Official Impact Show Discussion Thread

Ernez

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As we noted last week, TNA made a big money offer to former WWE star Alberto Del Rio, as they wanted him to appear on the live Impact Wrestling debut on Destination America.

When that deal did not work out, PWInsider.com reports TNA reached out to WWE Hall of Famer Edge, who appeared on WWE TV just one week before.

The talks between Edge and TNA were said never to be serious, as the two sides did not discuss money or anything of that nature. The situation was described more as TNA putting out the feelers, and the fish didnt bite.

TNA reportedly wanted Edge to fill the position of the on-air authority figure of Impact Wrestling, as Kurt Angle recently quit the position and returned to in-ring competition.

Source: WrestleZone

If this report is true, I don't think Edge would ever turn his back on WWE. No matter how much money you offer him.

Finally got around to watching TNA for the first time in a while. Skimmed through most of it, and saw Lashley vs. Roode for the title. The last few minutes of the show reminded me of why I stopped watching in the first place. It's pretty clear that TNA has some sort of fetish for creating stables and shit. Jesus. :facepalm:

Guest Fight Me.

Did anyone watch Unlocked?

I like what Destination America has done for TNA so far. The ads during Raw and Smackdown's commercial breaks, the marathons before the live show, a replay right after the show, and even after Unlocked they aired a special of their best matches.

I actually kinda like the new TNA. I caught my first Destination America episode last week, and while it's noticeably cheap (the dim lighting, the fact they no longer have an actual play-by-play booth), I kinda like it. It's reminiscent of ROH's early weekly programming on HDNet. And I don't know what the hell went on as I've been out of the wrestling loop for a while, I like the Revolution, & BDK is growing on me.

Archived