WWE2K15 Playtest Information

animalz07

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So from i can understand there are abilities and skill sets.

Abilities have levels and you can have a maximum of 6 for each character. But are these levels selectable from the beginning or do we need to work our way to reach a desired level?

Skill sets are basically to craft the superstar in a way you want him/her to act during a match. And from Cena's info we can have 16 at least

This sounds pretry good as things like Ziggler breaking the barricade on Ryder seems a bit out of place. And now only heel managers can interfere and distract the referee so that solves the manager issue.

I would just say I can't wait to get my hands on this.

Soo... Skill Sets outright replace Abilities, and we can have a maximum of 6? Six slots to give out characters a mixture of previous abilities, omg moments and generalized in-match actions such as jumping off a ladder? Why does Cena get so many and we only get 6? Am I understanding correctly?

That seems a little too restictive, no? These should have been listed as AI Settings in CAW/CAMoveset, which would still allow the same level of customizability, but not restrict us to only using 6 slots:

Moveset:

- Use OMG Moves: Yes/No

- Use Royal Rumble Finisher: Yes/No

Match Actions:

- Climb To Top Rope: Yes/No

- Tag Your Partner: Often/Less

Special Match Actions:

- Break HIAC Wall: Yes/No

- Use Steel Cage Door: Yes/No

- Use Ladder Finishers: Yes/No

Soo... Skill Sets outright replace Abilities, and we can have a maximum of 6? Six slots to give out characters a mixture of previous abilities, omg moments and generalized in-match actions such as jumping off a ladder?

Am I understanding correctly? Why does Cena get so many and we only get 6?

No you definitely misunderstood, Skill sets are independent to Abilities.

For the most part, Skills are an assortment of techniques you can use during matches, Abilities are stat boosts each superstar has under certain conditions.

But that definition isn't exact either, cause pin combos are under Abilities rather than skills because they make it harder for the opponent to kick out.

Still not sure I'm understanding correctly. Beginning to feel too complicated, perhaps.

How does the ability leveling system work? We will have a 100% to spread amongst our different abilities and their levels? E.G. Going to Level 2 in whatever they're calling 'Ring Escape' now automatically means a different ability has to come down to Level 1 in order to balance the 100%? (Like how Body Damage percent currently works in CAW Mode)?

Soo... Skill Sets outright replace Abilities, and we can have a maximum of 6? Six slots to give out characters a mixture of previous abilities, omg moments and generalized in-match actions such as jumping off a ladder? Why does Cena get so many and we only get 6? Am I understanding correctly?

That seems a little too restictive, no? These should have been listed as AI Settings in CAW/CAMoveset, which would still allow the same level of customizability, but not restrict us to only using 6 slots:

Moveset:

Match Actions:

Special Match Actions:

They already said what skill set Cena has and it was much more than six, I'm sure it's not nearly as restricting as some people perceive it.

So if the skill sets are only those of superstars in the game... why is the dropkick there? Is it not possible that the Apron dropkick could be a running dropkick off the apron? Or the knee that Bryan does but they called it dropkick because they are idiots? Cause i can see Punk doing a dropkick off the apron

Moveset:

Match Actions:

Special Match Actions:

I think I get it only if 2K gave WWE2K15 a similar set-up to NBA2K14. If you are not familiar with NBA2K14, in the game all the players had up to 6 signature skills attached to them that make them different from each other. In WWE2K15 those would be your abilities. To make the players even more unique from each other they allowed them personality badges which in 2K15 would be your skill sets. The 2K14 you were only allowed 3 but with the knowledge that Cena has 16 it will be more.

I think we can only have a certain number of different types of skill sets, the guys that played it dont have full info so im guessing we can only have 6 skill sets that are abilitties(Pin combo, ruthless aggression, comeback) but we can have 6 moved base skill sets such as OMG moments and match type moves (Ladder, royal rumble, HIAC) Thats just a guess though

Archived