Best Since Day One

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not about winning it's about doing what's right and respect, it's irrelevant that I don't get "paid" for making caws or it "just being a game", these things are true, but really when you've spent a hours creating something you like, be it a caw, and somebody else takes your work and rehashes it it's bad taste.

Imagine if you were an artist, you'd painted something and then somebody does the same painting but maybe with slightly different paint, or you're a musician you'd wrote an song you were really proud of, somebody else released a song that's near identical, save for a few notes, you'd have every right to be pissed, irrelevant if you've done it for money, it's still something you enjoy doing for someone else to copy

I fail to see how I'm the bad guy here or "won" something, as though James is the victim here, again I think people would feel differently if they'd bothered to make caws and textures themselves, people have no appreciation of the amount of time it takes, until they've done it themselves, pure apathy

Thank you to James for doing the right thing, as I've said before it's sad as he has obviously has the basics of cawing, he should work on his own things instead of Imitating others and I dare say he'd be good at it and would get more respect.

I guess people can stop commenting now, the fact he's take it down would go some way to suggesting James realises his mistake, afterall it had no "boos" on CC and people do nothing but ass kiss his plagerism here, so there's no real reason he needed to do so

It's not about winning it's about doing what's right and respect, it's irrelevant that I don't get "paid" for making caws or it "just being a game", these things are true, but really when you've spent a hours creating something you like, be it a caw, and somebody else takes your work and rehashes it it's bad taste.

Imagine if you were an artist, you'd painted something and then somebody does the same painting but maybe with slightly different paint, or you're a musician you'd wrote an song you were really proud of, somebody else released a song that's near identical, save for a few notes, you'd have every right to be pissed, irrelevant if you've done it for money, it's still something you enjoy doing for someone else to copy

I fail to see how I'm the bad guy here or "won" something, as though James is the victim here, again I think people would feel differently if they'd bothered to make caws and textures themselves, people have no appreciation of the amount of time it takes, until they've done it themselves, pure apathy

Thank you to James for doing the right thing, as I've said before it's sad as he has obviously has the basics of cawing, he should work on his own things instead of Imitating others and I dare say he'd be good at it and would get more respect.

I guess people can stop commenting now, the fact he's take it down would go some way to suggesting James realises his mistake, afterall it had no "boos" on CC and people do nothing but ass kiss his plagerism here, so there's no real reason he needed to do so

It's creating characters on a video game,not creating artwork or doing something in real life. Not a valid comparison.

Creating textures in Photoshop is Graphic Design, which is a purely valid form of art is not? art originated from people emulating and documenting real life; I try to emulate wrestlers and create their likeness, it's a perfectly valid comparison, I create things in Photoshop using artistic skills; it's a hobby the same as people play instruments, draw or paint of to to theatre groups, it's something I do for enjoyment, I suppose all hobbies are not real life by your logic; again if you'd put a lot of energy and effort into making things in Photoshop you'd probably understand. I notice the people responding in favour of James don't necessarily contribute their own work in anyways, like I said apathy you don't have experience of the time and effort so you cannot empathise with the situation

The "it's just a game" thing does not excuse the basic principle of taking someone else time and effort, for your own gain.

Creating textures in Photoshop is Graphic Design, which is a purely valid form of art is not? art originated from people emulating and documenting real life; I try to emulate wrestlers and create their likeness, it's a perfectly valid comparison, I create things in Photoshop using artistic skills; it's a hobby the same as people play instruments, draw or paint of to to theatre groups, it's something I do for enjoyment, I suppose all hobbies are not real life by your logic; again if you'd put a lot of energy and effort into making things in Photoshop you'd probably understand. I notice the people responding in favour of James don't necessarily contribute their own work in anyways, like I said apathy you don't have experience of the time and effort so you cannot empathise with the situation

The "it's just a game" thing does not excuse the basic principle of taking someone else time and effort, for your own gain.

again, real life vs internet. Literally are making a big situation of something so small, when you could have laughed it off and moved on. Stop acting, please, like I've never put energy into something, because I have, but some things aren't worth getting bent out of shape for.

I think this is just another prime example of Internet hotheads allowing the irrelevant and forgettable to become the most important thing in everyone's world. I guarantee you that if I gave you a time machine and allowed you to see your future, you would not still be dwelling on the time in 2014 when that guy "stole your work" on WWE 2k14 Community Creations. This will not have any relevance a few years down the road, unless you allow it to. And if you allow it to, you deserve to suffer and live out your life arguing on the forums, struggling to maintain a sense of self-worth and relevance. Because this has gone pointlessly out of proportion, and it needs to stop.

^ Stop harassing jameslaiho.

Excuse me I haven't harassed anybody people continue to post I respond to them I've not directly address James in my posts for a while, not to mention I have also complimented him in above posts recognise he has talent in creating caws he just uses it wrongly. I feel you posts are quite ill though out at times

And to the other posts the assumption is I'm "angry" and "dwelling" on it yet I've not once used any expletives or personal insults towards James or anyone that's posted, my posts have been calm and rationale and more often than not triggered by someone else posting their tuppence worth, I could ignore the comments sure but at the same time if I do it's accepting or allowing people to believe James is a victim him here or placating what he did, if people post I feel the need to justify why I feel aggrieved, but don't assume this is fuelled by anger or that it "defines" my 2014; I spend about 10 minutes a day on here and some of those recently have been occupied here in this topic, that's then sum total of it; it stops when people stop posting in support of James, you can't expect me to not bite if you post baiting me to do so, and then use the stop taking it so seriously excuse.

The dust had settled on the topic on 30th October until Ageofsandow posted again refuelling the debate on 1st November, so really people should look at themselves as part of the problem by continuing to post rather than the solution and then expecting me to "drop it" had it not been resurrected I'd have never mentioned it again after 30th October, keep posting and I'll keep responding that's how message boards work.

James himself has done the right thing and him taking ricochet down from CC is an admission that he was wrong, like I said no one posted a negative review on CC and there's only me to post negatively here so there was no reason to do so otherwise; perhaps this act should be considered when people are stoking the flames when the dust had settled

^ Stop harassing jameslaiho.

Excuse me I haven't harassed anybody people continue to post I respond to them I've not directly address James in my posts for a while, not to mention I have also complimented him in above posts recognise he has talent in creating caws he just uses it wrongly. I feel you posts are quite ill though out at times

And to the other posts the assumption is I'm "angry" and "dwelling" on it yet I've not once used any expletives or personal insults towards James or anyone that's posted, my posts have been calm and rationale and more often than not triggered by someone else posting their tuppence worth, I could ignore the comments sure but at the same time if I do it's accepting or allowing people to believe James is a victim him here or placating what he did, if people post I feel the need to justify why I feel aggrieved, but don't assume this is fuelled by anger or that it "defines" my 2014; I spend about 10 minutes a day on here and some of those recently have been occupied here in this topic, that's then sum total of it; it stops when people stop posting in support of James, you can't expect me to not bite if you post baiting me to do so, and then use the stop taking it so seriously excuse.

The dust had settled on the topic on 30th October until Ageofsandow posted again refuelling the debate on 1st November, so really people should look at themselves as part of the problem by continuing to post rather than the solution and then expecting me to "drop it" had it not been resurrected I'd have never mentioned it again after 30th October, keep posting and I'll keep responding that's how message boards work.

James himself has done the right thing and him taking ricochet down from CC is an admission that he was wrong, like I said no one posted a negative review on CC and there's only me to post negatively here so there was no reason to do so otherwise; perhaps this act should be considered when people are stoking the flames when the dust had settled

I wanted to fix the issue. Not discussing it dosen't eliminate it, since the issue still exists. I don't hate either of you but I wanted to sort this out for good and I acted as a 3rd party in this. I'm not particularly biased towards either, but I did find one argument more valid than the other.

Cuey was angry because jameslaiho used his textures to make Ricochet but now he is DELETED so there is no reason to keep arguing about this. This topic is about caws. I let you guys know when a caw is uploaded and you can leave your review here. You don't argue about a silly thing for 2 pages. SO PLEASE STOP NOW!!!

Low Ki uploaded! Sorry for the late post guys.

It's okay. Have you been busy?

Yes, a lot.

It's good you are staying with WWE 2K14 instead of the disappointing WWE 2K15.

Both me and James will be on PS4 but on December.

What? Why leave a good game to go create on an inferior one?

Archived