Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fight Me.

It's just so funny that they couldn't afford a new belt so they recycled the Legends/Global/Television Championship. :lol:

Guest Fight Me.

And Eric Young won all of them

btw...has Tyrus gotten his World Championship match yet?

Yeah, I believe he finally and unsuccessfully used it last week.

Guest Fight Me.

What does Tyrus do in TNA? Last time I watched he was a bodyguard for EC3.

Now he bodyguards the Matt Hardy Brand (Matt Hardy, Ruby Sky, Rockstar Spud and Maxel Hardy). :lol:

Okay so I know I'm about a million years late on this but I finally watched Knockouts Knockdown today and had some comments (I also love women's wrestling too much that I can't not say something about it).

First of all, Rosemary vs. Veda Scott was excellent. Rosemary's character is something very unique in women's wrestling. I would like to see an interaction/match between her and Melissa Anderson's character in Lucha Underground Mariposa. Veda was also top notch in her in-ring promo before the match. Really liked the execution of pretty much every aspect of this segment.

Mia Yim (Jade) and Leva Bates put on another really good match to add to their history together. It's amazing to see chemistry like that in pro wrestling.

Deonna Purrazzo continues to be one of the shining stars of women's wrestling. Her character during even this one night show was very, very good. She portrayed some bipolar aspects to it that was intriguing to me during her match with Madison Rayne. I also love that because she wrestles everywhere she can try new things with character and this is something I haven't seen before from her.

And Gabi (Raquel). This was the first time I had seen her in a full match post-Tough-Enough and I have to say I admire her commitment to pro wrestling. She wasn't someone who I liked very much on TE but she was pulling off moves that I wouldn't have expected from her and was even kind of impressive. Clearly this is something that she is taking to heart as she is getting trained by the likes of Santana Garrett. Might have to keep an eye on her as she is an inspiring story.

As noted, there is no 11:30am TNA Impact Wrestling replay scheduled on POP TV tomorrow morning. PWInsider has confirmed that the network dropped the replay.

The original idea behind moving the replay from Tuesdays to Saturday mornings, which happened just over a month ago, was to see if TNA could build an audience in that timeslot, potentially to air a second TNA series.

The decision to drop the replay was made a few weeks ago. After the first few Saturday morning viewerships, the decision was made to push the Tuesday night airing as the main source for Impact Wrestling.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0513/611716/backstage-news-on-why-pop-tv-has-dropped-the-tna-impact-replay/

TNA is currently behind on pay with their production crew, with some workers being owed money from as far back as March and January.

If you recall, there were several reports of late pay in the last year, including the company owing Bobby Roode and Eric Young over six-figures. There’s belief within the company that Aroluxe Marketing has been loaning TNA money so they could continue taping Impact Wrestling. PWTorch.com claims some TNA production staff have been told they will be replaced at next month’s taping.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/misc-news/tna-news/tna-behind-on-paying-production-crew-again/

In regards to rumors of TNA being behind on pay to production workers, Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that the company is behind once again but not as far behind as they have been in the past. TNA's financial issues continue and they are likely low on cash again.

At the last set of Impact Wrestling tapings in late April, there were some workers paid in full but some workers not paid at all. There was an issue with paychecks as some were there and some were not. TNA blamed it on a snafu and told the workers that all checks would be mailed out the next day, Monday, April 25th. As of this weekend, the workers who were not paid at the tapings still have not received their checks.

This is not the first time TNA has fallen behind on pay to production workers. It will be interesting to see what happens as they head into the June tapings with the Slammiversary pay-per-view.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0515/611770/backstage-news-on-tna-being-behind-on-pay-again/

Dave Meltzer recently noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that while TNA is behind on pay they are not as far behind as they have been in the past. There are still financial issues with TNA and it is likely that the company is low on cash at the moment.

In April at the last set of Impact Wrestling tapings some of the workers were paid in full but others were not paid at all. TNA is said to be placing the blame on some kind of a snafu and claimed that the checks for the unpaid workers would be in the mail the next day, April 25th. There are still workers who have not been paid and no check has been mailed to them.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/708981-update-on-tna-being-behind-on-paying-employees-has-seth-rollins-returned-to-the-wwe-performance-center

Damn, I wish the crowds didn't suck so bad in the Impact Zone. Some of these matches deserve a decent fan reaction. At least Full Sail caught on, it took time but they caught on.

INDY SPOTS

I love how they gave all these feuds some shine in the Main Event. Its over booked in a reasonable way.

Archived