PS4/X1 Hardware Question

Astro Zombie

I realize what posting something like this will probably lead to, but hopefully I'm wrong and I can get some legit answers that aren't biased by personal opinions.

I've been looking at both PS4 and XBox One trying to decide which would be the better console for me. I haven't done a lot of research but I've just got a few questions about the hardware inside the consoles. I found a comparison chart on IGN (Linked below) and I'm curious as to which console has the better RAM (and if, CPU, GPU, and what exactly the specifics of the Hard Drive mean (The chart says X1 has a 500GB Hard Drive, and PS4 has a 500 GB 5400 RPM SATA II Hard Drive). I really have no idea what any of these really mean so any help would be appreciated. Also another question that I could probably easily find on my own, but are the consoles safe to buy in the near future? Are there any major/console killing hardware issues that could be fixed in a new release in the future? (The best example I could think of is the RROD and the Jasper chip Xbox that was eventually released, though it doesn't have to be that serious). Again, Please don't turn this into a console war.

Chart mentioned above for reference: http://ca.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs._Xbox_One_vs._Wii_U_Comparison_Chart#Hardware_Feature_Comparison

I believe the PS4 marginally inches it on performance but it's to the point where it's hardly noticeable. Devs are finding it easier to max resolution on PS4. If I could advise you in any way, you should take into account console exclusives, what your mates are playing on and what controller you prefer.

I think that, statistically, the PS4 is a tiny bit better. But honestly, practically, they have pretty much the same potential and you can choose whatever you like better. But practically, from experience, I can tell you that the PS4 is a lot smoother and seems much more finished than the One. Almost everything happens faster, smoother and the whole console is layed out better, really. The dashboard thingy is a mess on the Xbox. The 360 was far superior overall over the PS3 imo but the PS4 definitely outclasses the X1 this time around.

I have a question about the share button on PS4. After the 15 mins do I have to press it again to save it or will it save after it passes 15 mins since I lose track of time

If you record for 15 minutes, it shuts off by itself and I think it saves then as well. If you want to end it prematurely, you have to click record once (only once, that's important) and then save it.

Archived