Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anthems Ed Nordholm revealed on Twitter that Rachael Ellering, who has been recently used as a WWE NXT enhancement talent, will be working this weeks TNA Impact Wrestling tapings. Rachael is the daughter of WWE Hall of Famer Paul Ellering, who manages NXT Tag Team Champions The Authors of Pain. Nordholm wrote the following, indicating Ellering has signed:

https://twitter.com/EdNordholm/status/837401206553198592

http://www.dailywrestlingnews.com/wwe-nxt-talent-to-tna-more-on-the-new-tna-logo-ethan-carter-iii-josh-mathews/

Big name at IMPACT tapings:

Ex-WWE star Alberto El Patron is officially locked down to a deal with Impact Wrestling and he made a big splash during his debut at Thursday nights TV taping.

Sources tell us the two sides recently finalized a deal and, although the terms are still unknown, we imagine its similar to what Broken Matt and Jeff Hardy recently turned down.

Alberto made his first Impact appearance by coming face-to-face with Bobby Lashley during an in-ring segment, and later on in the night he defeated the TNA World Champion for gold albeit in controversial fashion. Plus, his WWE Superstar fiancee Paige was backstage as well.

Hiring the man formerly known as Alberto Del Rio is interesting, since the past few months have been tumultuous for him. Hes been involved in incidents like getting stabbed outside of a restaurant, being arrested in Austria over a bar fight and beating up a guy dressed as a Ninja Turtle.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/alberto-el-patron-impact-contract/#.WLkv4RIrJE4?platform=hootsuite

Details on the direction of IMPACT:

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Prichard is only coming in as a television character, and will continue his podcasts. As previously reported, Prichard got the job because of how strong his podcast numbers were and Jeff Jarrett is hoping that his podcast listeners would start watching Impact.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/new-details-on-bruce-prichards-role-with-impact-wrestling/

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Jeff Jarretts big marketing idea is Lets Make TNA Great Again. The idea is to present the good old days of TNA when Jarrett was in charge, and that since he was gone, things went off the rails. While they wont mention her by name, they will be burying the Dixie Carter regime on TV.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/details-on-impacts-new-marketing-plan/

No offense but the Good Ol' Days of TNA (The early years with Jarrett in charge in which they only aired on PPV every Wednesday Night) sucked. The days we got of Ken Shamrock, Jarrett and Ron The Truth Killings hotshotting the NWA-TNA Title every damn week. I hated that.

TNA's best time was like...2006/2007. That's when they truly had a show that was unique and interesting...with a whole bunch of great talents that felt like they were "their own".

That said...of course I still want them do succeed. Del Rio might be a good start...but only time will tell. If they can grab up some guys like Del Rio and Swagger, I might give them a shot. None of their current homegrown talent is worth much to me. I find myself not caring...so, while I would normally say they should use what they have...in this case, I'm saying they shouldn't. They should get some better talents.

Another Major Star Almost Returned At Impact Taping Last Night

PWInsider reports that Bubba Ray Dudley, who was a top star in TNA as Bully Ray, almost returned to the promotion last night at the Impact taping. He was offered a big-money deal and a top spot in the company, and would have faced Lashley for the title at the taping last night. Both sides were close to a deal, but it didn’t work out and so Impact then reached out to Alberto El Patron on Wednesday night and came to terms with him.

Impact also apparently reached out to another name to fill the role that was offered to Dudley and ultimately given to Alberto, but it isn’t known at this time who that name is. It was reported earlier by Dave Meltzer that another major name may appear at tonight’s Impact taping.

Alberto of course ended up winning the Impact Championship at the taping last night.

Funny enough, Impact Wrestling went to great lengths to prevent the news of Alberto’s return from leaking, going as far as to hide him while he was in transit, but that was all spoiled when Anthem’s Ed Nordholm tweeted out a photo of Alberto and Jarrett together in the ring before the taping even started.

Drew Galloway was originally set to win the title last night but he of course left the company.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/another-major-star-almost-returned-at-impact-taping-last-night-spoilers/

Returning Star Identity Revealed

Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned the identity of the wrestler donning the Suicide costume at Impact Wrestlings recent TV taping and it was someone already on the roster.

Multiple sources tell us the man under the mask was Caleb Konley, who signed with the company in April of 2016 but hasnt been used much on TV since.

Wrestlers whove worn the costume include TJ Perkins, Christopher Daniels and Kazarian.

As we previously reported the masked character wasnt the only person from Impacts past who returned Konnan and Homicide reformed LAX and Karen Jarret had an in-ring segment.

Suicide wrestled in two matches and lost both.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/suicide-wrestler-mask-impact/#.WLqIMBIrJE4?platform=hootsuite

Whatever happened to Tomko always thought he was a good talent

Apparently he's a physical trainer at a gym that he owns.

Anyway...when I was checking his wikipedia page, I saw the following...

The pharmacist then gave three bottles of oxycodone to Tomko, who took them and walked out the door, the report said. Tomko then went to a nearby Chili's restaurant, where he allegedly injected 178 "crushed up and melted down" oxycodone pills into his system while spending 30–40 minutes in the restroom.[18] Deputies arrested Tomko later the next day. Tomko posted bail on October 20 and entered a WWE-sponsored rehab.[19]

Was it supposed to say 17-18? I don't see how 178 could ever be right. Even 17 or 18 would be a ridiculous number. Can someone really take 178 *censored*ing oxy pills and still be alive? Admittedly I don't know anything about melting shit down like that...but, Jesus Christmas...

NXT Prospects Work ‘ONO’ PPV Taping

Several former NXT prospects worked the Impact Wrestling “One Night Only” pay-per-view taping in Orlando on Saturday afternoon. The show featured a theme where future prospects were in action against full-time Knockouts, and the winners would face off in the main event.

Second generation wrestler Santana Garrett, who has worked multiple matches for NXT, was in action against Brandi Rhodes. Leva Bates, who NXT fans may remember as the accidentally popular “Blue Pants” character, also worked a match against Allie. Rachael Ellering, the daughter of wrestling legend and current NXT manager Paul Ellering, competed against Laurel Van Ness.

At the end of the taping, Alisha Edwards (who is married to Eddie Edwards) was offered a contract, and is now an official part of the full-time Impact Knockouts roster.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/812173-matt-morgan-continues-to-tease-his-in-ring-return-photo-former-nxt-stars-work-one-night-only-taping-new-knockout-offered-contract

Archived