Scottish Independence

Undercard Jamoke

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland become an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

I was pleased to wake up to find that Scotland remains part of the United Kingdom.

As for the mention of independence for Wales, I cannot see a referendum on Welsh independence being stage any time soon; I would vote no.

We should also change our national anthem to Jerusalem. Much better than God Save the Queen. We can keep that for GB.

I agree that God Save the King/Queen should only be used as the national anthem for Great Britain, although while I like Jerusalem, I would prefer Land of hope and Glory as the national anthem for England.

Apparently voting was rigged to favour no over yes as yes votes were left on no tables and staff deliberately switched piles or filled out ballots themselves.

Dundee is said to have had a fire alarm go off and police supposedly removed votes.

Plus I've heard that Cameron and Miliband have pulled out on their agreement to Scotland.

Apparently voting was rigged to favour no over yes as yes votes were left on no tables and staff deliberately switched piles or filled out ballots themselves.

Dundee is said to have had a fire alarm go off and police supposedly removed votes.

Plus I've heard that Cameron and Miliband have pulled out on their agreement to Scotland.

these are simply not true.

1. The yes votes pictured on the no table were infact unsorted votes. They hadn't been counted at all at that point, they had simply been put on the table before being counted.

2. no evidence at all to suggest that. Also Dundee was the yes campaigns biggest success of the night, If the police were trying to influence the result in favour of no they proved to be thoroughly incompetent.

3. Cameron is still fully committed to devolution everywhere. Miliband is still fully committed to devolution in Scotland but quite rightly is saying we need to think carefully before we allow blanket devolution all over the UK without careful consideration.

These bitter claims of rigging by nationalists have tarnished what was an outstanding display of democracy in a country that usually can't be arsed with politics, and was being praised the world over as an example to other countries with such issues.

Bear in mind also that respecting the final result was something that Nationalists demanded, Westminster could've just said "no the referendum isn't official" but in the spirit of democracy they didn't. Seeing nationalists who made so much out of the "greater democracy" argument now make these claims about the result sickens me.

Archived