Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

was that doombunny dressed as one of the cheerleaders when Moose came out?

Might've been, she was in one of LAX's vignettes recently when they invaded Wrestle Pro.

That interview about intergender matches is exactly what WWE needs to get. Because, intergender matches won't mean shit if they end up doing one or two, and the woman just goes over clean and easy, in a comical way. The woman should be beaten and abused. The crowd should feel sorry for her. That's what makes a good match. It should look dire, and it should be uncomfortable...and THEN the woman should win. And it will mean the world when she does.

That interview about intergender matches is exactly what WWE needs to get. Because, intergender matches won't mean shit if they end up doing one or two, and the woman just goes over clean and easy, in a comical way. The woman should be beaten and abused. The crowd should feel sorry for her. That's what makes a good match. It should look dire, and it should be uncomfortable...and THEN the woman should win. And it will mean the world when she does.

I think a competitive match between Asuka and Bálor (for example) would work just as well, with a lesser risk of a media scandal

I think a competitive match between Asuka and Bálor (for example) would work just as well, with a lesser risk of a media scandal

But, still...in a match like that...you would expect Asuka to be rag-dolled for most of it. She's a competitive and competent fighter, of course...but she still wouldn't be able to compete with the raw strength of a man with a ton of weight on her. It definitely shouldn't be a straight back and forth, equal match. An intergender match should really never be that (unless the woman is a freak like Chyna was). Realistically, you're looking at a situation where the woman gets in about half as much offense as the man does, and somehow pulls off a victory at the end to prove that she can hang in the male division...even an awesome performer like Asuka.

But, still...in a match like that...you would expect Asuka to be rag-dolled for most of it. She's a competitive and competent fighter, of course...but she still wouldn't be able to compete with the raw strength of a man with a ton of weight on her. It definitely shouldn't be a straight back and forth, equal match. An intergender match should really never be that (unless the woman is a freak like Chyna was). Realistically, you're looking at a situation where the woman gets in about half as much offense as the man does, and somehow pulls off a victory at the end to prove that she can hang in the male division.

That's backwards imo. Then you can just not do intergender matches.

Or matches between two people with large gaps in their weight classes. And Asuka could totally put the fight to someone like Bálor.

She had several, competitive intergender matches in Japan.

How is that "backwards", and why should they just "not do them" if that's the case?

There's no world in which Asuka would fight Balor and not get her ass beat for most of that. You're not talking about Asuka vs Heath Slater...you said Finn Balor. That's top tier talent. There's no way that a top female should be perfectly equal to a top male (who outweighs her by 60lbs). I'm sorry...but that's logic. That's exactly what makes intergender matches boring...(when they're not believable). I don't want to see a woman perform move for move on equal ground with a man...I want a reason to care. I want to be surprised. I want to suspend my disbelief.

A match where a woman goes move for move with a man, and doesn't give an inch...is quite frankly...not believable, in the least bit. Not even Asuka. She's tiny. She may be a fighter...but she's tiny. If Balor kicked her with the force that he kicks male opponents, she would be considerably more rocked from that. I'm not in favor of throwing physics out the window just for the sake of feminism. Sorry if you disagree with that. That's what makes bad intergender matches.

And as for weight classes, like cruiserweights vs heavyweights...the cap for cruiserweights is 205. Asuka weighs 137. I think those numbers speak for themselves. There's no world where a woman who weighs 137 is going to outperform a man who weighs 190 (especially rock solid muscle like Balor is). She could get that upset win...but she would never go move for move.

And I never said a single thing about not being competitive...I just said the ratio of offense would be heavily skewed in Balor's favor. Of course she would be competitive...she would survive, and even win...just not move for move.

whatever. It's cool if you want every intergender match to tell the exact same story. But that's not what most people are looking for. Especiaily not those that have seen the countless top class intergender matches happening all over the world, bar the WWE and US television. By all means...I don't see how the undefeated woman Asuka should not be able to wrestle on par with Finn Bálor or other top wrestlers. And there are many ways to have a match, without two people lifting weights or what ever they can do to show the difference in weight. If Kazuchika Okada can outwrestle Bad Luck Fale, there is no reasojn for Asuka to not outperform people heavier and taller than her. Especially since her style of wrestling hardly resolveas around picking your opponent up and slamming him/her across the ring.

And it is backwards because the whole point why people want intergender wrestling is that female wrestlers can be just as great (in some instances greater) than their male counterparts. By making the story being about "Clearly outperformed, but atleast she has heart" IS completley backwards)

When did I say that all those matches needed to tell the same story? Don't be the person who puts words into the mouths of other people. I never said that. A competitive match in which the woman looks to be in trouble more often than not...that's all that I said. And that leaves plenty of room for storytelling.

When you had a match like Mysterio vs a bigger opponent in the past, it was the same way...he never went move for move. He always took a beating for most of the match. He won by sheer will and determination after overcoming the odds. You can't act like weight classes and gender don't matter at all...that just doesn't make sense.

Does anyone think there's a chance that Patron is against joining LAX, and wasn't really part of that whole scenario? Seemed a lot like he was out on his feet, and might show up this week and say that he never agreed to join them. Looked like he was being propped up and paraded around without much enthusiasm.

Guest Fight Me.

Yeah, I doubt Alberto officially joins lol. But I can see them revealing a real new member soon, I've seen Eddie Kingston's name thrown around and he seems to be a perfect fit. Though if this means LAX's newest member ends up feuding with Alberto for the unified title, that seems to be a huge step up for someone like Kingston. So I'd be surprised if it was him, especially considering we last saw him apart of DCC, who didn't make quite a huge impact as everyone thought they would.

Global Force Wrestling issued the following announcement:

Global Force Wrestling has indefinitely suspended Alberto El Patron, effective immediately, until the investigation is resolved following a recent incident in Orlando, Florida.

As PWInsider.com first reported, Patron is currently under investigation by the Orlando Police Department for alleged domestic violence battery following an incident on Sunday July 9th.

The incident involved current WWE Talent Paige based on audio and photos that have leaked since our initial reporting.

Since the initial report, members of Paige's family have come out publicly against Patron while Paige herself has claimed that the incident was one that was caused by a woman throwing water on Alberto after Paige received bad news about her sick uncle. However that woman has come forward and was interviewed by Heavy.com admitting that she was the one that recorded the audio that was published by TMZ and claiming that the argument between the two included allegations made by Paige of drug use by Patron in the two days leading to the incident.

Patron has not commented publicly since the investigation was reported. GFW had previously promised to conduct their own investigation.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=110896

Archived