Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoiler: TNA Introduces New Championship Title

During Saturdays Impact Wrestling Tapings, Billy Corgan introduced a new Impact Grand Championship Title for the promotion.

The Impact Grand Championship will be replacing the King of the Mountain Title. A tournament will be held to crown the first champion. Matches for the the title will have rounds, with judges declaring the winner if they go the distance.

87UBnC6.jpg

https://twitter.com/HazardF5/status/764734664774934528?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Corgan would go on to cut a promo announcing that many changes will be taking place with the company. He even hinted that they may even change the name of TNA to something else. The Impact Zone may also be getting a new look as well.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/misc-news/tna-news/spoiler-tna-introduces-new-championship-title/

That title is hideous.

What is the point of this championship? Such a name suggests that it is nore prestigious than the TNA World Heavyweight Championship...shouldn't this be something that only current champions can compete for? That design though...someone needs to be fired for that.

That would have been much better as a new World title altogether. Wipe away the last remnants of the horrid Bischoff/Hogan era which is what I associate the current title with.

They should bring back that amazing World Title they had after they got rid of the NWA belt.

Seriosuly take away those six blank pieces on it and its pretty great.

Hold on; the other image does show the title as "Grand" champion - why doea the clean image show it as "World"??

The use of this has been poorly conceived; replacing thw KotM title with this is pointless.

The Impact Wrestling Grand Champion should be either a unification of the WHC and the KotM championships, or a higher prize than all the others.

I could see Lashley trashing all the other belts, stating that there is only one highest standard in Impact Wrestling and that is the Grand Championship (notice I'm not using "TNA" in this?).

Contendership should also have the prerequisite of being a champion in Impact Wrestling previously.

That's my alternate idea, anyway.

Hold on; the other image does show the title as "Grand" champion - why doea the clean image show it as "World"??

The use of this has been poorly conceived; replacing thw KotM title with this is pointless.

The Impact Wrestling Grand Champion should be either a unification of the WHC and the KotM championships, or a higher prize than all the others.

I could see Lashley trashing all the other belts, stating that there is only one highest standard in Impact Wrestling and that is the Grand Championship (notice I'm not using "TNA" in this?).

Contendership should also have the prerequisite of being a champion in Impact Wrestling previously.

That's my alternate idea, anyway.

This is what they should have done instead of what they did.

Now that I look at it, it looks like there are screws for removing the plate. Maybe this is a new world championship...but when you win all of the other belts, it becomes the "grand" championship instead? I really don't know. Could be anything with this company. :lol:

Now that I look at it, it looks like there are screws for removing the plate. Maybe this is a new world championship...but when you win all of the other belts, it becomes the "grand" championship instead? I really don't know. Could be anything with this company. :lol:

Ohhhhh, I get it; it's the "Goku" championship - you can reach new levels of power with each match you win ?

Archived