Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

Shocked to see positive reactions on here. Cool though. I read a 411Mania review that gave it a zero and another site...the reviewer quit midway through.

I don't understand that at all.

Have they not seen the state of TNA in the past...shit...year or two? This was an actual wrestling show...with actual progression, surprises, suspense, comedy, etc. Who are these dumbass reviewers?

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shocked to see positive reactions on here. Cool though. I read a 411Mania review that gave it a zero and another site...the reviewer quit midway through.

I don't understand that at all.

Have they not seen the state of TNA in the past...shit...year or two? This was an actual wrestling show...with actual progression, surprises, suspense, comedy, etc. Who are these dumbass reviewers?

I go to 411Mania and Voices of Wrestling to read up on shows I never watch like 205 Live and sometimes TNA. But yeah, they felt they were going backwards again and bitched about Matthews and all the WWE references, mainly.

(Note: I'm not offering my own opinion here. Didn't watch it).

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people say it was horrible because commentary showed no respect to the talents and argued all night.

I said the WWE name dropping was gonna backfire because thats a popular reason why people shit on TNA. Boom, guess what people are saying.

They're praising this New Management, but they lost Galloway, The Hardys, Brooke, and now possibly Eli Drake.

They're praising this New Management, but they lost Galloway, The Hardys, Brooke, and now possibly Eli Drake.

I hate Eli Drake. Hardys are more valuable elsewhere (before they got stale). And Galloway is give or take. Galloway is probably also much more enjoyable to watch elsewhere. Overall, the losses open up Impact for a completely new direction and help freshen things up. Only time will tell who they get to fill the holes...but the future looks better than it did, IMO.

PWInsider.com is reporting a number of wrestlers were upset about tonights episode of Impact Wrestling featuring comments knocking the old TNA, feeling like it insulted the roster too.

Eli Drake was said to have confronted Jeff Jarrett about this; it was not something described as an ugly situation, but rather Drake and Jarrett had a discussion about it, and Drake voiced his concerns about the roster being frustrated with some of the new changes. It was noted that there were talents who felt the digs at the previous higher-ups reflected on the talent and everyone working there as well, who continued to work hard despite not knowing what the state of the company was last year. PWInsider.com was told Drake spoke with both Jarrett and Bruce Prichard; the comments that will be seen on tonights show were aimed at Dixie Carter specifically.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/814075-impact-wrestling-star-reportedly-voices-frustrations-over-new-changes-digs-at-past-tna-employees

Gail Kim noted on Twitter that she is not currently under contract with Impact Wrestling.

https://twitter.com/gailkimITSME/status/839130030810759168

Gail hasnt worked a match for the company since she vacated the Knockouts Championship in October because of a back injury. She was backstage at the last set of IMPACT Wrestling tapings and hosted the tapings of Knockouts Knockdown.

She was scheduled to return to the ring this weekend at AIWs Girls Night Out on Saturday however she has since been replaced with Rebel due to her not being cleared to wrestle yet. She will still appear on the show as a special guest referee as Rebel takes on Britt Baker.

http://squaredcirclesirens.com/gail-kim-update/

Anyways...the Eli Drake confronting Jarrett (in real life) story is quite interesting.

I am too because while I didn't read what new sites said about the show. I thought overall the show was weak. If someone who hasn't watch impact for a while came in it probably wouldn't have been as bad.

They could have ended both Marie and the Hardys exit better. They could have said she was fired due to either impersonating an official or power abuse. If someone hacked Vanguard 1 make let the DCC. The guys with the hacker gimmick. At least I think that is their gimmick. No one seems to really know what they are.

I approve of new knockouts and tag teams.

I like and hate things about Josh character but too much focus on gimmick takes away from match. Josh also change from he better then people in the WWE to his is better because he spent time in WWE.

Disliked how TNA shows we use to have all these guys that are either doing great in the WWE now or are in the WWE HOF. We had some for 10 plus years too and poorly booked them to former WWE. We have learn from it of Alberto you get a day one championship shot.

And I have never been a fan of Alberto he always seems over pushed to me. I hear of WWE just didn't build him right he is so great on the mic in the independent scene. He comes to TNA and does the same promo with calling people dogs, requesting title matches, and using DB's converted Yes chant.

I know they are still in a transition period so it will probably get better but for all who missed it. Billy Corgan era of TNA wasn't that bad.

Probably for the best if Hardys don't bring along Reby if they sign to the WWE.

Seems like she is mad that TNA is suing or something...its not helping their case that Reby is going on a rant on social media. It could just give Jarrett and those peeps more ammo.

Read that Impact has proven they have some ownership over the Broken character or something. Makes me wonder if this screws up Hardys gimmick for the upcoming ROH shows until it gets settled out in court.

Also, TNA should've let Awesome Kong finish the job on the UK tour. Kind of saved Reby's ass.(not defending TNA, just a joke, legit situation though)

Earlier this year, Angelina Love made her return to Impact Wrestling alongside her husband Davey Richards. Since coming together onscreen, the “Natural Born Killers” have struck a personal feud with Davey’s former tag team partner Eddie Edwards and his wife Alisha.

In a short documentary with Qwality TV, the couple open up about their return to Impact, the opportunity of working and thoughts on the current Knockouts division. Highlights of Angelina’s interview below:

On her ten year stand with Impact Wrestling: “I was really able to have an opportunity to make a name for myself in TNA doing the Beautiful People, setting the record for winning the Knockouts Championship six-times and I’ve actually had a very long career there. I’m going to be entering 10 years close to the end of this year. It’s a very big thing for me to have been able to travel the world, win the championships that I’ve won and done what I’ve done because I just grabbed the ball, not that I was even given the ball. I grabbed the ball and ran with it.”

On working alongside Davey on television: “It was a wonderful opportunity. I’ve pretty much done everything in TNA, being everything and this is actually an opportunity to do something that I haven’t done before but always wanted to do. A wonderful opportunity for myself, my husband, for our family. It would be really fun if we could take the ball and run with it, which I love to do. It was going to be something that we really enjoyed and that we could make bigger than anything we’ve done yet.”

Her message to the current Knockouts division: “If they aren’t already on their toes, they better be. You know, I helped start this division back at the end of 2007. I’m still around and still pioneering, still ruling the ring and there’s a lot of new girls that come in that really need to watch themselves. They can learn a lot too but you got to be able to keep up with me. I don’t go down to anybody’s level, you have to bring yourself up to my level. So everyone needs to be prepared, everyone needs to watch and need to work really hard. Harder than they’ve ever worked before and learn.”

The couple also discuss parenthood, how they’ve coped with Dave’s injury and their inspirations.

Watch the full video below:

http://www.diva-dirt.com/131811/angelina-love-talks-impact-wrestling-return/

Archived