Possible "Hot Tag" Theory

xirtamehtsitahw

I've seen TONS of complaints all over the web about how difficult it was to successfully perform a hot tag. The reason: you only have ONE-FIFTH of a second (12 frames) to hit the correct button on-screen, but you have to hit TWO 12-frame windows in succession in order to perform a hot tag. The punishment for failing: losing ALL your momentum!

There is a variable called "KAESHIHOSEI" in the game's misc.pac and PreLoad.pac files, which, if my theory is correct, deals directly with the hot tag issue. It's set at 12 (the number of frames). Another variable is called "M_KAESHI_UP", and is set to 63. Basically, it's designed to max out your momentum (what the "M" refers to) if a "KAESHIHOSEI" move is performed correctly.

The word "kaeshi" in Japanese, translated loosely, means "reversal". A hot tag is a reversal of momentum of sorts, so this theory does have some credence.

I'll have to see if this theory is indeed correct, and setting a value of 999(!) makes hot tags super-easy (as soon as the hot tag command is performed, the button you need to push should show up IMMEDIATELY, giving you a HUGE window to push it!).

This was the last real issue I had with this game, and if it falls to my dogged determination to completely tame the often-cheap AI, then there is NOTHING the AI can do that I can't! (And I can do many things the AI can't...heh heh)

Yes, the hot tag function is still in SvR 11, and the AI abuses it! They get to use it automatically, but good *BLEEPING* luck getting to do a hot tag yourself! The amount of time the face-button icon stays on-screen is barely long enough for you to even register it even BEING on-screen, let alone react to it. I feel this is the absolutely most unfair thing about this game.

The AI gets to do hot tags automatically, but it's nearly impossible for you to do one...and the game has the gall to PUNISH you for failing, by taking away ALL of your momentum!

Leave it to THQ to come up with this sort of AI garbage.

At least this game isn't as bad a sore loser as SvR 2010, which is reputed to freeze on you to keep you from landing your finisher...yet the AI wrestler(s) can land their finishers (even created ones) all they want!

Archived