Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As noted by Wrestling Rumors last week, the TNA and Global Force Wrestling invasion angle officially kicked off on IMPACT WRESTLING this past week, with GFW head honcho Jeff Jarrett bringing a plethora of his talent into the IMPACT Zone. And now, former TNA World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Hardy is advertised for a Global Force Wrestling event in North Carolina.

The tapings for the program also saw the return of Hardy, as he recovered from a major leg injury that left him sidelined for a few months. And now, a press release from Jarretts promotion has advertised Hardy appearing for GFW.

The release reads as followed:

Former WWE and TNA World Heavyweight Champion Jeff Hardy will be making a SPECIAL VIP APPEARANCE when the #GFWGrandSlamTour heads to Winston-Salem, NC at BB&T Ballpark, the home of the Winston-Salem Dash.

Other names confirmed for Winston-Salem include: The Killer Elite Squad (Lance Hoyt and Davey Boy Smith, Jr.) and Tessa Blanchard, the daughter of the founding member of the Four Horseman Tully Blanchard. More talent will be announced soon.

It is unknown whether Hardy will physically perform for GFW, as that has been the case for several TNA talent thus far. Names like Bobby Roode and Eric Young have been present within the GFW realm, and it is seemingly possible that there is a sort of talent exchange going on between the two brands.

Last month, Jarrett opened up about his brands new television tapings, and noted there was a possibility both GFW and TNA could combine for co-branded programming going forward. With rumors of IMPACTs impending cancellation on Destination America, it is possible there will be more collaboration between the two sides going forward, despite how the actual angle plays out on television in the coming months.

http://www.wrestlingrumors.net/jeff-hardy-is-advertised-for-a-global-force-wrestling-event-in-north-carolina/38017/

Guest Fight Me.

I think Masters shouldve one instead of Gabriel. I feel like hes better in the X-Division.

I think Masters is a heel so him vs. EC3 wouldn't have made any sense (regardless whether it's GFW vs. TNA or not). But yeah, who would've thought 7 months ago that PJ Black would get a world title shot anywhere? Lol

It was nice to see them though, as well as Brian Myers and Trevor Lee. Wish Lee had more of a chance to showcase what he could do though, the guy is talented af.

Guest Fight Me.

Yeah, his heel work with World Elite and The Band years back sucked, but this time around he's so great. You almost forget he was a comedy character most of his career.

Guest Fight Me.

PJ Black's theme is dope af

I sorta got the vibe they wanted to make it sound like David Otunga's theme, which was originally Gabriel's before the New Nexus stole it from him lol.

Guest Fight Me.

Well, somehow they have the money to start doing house shows again.

That's good. I wonder though if they'll still allow their roster to take indy bookings on days off.

I really liked the gimmick match they did with Anderson's mic. I'm surprised TNA or WWE have never done that before with him.

Also, they should've left Khoya's name alone, his real name is kinda hard to spell or remember. And I'm not sure what to think about the dance. How did the crowd know it already before he started doing it? :lol:

According to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter, TNA is making tentative plans to run live events in India later in 2015. The deal is not finalized as of yet, but the Observer says the plan is to tape TV in India which will bebuilt around Mahabili Sheera as the conquering hero.

The talents haven't been given any official word, and as of now they only know of the dates that TNA Wrestling recently announced surrounding Bound For Glory. While TNA wrestlers are allowed to take other bookings, they have to cancel if TNA needs them.

TNA formerly ran the Ring Ka King show in India, which saw several of their talents.

http://ow.ly/32YYJx

This is not the first time TNA has been linked with other companies from India.

Archived