Scottish Independence

Undercard Jamoke

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland become an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

All countries should be really but I'm inclined for them to stay, not that I can vote.

If they want to *Censored* off from the UK they can feel free to.

They talk about how they're not treated fairly but they get free university places and it can cost up to 9 grand a year here, meaning when you finish you can be 30k in debt, like seriously. As I said, if they want to leave they can. It wont effect me in any way.

I'm more expecting a vote of no over a vote of yes but we'll see.

Being that I'm from Scotland and have to vote. I am tempted to say yes as I would like to see Scotland make decisions for itself rather than a government down south that couldn't really give a shit about Scotland until now.

But at the same time I don't want to have the euro as a currency and also have family living in England from my mother's side of the family so I am unsure whether to say Yes! or No!

I'd also like to mention that the BBC isn't helping the matter either with only showing No! voters on TV and deliberately ignoring the Yes! voters and cutting away if they appear in the background (Videos of this are on YouTube).

Plus I feel that if No! Wins then England might try and screw us somehow as I don't bolieve they mean what they say then again what Government does.

I hope they stay with us mostly for personal reasons. They are a separate country but they're part of our kingdom. However, if they do *Censored* off, they better not try crawling back if it all goes to shit.

Also, does anybody think there's a chance of riots whichever way the coin lands?

I've voted no. there's no doubt in my mind that it was the right thing to do. I didn't see a single benefit to independence proposed by the yes camp that could actually be provided with any certainty. any time you question them you are told to stop scaremongering and being negative. Plus we already have it good in the UK right now, we have the power to protect the NHS, we don't like Conservatives but let's face it they haven't won a parliamentary majority in 22 years and will be out of power in the 2015 election. we have a large role to play as a member of the EU, NATO and the UN security council, and we have nuclear weapons, which are not necessarily a good thing but any disarmament should be worldwide, it's irresponsible for one state to get rid of theirs while everyone else's capabilities stay the same. Our public spending is higher, and our public services are better than the rest of the uk.

If yes wins it will be a triumph for faith over facts and that's very dangerous in politics.

In any event, even if the yessers win, it will be by a couple of percent at the most, that leaves just under half of the country pissed off. Therefore I think there is a chance of riots, particularly in the event of a no vote, since the yes campaign are more passionate about their side(theirs is less a political argument and more a lifelong belief) and also better at organising random protests without warning.

Plus yessers i've spoken to have a serious problem with a victim mentality, as has been seen by their opinions on big bad evil westminster, and the media, in particular the BBC. So if there's a no vote they'll no doubt start conspiracy theories.

I don't really have anything to gain or lose by the situation, so I'm saying yes...solely based on the fact that I always thought it was a different country when I was a kid.

It is. England and Scotland are different countries.

UK is just four countries together sharing parliaments and stuff.

Couldn't give a flying *Censored* tbqh but I think Scotland will be better off staying part of UK. A read a report somewhere stating that it costs more for Britain to run Scotland than the money they are making off of it. So, it wouldn't come as a surprise if they go tits up after the independence.

Couldn't care less really. Scotland can do whatever they please and I doubt it would effect England or the rest of this kingdom too much. However, if they vote yes then it is incredibly historic.

Speaking of Wales, they will never be independent.

Archived