Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

– Here is the latest on Billy Corgan trying to buy TNA. As of this writing, TNA is owned by Dixie Carter, Corgan and Aroluxe. Corgan and Aroluxe got their percentages because they funded recent TV tapings. Dixie Carter reportedly still owns 70% of the company, but Corgan was able to get control and the Presidency of the company as part of the deal for him putting recent money in. Aroluxe didn’t raise enough money by the end of August to buy the company, which many thought they were going to do. Corgan and his investors are working on putting together a deal to purchase the company.

Dixie Carter reportedly wants $4 million for her shares of the company. The feeling is that the deal needs to go through because the company needs an infusion of cash to fund the post Bound for Glory, which will cost between $600,000 and $800,000. That taping will take them through the end of November.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/update-on-billy-corgan-trying-to-buy-tna/

Related:

TNA President Billy Corgan posted the following video on Facebook, responding to reports (not sure where these may have originated) that he was lining up investors to buy TNA, stating that he was using his own money to attempt to purchase the company and has been using his own money to invest thus far into the process. You can watch the complete embedded video below:

https://www.facebook.com/smashingpumpkins/videos/10154612473287642/

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=104740

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually thought the empty arena match was kind of decent. Better than I thought, tbh. I wouldn't say it was good or anything...but it was better than I thought. Only thing that really irked me, was how they kept saying that they had to remove the fans from the arena.

Just say that you shot it the day before.

There's really no way that a paying audience would ever be fully removed from an arena before a match. That's just stupid. Especially in the middle of the show. Could maybe get away with that at the start of the show, before the fans were let in, or at the end of the show, if you told them the show was over. But...in the middle of the show? No. Stupid angle. Very hard to suspend my disbelief on that one.

Lol didn't even hear that part. Maybe it was because I was falling asleep while watching it but I remember it being slow. Not to mention that it ended in a pretty basic and boring way. Like the spot the week before where Spud did a bit of a Curbstomp was cooler than the basic Irish WhIp.

Last night's episode was good. Liked the Hardy lake segment and the KOs segment the most. Bound For Glory should be interesting. Lashley vs EC3 should be great, as should Decay vs. Broken Hardys II. Random question, but will Maria even be cleared to wrestle at BFG since she still has the cast on her arm? Also, should be interesting to see if Gail gets another KO title run since she's going into the Hall of Fame. I, personally, think that she will.

Lol didn't even hear that part. Maybe it was because I was falling asleep while watching it but I remember it being slow. Not to mention that it ended in a pretty basic and boring way. Like the spot the week before where Spud did a bit of a Curbstomp was cooler than the basic Irish WhIp.

Yeah...they said it a few times. Said the fight was going to be "too violent" for the live audience, and the TNA officials had all the fans removed to "spare them the graphic violence". Because...apparently wrestling fans didn't pay to attend a show where people fight. Lmao.

Yeah...they said it a few times. Said the fight was going to be "too violent" for the live audience, and the TNA officials had all the fans removed to "spare them the graphic violence". Because...apparently wrestling fans didn't pay to attend a show where people fight. Lmao.

Well, they didn't pay to go to the show, they paid to go to universal.

Archived