Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moose's debut was kinda cool and I was kinda glad to see the crowd catching onto the "MOOSE!" thing a little bit. Where they got 100K from to give him though, the world may never know.

Was also weird they announced Jeff Hardy in the BFG series, I thought Matt ended his career to make him his servant.

Guest Fight Me.

I heard the $100K offer was false.

And yeah, weird to see Jeff still competing. At least officially change his name to Brother Nero or something.

Moose's debut managed to be both awesome and kind of anti-climatic at the same time. The combination of the mediocre commentary, him slowly making his way to the ring in casual clothes, and the mixed reaction from the audience made the whole thing seem somewhat awkward. But that's exactly what you hope to see when you watch TNA, so I guess that's cool. It even felt a bit like a Russo swerve. They nailed it.

TNA has a really nice collection of heavyweights right now with Galloway, EC3, Moose, and Lashley. All four of those guys are the total package. Not too shabby, TNA. Not too shabby at all. Plus they have arguably the biggest star in all of wrestling, Broken Matt.

Former NFL star turned pro wrestler Quinn "Moose" Ojinnaka, 32, debuted at the end of Impact Wrestling, aligning himself with Mike Bennett to ruin the TNA title vs. title bout between TNA champion Bobby Lashley and X-Division champion Eddie Edwards. Moose had been in discussions for several weeks with TNA. PWInsider.com has confirmed that Moose signed a two year deal that will see him work 110 dates for the company. There had been some interest in him from WWE (which he had at least one tryout for in the past) but the decision was made not to offer him a deal after there was initial interest in having him go through the pre-screening process for a NXT deal. He was kept from the Impact Zone for most of the day and didn't arrive until right before TNA began filming.

The latest Matt Hardy vignettes were filmed yesterday at his home in Cameron, North Carolina. His butler was played by Brad Stutts, the long-time booker of CWF Mid-Atlantic, a great NC-based independent promotion. Rita the servant was played by a close friend of Reby Sky. That, by the way, was Hardy's real theater room - it is awesome and I am quite jealous of it.

The main event for the next week's Thursday Impact Wrestling will be Bobby Lashley vs. Eddie Edwards inside the Six Sides of Steel with the idea that it will prevent interference from Bennett and Moose.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=103312

As seen on Tuesday’s Destination X themed episode of Impact Wrestling, former Ring of Honor wrestler Moose made his debut for the company. It’s being said that his debut was a sure thing after he found out that WWE was no longer interested him after they found out about his past.

Regarding offers, TNA reportedly gave him a better deal than both WWE and ROH. Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports he is making around $75,000 a year for a limited amount of dates (110), however they have exclusive rights to his bookings.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/misc-news/tna-news/how-much-is-tna-paying-moose/

As seen on Tuesday’s Destination X themed episode of Impact Wrestling, former Ring of Honor wrestler Moose made his debut for the company. It’s being said that his debut was a sure thing after he found out that WWE was no longer interested him after they found out about his past.

Regarding offers, TNA reportedly gave him a better deal than both WWE and ROH. Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports he is making around $75,000 a year for a limited amount of dates (110), however they have exclusive rights to his bookings.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/misc-news/tna-news/how-much-is-tna-paying-moose/

That's no chump change but it is a good amount, hopefully he can stay on the correct path and become a huge thing for TNA.

TNA booked Chuck Taylor for an X-Division ONO PPV.

I hope they sign him, I've always wanted him on a bigger stage exposed to a bigger audience.

Moose recently spoke with Sports Illustrateds Extra Mustard, here are the highlights

On Signing With TNA: When I decided to go with TNA, it just happened that the taping was on Tuesday and I signed that day. I didnt know how I was going to be taken by the crowd. I was nervous just because of thatit was a brand new company and you never know how theyre going to take you, but it didnt long at all for the Moose chant to start. I saw everyone doing the fist pump and doing the chant and I said to myself, I guess Im home.

On WWE Showing Interest in Him: I was grateful that WWE had interest in me, said Moose. Well see what happens in the future.

On Leaving Ring of Honor: It was very difficult to leave Ring of Honor, explained Moose. Everybody that knows me personally knows I had a hard time with the decision. One of the reasons I wanted to stay with Ring of Honor was because Im so close with the guys on that roster, and saying goodbye wasnt easy. Leaving was a really hard decision to make, but I have experience with that. In seven years in the NFL, I played on four different teams, so Im used to packing up and going to a new team.

On Lashley: Bobby Lashley can expect a Game Breaker in his future, said Moose. Hes just warming up that title for me to take it. Im not a good guy, Im not a bad guy, Im Moose, said Moose. The paradigm in wrestling has shifted so much. People are saying that me debuting with Mike Bennett makes me a heel. Im just going to be myself. If people want to chant my name, thats great. Im an ass kicker, so its up to the fans on how they want to take me.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/moose-discusses-his-decision-to-leave-roh-signing-with-tna-more/

Full interview: http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/07/20/wwe-draft-moose-debut-tna-jushin-thunder-liger

Guest Fight Me.

I don't think Chelsea's debuted yet, doubt they'd wanna waste it on a segment like this.

Also, Vanguard 1 is *censored*ing cool. But where the *Censored* is Señor Benjamin?

Guest Fight Me.

Lashley joins the likes of X-Division all-time greats like Kurt Angle and Abyss.

I guess DJZ is gonna have to dethrone him, somehow, someway.

Jeff Hardy was telling people over his weekend that his contract with TNA Wrestling expires in February. He has made it very clear in several interviews that hed go back to WWE if they wanted him back.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/misc-news/tna-news/jeff-hardy-headed-back-to-wwe-next-year/

Archived