NXT Discussion Thread

Oldsie

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe never really clicked with me. Used to be a good wrestler, but thought he wasn't very charismatic, didn't like his promos and has an average (Joe huehuehue) look. Not a fan. Rather see Owens.

He had a aura around him in 2002-2007 that made his look totally irreverent.

That was a pretty meh episode. Some good too though.

Good:

Breeze/Rose was okay to give Breeze a decent win.

Alexa promo <333

Sami Zayn video

Alex Riley, even though I don't like him, he did really well.

Main event was good

Bad:

Bull Dempsey vs. Crowe. They both suck and look dumb as shit. Bull looks like he'll cover his WoW-playing ass in dorito dust on the weekend and Crowe looks like a SM fratboy.

Blake & Murphy are *censored*ing shite. Mojo Rawleys of the tag team divsion.

Fullton and Dawkins looked lame too. Fullton generally looks retarded and I have absolutely zero interest in the Shootnation.

Give me a break from Corbin, he sucks.

I was expecting to be a little underwhelmed by Crowe, but LOL.

His look is just all-round terrible.

His finisher is one of the worst I've ever seen. Finger Poke of Doom > whatever the *Censored* Crowe does.

His gimmick is pretty lame, but needs more time to see what it's even supposed to be.

His theme is kinda stupid (This is not a test...? Okay?) Makes it even worse that I was a fan of Test, so yeah, you're certainly no Test.

Also "caw caw" LOL.

It's pretty bad when Bull Dempsey is better than you. Only things he has going for him is the fact he lost weight or whatever, saved someone from a car wreck, and has a decent reputation, but none of them mean shit really.

Rest of the episode was pretty cool though as usual. First time I've been entertained by Adam Rose in like ever. Breeze was on point. Everything with all the women is great. Alex Riley was great (can't believe I just said that). Sami, Owens, Enzo & Cass, CJ and the Rhyno video all good. Little bored of Corbin, though his matches aren't long enough for me to resent him so it's whatever. That guy who lost to Corbin looked a bit crap, but the tag team looked decent enough. Blake and Murphy are still meh.

I really dislike Crowe as well. I was never too familiar with the alliance of Callahan and Moxley, but I'm not a big Ambrose fan either. I think both guys are overrated. I get that they came from CZW...where they specialized in ultraviolence. But I don't think that transitions to the WWE. As WWE performers, they're just "meh". Of course, Ambrose is lightyears ahead of Crowe. I'll give him time, but I'm not seeing it.

To be fair, it's WWE's fault Ambrose gotten stale. Plus, neither guy really ever worked face in their careers until now.

True enough...but it's never entirely WWE's fault. There's only a certain extent in which that holds true. There are things that any performer can do in spite of their booking to look better. I think Ambrose will probably get back on track at some point in the future. But I don't ever see Crowe being a big deal in the WWE. Which is why I mentioned that Ambrose is lightyears ahead of Crowe.

The Raw episode where they were snowed in at WWE HQ was great...because he was just walking around in the snow like a homeless dude. That's the kind of "mental illness" they should push him with...not whatever it is that they occasionally try to do with the "unstable" moniker. Ambrose needs to be a disheveled bum who has just a bit less regard for his opponents as he does for himself.

As for Crowe, (seeing as this is the NXT topic), they should just drop the hacker thing entirely and make him a street punk. I don't understand his look in comparison to his gimmick. It doesn't make sense. He's all grungy and shit, but he's a hacker. I guess he's supposed to represent the anarchist movement, hacking against the system, etc. But it doesn't translate well to an on-screen character. And his hair needs to be killed with fire.

I feel there is something unique about Barin Corbin that meshes well with his gimmick, it's probably his presence..
It took only two entrances and squash matches for me to start enjoying him, and I personally can't say the same for a few other NXT wrestlers who put on great matches but don't have that appeal. Maybe this should be in the unpopular opinion thread.

Archived