Daniel Bryan vs. KENTA

Crowley

I never would have thought that eight years after this match took place, I'd be able to make a thread about it and post it in the WWE section. I always knew Bryan would make it there someday, but I still can't believe they've signed KENTA. Even back in 2006 WWE was scouting ROH guys, but Japanese wrestlers, especially the good ones, were never really on their radar.

This is widely considered to be one of the greatest matches Bryan has ever had. With KENTA coming to NXT soon, do you think there's a chance we might see a rematch in WWE? Lately there's been a lot of speculation that with Bryan's injuries, he might not have a lot of matches left in him, or he may never even wrestle again at all. And based on what we've seen of other wrestlers, you've got to think that KENTA will be kept on NXT for at least a year or two before he's brought up to the main roster. I would love to see these guys lock up at WrestleMania, but there's a possibility they might just barely miss out on the chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLHRsptE-9U

Nah, Lesnar's gonna send Bryan packing once and for all. :shifty:

I just don't see their paths clashing in a real story.

Well personally I think Bryan's going to be okay, but in the event his career really is cut short, I'd love for Brock Lesnar to be the guy to write him off TV. What better way to make him into an even bigger monster heel? I can just imagine the pop Dean Ambrose would get when he beats Brock for the title in a big upset. He'd pick up right where Bryan left off as the fan favorite main event guy. It'd almost be like he never left.

I hope Bryan's able to have a match or two with Brock. That's always been a dream match of mine. I know Bryan has been clamoring for it ever since Brock came back. He's always asked the same question in interviews about who on the current roster he'd like to wrestle, and he always responds with Brock. His face lights up and you can tell he's just marking out by the thought of it.

Still one of my favorite matches till this day. Hopefully it happens in WWE. Although it possibly would be watered down. :(

That is my fear as well.

And then I wonder if they would even give them enough time to work?

If the match happens, I think they'll give them enough time. All they really need is about 15 minutes to have an absolute classic match. Then again, I think back to Rey Mysterio vs. Daniel Bryan and start to worry. That could've and should've been one of the greatest matches of all time, but I think they gave them about two minutes. Now we'll probably never get to see it again.

It WILL happen. With or without a decent storyline. Might be just a showcase match like they did with Bryan vs Regal. You know they love playing with our dicks in terms of teasing us for something big to happen and sadly enough never go anywhere with it. KoW reunion at NXT for another example.

Video was removed.

That's too bad. It's an incredible match. I'm sure it's available somewhere else.

It could happen. If WWE doesn't plan on making KENTA into the next Yoshi Tatsu.

Yeah, I agree with that. They clearly have a plan because they know he's special.

Video was removed.

That's too bad. It's an incredible match. I'm sure it's available somewhere else.

It could happen. If WWE doesn't plan on making KENTA into the next Yoshi Tatsu.

Yeah, I agree with that. They clearly have a plan because they know he's special.
Why'd the video get randomly removed lol. And eh idk,WWE *censored*s up a lot.

Just the way they introduced him. In his own country. With Hulk Hogan (and Jimmy Hart). In the ring as if it were on RAW. They're gonna handle him with kid gloves. Trips and Hogan will make sure no one screws up.

I think that, for now, WWE is all in on KENTA (It'll take a long time for me not to write his name in all caps). His debut is being advertised as a main event. If that lasts until like a year, when he gets called to the main roster, yeah, I can see him going against Bryan. I think Bryan physically will never be the same after his surgeries, but as far as we know, elbow and shoulder are manageable in a wrestling context, and I would bet he finds ways to keep his high level of production in the ring. There's people who got themselves through many worse kinds of mileage throughout their wrestling careers and were still able to do it. Bryan sticks to my mind as one of those guys, in that as long as he thinks he's able to do it, he'll do it and endure a little pain. I don't know if they will have a feud match, though. There are so many dream feuds that never happened.

Archived