pack it in. Let Jarrett take his GFW brand back to the indys...and sell the Impact portion to WWE.

Man those WWE DVD sets on AJ Styles, Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe could get loaded right away.

I wonder who the WWE would be interested in among that roster?

Most of the best guys are from AAA and Noah, anyway...or on loan from smaller feds in the states. So...they would probably just go back to doing what they were already doing. I do want to see Fallah Bahh and Mario Bokara in WWE soon, though. I really like those guys. Especially Fallah. He's seriously the modern day Yokozuna (better in many ways). But, yeah...most of that roster would either go back to AAA/Noah, or just go with Jarrett back to GFW, I think.

Most of the best guys are from AAA and Noah, anyway...or on loan from smaller feds in the states. So...they would probably just go back to doing what they were already doing. I do want to see Fallah Bahh and Mario Bokara in WWE soon, though. I really like those guys. Especially Fallah. He's seriously the modern day Yokozuna (better in many ways). But, yeah...most of that roster would either go back to AAA/Noah, or just go with Jarrett back to GFW, I think.

I heard EC3 on X-Pac's Podcast. He says he has some unfinished business there.

I would rather see my favorite Knockout, Rosemary back with Shimmer/Shine full time, although if she came into Full Sail as she is now, she could be over huge there.

EC3 would be nice, I guess...but I have a serious feeling that he would fail a drug test in four seconds flat...and same goes for Eli Drake, and a bunch of the other Impact guys. Way too many roid heads on that roster.

And I have to agree with you about the women...I think I'd be more excited about Rosemary, Sienna...even Allie and Laurel.

I would be fine with Rosemary coming into NXT if she came is as she is, albeit with a name change. If that happens it will give NXT a look that they've never had in their Women's Division. Not sure if Allie or LVN would be as over at Full Sail as Rosemary would be if she kept her look.

Archived