Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

The broken Hardy stuff is great...but I don't think it would be, if TNA wasn't such a garbage fire. If they tried to do that in WWE or anywhere else, it would be ass...but it works in TNA, because the company has done so much cringy shit in the past. Just goes above and beyond anything we've seen before, and it works for that reason. This is how TNA succeeds...by accepting what it has become, and embracing the complete ridiculousness of it all.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The broken Hardy stuff is great...but I don't think it would be, if TNA wasn't such a garbage fire. If they tried to do that in WWE or anywhere else, it would be ass...but it works in TNA, because the company has done so much cringy shit in the past. Just goes above and beyond anything we've seen before, and it works for that reason. This is how TNA succeeds...by accepting what it has become, and embracing the complete ridiculousness of it all.

This. I hope TNA keeps going in the satirical comedy direction. They're just doing what they've always done, but the difference is that now they're self aware and it's awesome. They do a good job of poking fun at themselves and the business as a whole. It's still just wrestling but it feels more like something you'd watch on Adult Swim than the USA Network.

It'll be interesting to see what happens now that Dixie has been DELETED.

So i've been hearing (including from Crowley) that TNA has been much better since the new president took over. Would you guys say its worth finally starting to watch regularly again?

Would you guys say its worth finally starting to watch regularly again?

Yes.

Sometimes I DVR it instead of watching it when it airs...but I always make sure that I watch it each week...and I haven't regretted it since I've started.

Alright, good to know. I can't watch it on my television, but luckily I know a site that uploads shows after they air.

Yes.

Sometimes I DVR it instead of watching it when it airs...but I always make sure that I watch it each week...and I haven't regretted it since I've started.

Alright, good to know. I can't watch it on my television, but luckily I know a site that uploads shows after they air.

slide in my DM's with dat link

Yes.

slide in my DM's with dat link

Me too! Me too!

I unironically enjoy the Hardy stuff but whatever.

On the other hand, I can't stand Lucha Underground because it takes itself too seriously.

Wait what? Show has dragons and spacemen and shit?
I was thinking the same thing. Lucha Underground is so ridiculous that it makes "Broken" Matt normal in comparison.

That isn't a dig though. I love it.

Oh its easily the thing i look forward to most in wrestling, like thats coming back Wednesday on the same night NXT and CWC happen and all I want to see is LU. They did the smart thing and were like we are gonna make the show campy as *Censored*. For all the weird shit like Drago and Aerostar there's awesome stuff to balance it out like the actual encarnation of death and rebirth destroying a warehouse.

News on new TNA signing.

Former WWE Superstar Cody Rhodes is reportedly set to sign with TNA very soon.

Dave Meltzer says he spoke with Cody at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Battle of Los Angeles this past weekend, and learned Cody has a deal in place to work with both TNA and Ring of Honor, without being signed to either.

Cody is reportedly scheduled to work with Mike Bennett in TNA after they worked together in Northeast Wrestling. It also appears as though Brandi Rhodes - formerly known as Eden - will be joining her husband in TNA, and will work a program of her own with Maria Kanellis.

Source: LOP.

Oh well... Good for him and good for people who watch TNA.

News on new TNA signing.

Former WWE Superstar Cody Rhodes is reportedly set to sign with TNA very soon.

Dave Meltzer says he spoke with Cody at Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's Battle of Los Angeles this past weekend, and learned Cody has a deal in place to work with both TNA and Ring of Honor, without being signed to either.

Cody is reportedly scheduled to work with Mike Bennett in TNA after they worked together in Northeast Wrestling. It also appears as though Brandi Rhodes - formerly known as Eden - will be joining her husband in TNA, and will work a program of her own with Maria Kanellis.

Source: LOP.

Oh well... Good for him and good for people who watch TNA.

Someone at LOP clearly didn't read the Meltzer summery that they wrote themselves....

Archived