Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get how anyone doesn't love this. Especially a guy that works with LU where they have literal dragons and time travelling spacemen.

Maybe he sees The Final Deletion as a parody of Lucha Underground. I think LU was definitely one of the Hardy's inspirations, and maybe they were poking fun at them a bit. But a producer for LU should take that as a compliment. At least it was a GREAT parody. The way I see it, this is kind of a fourth wall breaking storyline about how the washed up, drugged out Hardy brothers are trying to create an artsy, cinematic wrestling project. LU is the real life version of what those fictional characters were attempting to create, except actually successful. I'm surprised he can't appreciate that. They're probably my two favorite things going on in wrestling for totally different reasons.

It's a shame these companies can't get along. I'd like to see some sort of collaboration. It doesn't have to be the played out invasion storyline either. I'm sure the LU writers could come up with something much more original.

One of the worst things I've ever seen in wrestling. An embarrassment. David Arquette's World Title win was easier to swallow. Nothing "unique" or "original' about it, just an absolute joke.

if it is the worst thing you ever saw, it's "unique" and "original" by default.

Not at all. They've taken WCW's poorly received mini movies from the '90s, added inspiration from Lucha Underground and created a poorly shot, poorly written spectacle that may be the ultimate piece of Wrestlecrap. It's hard for TNA to look anything but low rent, but this was cheap shit.

Lucha Underground executive producer Eric Van Wagenen was not a fan of “The Final Deletion” … something he made clear after it aired by bashing TNA Wrestling‘s creative team.

Van Wagenen tweeted, “Execution is everything… sorry guys, nice try. This is @IMPACTWRESTLING creative right about now…” and included a Boogie Nights GIF showing Philip Seymour Hoffman’s character saying, “I’m a f**king idiot.”

TNA employee Jeremy Borash beautifully hit back with a tongue in cheek reply though … saying, “Best of luck to you and everyone at LU! I hope to check it out when my cable system gets @Elreynetwork. Hear it’s great!”

Eric eventually backtracked a little bit, admitting that he understands the whole thing was just supposed to be fun. He also said he hopes TNA wasn’t trying to emulate Lucha Underground.

Not all had negative things to say either … in fact, it was quite the opposite. That match received positive feedback from big names in wrestling like Mick Foley, Chris Jericho and Gabe Sapolsky.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/final-deletion-lucha-underground-shade/?platform=hootsuite

Archived