Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

Former TNA Knockouts champion Awesome Kong was sent home from the current UK tour on the first day following a locker room incident with Reby Sky, PWInsider.com has learned.

According to multiple sources, Kong took issue with Sky attempting to dress in the women's locker room and threw Sky's bag out of the room. Sky had not dressed in the women's locker room at the Bethlehem, PA tapings as we are are told she dressed separately at those tapings. The UK tour was the first time Sky dressed in the women's locker room.

The back story here appears to come from, of all things, social media and shoot interviews. In 2013, Kong made reference to Sky on a www.KayfabeCommentaries.com "Youshoot" DVD where she knocked Sky during a segment called "The Ho Bag." Kong's statements were apparently a receipt for Sky, earlier that year, going on Twitter in reference to Sid Vicious no showing an independent date, which Sky spoke out about. Sky would shoot then back online in a public Q&A forum when asked about Kong knocking her, writing, "Not aware of this, if it is true. Doesn’t make much sense, as I don’t know her on a really personal level & we have been nothing but nice to each other in passing at shows. We’ve actually texted back & forth a few times, so if she now has a problem with me, I can only attribute it to one thing/person. Fake as f**k to be nice to my face & talk s**t to a camera if its true, but no shocker there. That’s 99% of the women in this business anyway. Next."

So, while the entire back and forth happened years ago and was likely forgotten by everyone except the principals, it appears to have been the root cause of what sent Kong off and might explain what she was demanding an apology for.

We are told Sky left the room (likely to speak to someone in TNA management) and when she returned to retrieve her things, Kong went after her for "not apologizing."

There are two versions making the rounds as to what happened next. One is that Kong tried to go after Sky but was stopped. The second version, which we've heard from FAR more people, is that Kong throttled Sky around the neck and assaulted her, before security and TNA Producer Pat Kenney restrained Kong.

What makes the entire situation worse is that Reby and Matt Hardy's son was right in the vicinity of the incident we are told.

The incident led to Kong being sent home by TNA. What this means for her long-term status with the company is probably undecided as of this writing.

Kong departed TNA in 2010 after assaulting shock DJ Bubba the Love Sponge (at the time, working as a backstage interviewer for the company through his connection to Hulk Hogan) after Bubba made derogatory remarks about Haiti following a major Earthquake there. She went to WWE for a short run as Kharma and returned to TNA in early 2015.

PWInsider has reached out to TNA for comment.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/99384/updated-tna-star-sent-home-after-locker-room-incident.html?p=1

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How classy of Kong. Even if Reby Sky is a complete b*tch, why shouldn't she be allowed to change in the same dressing room as all the ladies?

Talk about holding a grudge; the original incident didn't even involve her but she decided to blast Reby and involve herself.

TNA Wrestling says they’ve sent Awesome Kong home from their tour of the United Kingdom following a backstage altercation with Matt Hardy‘s wife Reby Sky.

TNA Wrestling tells Pro Wrestling Sheet, “Prior to the IMPACT WRESTLING TV taping at the Manchester Arena, Kia Stevens (Awesome Kong) was involved in an incident involving Rebecca Hardy (Reby Sky). Subsequently, Kia was removed from the tour and returned to the United States. The matter is being reviewed to determine if any additional disciplinary action will be taken.”

At this point, it’s unclear what needs to be investigated before they decide to take action.

PWInsider first broke the story, and sources confirm that Kong took issue with Reby dressing in the female locker room, so she tossed her bag into the hallway. We’re told Matt’s wife attempted to retrieve items left in the locker room for her newborn baby, but Kia blocked her from coming inside.

According to sources, Sky called the female wrestler a “f**king maniac” and it set Kong off.

We reached out to rep for Awesome Kong. So far, no word back.

http://prowrestlingsheet.com/awesome-kong-fight-reby-hardy-backstage-tna/

Possible spoilers regarding TNA's UK tapings:

Kurt Angle's farewell tour almost ended with the first Night of the TNA tour. Angle looked to be in bad shape after his match with Drew Galloway and there was a fear, especially in the first half hour after their match in Manchester that he had suffered a concussion. Angle began feeling a lot better about 35 minutes after the match and was checked and cleared by a doctor before being allowed to compete last night against Bobby Roode. He is finishing his TNA contract with a match against Bobby Lashley tonight in Birmingham. If anyone is attending the taping tonight, we are seeking live spoiler reports.

According to talents on the tour, Awesome Kong absolutely physically got to Reby Sky as I was told you could see marks around her throat and around the back of her neck if she lifted her hair.

Sky, by the way, has indeed officially signed with TNA.

Mark Andrews got dinged up yesterday after a shot to the head during a tag match and there was fear he was hurt as well but he later noted on Twitter that he was OK.

Rafael Morfi, who was a major executive on live touring side of WWE before working for TNA a few years ago, worked as UK tour manager for this swing.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/99413/tna-dodges-bullet-during-uk-tour-new-signing-and-more-notes.html?p=1

As we noted yesterday on PWInsider.com, Davey Richards suffered what appears to be a bad knee injury on the UK tour final for TNA in Birmingham.

Richards noted on Facebook that he was looking at surgery when he returned to the United States but wouldn't be getting looked at immediately as he was heading right back to college for an exam when he landed Stateside in St. Louis, where he resides.

The early belief is he tore his meniscus.

PWInsider.com will have additional details as we can confirm them.

We wish Richards a speedy and painless recovery.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/99428/davey-richards-injury-update.html?p=1

Guest Fight Me.

Wait, why's Tigre Uno vs. Shane Helms tonight? I thought they would've saved that for a PPV/special after all the teasing for months, unless some shenanigans happen tonight.

So I've kind of been neglecting TNA for a while. I just saw a clip of The Decay. What's their deal? And how the hell can TNA afford the rights to a real Marilyn Manson song!? Seems pretty damn cool.

I've also been hearing good things about Matt Hardy. Is he feuding with EC3? Ever since I first saw him as Derrick Bateman, I thought he had the potential to become a popular lead babyface character. He was an outstanding heel. Did he turn yet? Has it been a success?

Guest Fight Me.

So I've kind of been neglecting TNA for a while. I just saw a clip of The Decay. What's their deal? And how the hell can TNA afford the rights to a real Marilyn Manson song!? Seems pretty damn cool.

I've also been hearing good things about Matt Hardy. Is he feuding with EC3? Ever since I first saw him as Derrick Bateman, I thought he had the potential to become a popular lead babyface character. He was an outstanding heel. Did he turn yet? Has it been a success?

Haven't seen much of the Decay to form an opinion, they've only been around for about 2 weeks. But definitely better than the silly clown Crazzy Steve was in the Menagerie. Also, Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins works for TNA so it's been a lot easier for them to get music like that. They also got "Doll Parts" by Hole for the Dollhouse.

Also, Matt Hardy's Iconic gimmick is pretty cool. Just as good as it was in ROH. And I'm assuming EC3 is face now, but he hasn't really done anything since losing the title expect that sit-down interview.

Okay. Well they seem cheesy, but look like a huge step up from the Menagerie. The music alone makes them more interesting. If Billy Corgan is able to get more licensed music for the wrestlers, I might have to start watching TNA religiously again. I'm a big music fan and the entrance themes are one of the little things that I think makes indie wrestling feel more special than the stuff on TV. Take Grado for example. Without Like a Prayer, he's just not the same. Guys like Jimmy Jacobs and Homicide always had great entrances that added a lot of depth to their characters. The music in ECW played a big part in making the show great. If Corgan can get more recognizable music and capture that feeling you get when Sandman comes out to Enter Sandman, I think it would improve the overall quality of the show. This is just the opinion of a music fan though. I always thought that music and wrestling go hand-in-hand.

Okay. Well they seem cheesy, but look like a huge step up from the Menagerie. The music alone makes them more interesting. If Billy Corgan is able to get more licensed music for the wrestlers, I might have to start watching TNA religiously again. I'm a big music fan and the entrance themes are one of the little things that I think makes indie wrestling feel more special than the stuff on TV. Take Grado for example. Without Like a Prayer, he's just not the same. Guys like Jimmy Jacobs and Homicide always had great entrances that added a lot of depth to their characters. The music in ECW played a big part in making the show great. If Corgan can get more recognizable music and capture that feeling you get when Sandman comes out to Enter Sandman, I think it would improve the overall quality of the show. This is just the opinion of a music fan though. I always thought that music and wrestling go hand-in-hand.

100% agree as far as the music and entrances go. I always loved seeing the entrances of guys in ROH, before the HDNet deal, where the music would build before the guy would come through the curtain. Stuff like hearing Nigel McGuinness's theme play through the London Bridge intro before he came out. Or Austin Aries coming out to "Personal Jesus". Infinitely cooler than any other theme he would get in TNA. Or the obvious one of letting "Final Countdown" play for a good 30 seconds to a minute (maybe more) before Bryan Danielson entered. I always felt like those longer entrance builds made each of the wrestlers look like a big deal, and also made the matches feel important. Gave that "Big fight feel" especially in title matches

It was noted last week that Davey Richards suffered a knee injury at the Impact Wrestling tapings in Birmingham, GB. TNA announced that he underwent an MRI, and the initial diagnosis was a “meniscus issue.”

Regarding the injury, Dave Meltzer noted that the injury was worse than expected and he will be out of action for a while.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/misc-news/tna-news/davey-richards-not-returning-anytime-soon/

Archived