The Making Of WWE 2K15: Episode One!

SamTHimself

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a good chance that I'll be attending Gamer's Day here in Saudi Arabia on Sept 30, 2K15 will be playable there.
I don't think I'd be able to gather new info as it's going to be the same demo from gamescon with just four superstars, but I'll go ahead and try it out anyway.

Didn't Bryan Williams said that he personally requested to Yukes to remove the 200+ moves back in WWE 12, but Yukes thought it was dumb and only locked them? Bryan was pretty pissed about it and there was all sort of backlash in this board back then, pretty surprised that people are back to liking him.

I legit think its because wanted their own mocapped moves over Yukes "animation" ones.

But all moves added since SvR 2007 were mocaped by THQ themselves anyway, at least they look like it.

I don't think we'll ever get a clear answer as to why the move purge happened and we just have to deal with it, and while I can understand if they felt like they had to remove moves that aged poorly like the few ps2 moves era games that are still in the game, I can't stand the fact that they haven't made a real effort (or a symbolic one either) to try and replace them.

Some were already in from before, I think they started mocap in 08. I'm like 80 percent sure it was 08.

Possible, it's roughly around that time in the series history is what I meant to say...

I just hope the moves budget gets a raise under 2K, so that we are that many moves closer.

I personally don't see why removing the moves that have been in the games, since Smackdown 1 & 2. The only reason they would remove any move sets is usually to redo them to look more real. I don't see what is so wrong with that. He is clearly a fan of the series & wants to make the game better in the movesets. I never had a problem with Brian, but hated Cory.

Didn't Bryan Williams said that he personally requested to Yukes to remove the 200+ moves back in WWE 12, but Yukes thought it was dumb and only locked them? Bryan was pretty pissed about it and there was all sort of backlash in this board back then, pretty surprised that people are back to liking him.

I legit think its because wanted their own mocapped moves over Yukes "animation" ones.

But all moves added since SvR 2007 were mocaped by THQ themselves anyway, at least they look like it.

I don't think we'll ever get a clear answer as to why the move purge happened and we just have to deal with it, and while I can understand if they felt like they had to remove moves that aged poorly like the few ps2 moves era games that are still in the game, I can't stand the fact that they haven't made a real effort (or a symbolic one either) to try and replace them.

Some were already in from before, I think they started mocap in 08. I'm like 80 percent sure it was 08.

Possible, it's roughly around that time in the series history is what I meant to say...

I just hope the moves budget gets a raise under 2K, so that we are that many moves closer.

I personally don't see why removing the moves that have been in the games, since Smackdown 1 & 2. The only reason they would remove any move sets is usually to redo them to look more real. I don't see what is so wrong with that. He is clearly a fan of the series & wants to make the game better in the movesets. I never had a problem with Brian, but hated Cory.

The wide majority of the moves he re-animated so far were some of those that weren't removed in the first place.

I don't see why people hate Cory as much, I mean yeah, the guy's just plain untrustworthy when it came to hyping the games, but he was Creative Director, he came up with the ideas... Meanwhile Williams was the guy in charge of gameplay for years, and every year this guy was in charge, the series went closer and closer to a spiritual successor to Wrestlemania the arcade game.

I ain't doubting the dude's passion, actually he's probably a nice guy, but passion ain't everything in life, and this guy isn't head honcho material when it comes to gameplay, I'm sorry.

The wide majority of the moves he re-animated so far were some of those that weren't removed in the first place.

I don't see why people hate Cory as much, I mean yeah, the guy's just plain untrustworthy when it came to hyping the games, but he was Creative Director, he came up with the ideas... Meanwhile Williams was the guy in charge of gameplay for years, and every year this guy was in charge, the series went closer and closer to a spiritual successor to Wrestlemania the arcade game.

I ain't doubting the dude's passion, actually he's probably a nice guy, but passion ain't everything in life, and this guy isn't head honcho material when it comes to gameplay, I'm sorry.

That would mean that Williams only does what Cory told him

I miss the 2011 weapon physics

Oh so do i man, i remember first putting the game in and playing a tlc match and being blown away by the weapon physics. me and my cousin had some really fun matches with the weapons physics in that game. Why the hell did they change it? it was perfect.

may be more info coming next month after 15 oct

That's like 2 weeks before the game is released, of course we would have new info by then lol

But then again...

2 month to release the game and we just have only 4 superstars screen shots some of BS videos i miss last year when we have more then 70% info pictures , videos

That would mean that Williams only does what Cory told him

No, what that means is that Williams had the responsibility to bring Cory's vision into form in gameplay.

EDIT: As well as being responsible for overall gameplay improvements, like last year's "realistic" machine-gun-like strikes.

But then its Cory's job to say that it should be better. It's like WWE creative, Everyone hates John Cena's promos, but we blame the creative team, when Vince McMahon is the one who would have ok'd the promo to begin with. With the game, it would be a budget thing. Cory would probably give Brian a percentage of it to work with. Every move or Every mode would probably cost thousands of dollars to produce.

Now, since people are still coming out with... excuses... allow me to try to approach things from a different way. I honestly want to know 'why', because it's honestly bugging the piss out of me now. The only two conclusions I can reach is that people are misinformed/ignorant, or just willing to lap-up anything that the WWEGames team/mostly Bryan Williams throws their way.

You may say that ''most people have gotten over the 400+ move removals'', but that is no excuse. Why should anyone have had to get over move removals, when we know through hacking that Bryan removed them personally even though 99% of them still worked flawlessly. How do you justify the year after that straight removing those moves that were able to be hacked-back-in instead of simply locking them away? Why do you guys believe Bryan is a fan or good for these games? Do you honestly hold the one or two indy moves like DBry's Cattle Mutilation or that ROH guy's Lungblower Powerbomb in a higher place than the 400+ removed moves? Do those non-WWE moves in the more recent games make things equal in your eyes? Do you actually like the goofy diving and running moves, or replacement mo-capped moves for the small handful of replaced moves from the huge list of removed moves? I can't see how anyone can honestly say they prefer the animations of today's THQ/WWEGames Team mo-capped moves verses the picture-perfect hand-drawn move animations that Yukes did.

Why do you give Bryan leeway by saying he is simply misunderstood and will automatically do better now that Corey has less power, or that 2K are in charge with more budget than THQ had etc. Did you not see the pre-release lies he and others were spewing, only to be proven wrong multiple times either by hacking, or by the actual release game not having features they said it would have? Do you not care that you are being lied to? I would have liked the Nitro arena to be moved to Create-An-Arena templates, to be able to put women in more matches because hacks showed us it's possible and hair/boob physics aren't a problem at all. I would have liked to make an all Diva CAW Universe Brand that one year in October when the game released like I was told I could, not having to wait until Jan/Feb for a patch to be released. I would have liked to change my sideplates on the WWE Title when I had different people hold it, but the game never allowed me to edit the WWE titles, only re-color them. Why "should" I trust Bryan again after the lies, why do so many of you appear to trust him, and even make excuses for him?

Now, since people are still coming out with... excuses... allow me to try to approach things from a different way. I honestly want to know 'why', because it's honestly bugging the piss out of me now. The only two conclusions I can reach is that people are misinformed/ignorant, or just willing to lap-up anything that the WWEGames team/mostly Bryan Williams throws their way.

You may say that ''most people have gotten over the 400+ move removals'', but that is no excuse. Why should anyone have had to get over move removals, when we know through hacking that Bryan removed them personally even though 99% of them still worked flawlessly. How do you justify the year after that straight removing those moves that were able to be hacked-back-in instead of simply locking them away? Why do you guys believe Bryan is a fan or good for these games? Do you honestly hold the one or two indy moves like DBry's Cattle Mutilation or that ROH guy's Lungblower Powerbomb in a higher place than the 400+ removed moves? Do those non-WWE moves in the more recent games make things equal in your eyes? Do you actually like the goofy diving and running moves, or replacement mo-capped moves for the small handful of replaced moves from the huge list of removed moves? I can't see how anyone can honestly say they prefer the animations of today's THQ/WWEGames Team mo-capped moves verses the picture-perfect hand-drawn move animations that Yukes did.

Why do you give Bryan leeway by saying he is simply misunderstood and will automatically do better now that Corey has less power, or that 2K are in charge with more budget than THQ had etc. Did you not see the pre-release lies he and others were spewing, only to be proven wrong multiple times either by hacking, or by the actual release game not having features they said it would have? Do you not care that you are being lied to? I would have liked the Nitro arena to be moved to Create-An-Arena templates, to be able to put women in more matches because hacks showed us it's possible and hair/boob physics aren't a problem at all. I would have liked to make an all Diva CAW Universe Brand that one year in October when the game released like I was told I could, not having to wait until Jan/Feb for a patch to be released. I would have liked to change my sideplates on the WWE Title when I had different people hold it, but the game never allowed me to edit the WWE titles, only re-color them. Why "should" I trust Bryan again after the lies, why do so many of you appear to trust him, and even make excuses for him?

Erm, dude, you might want to take those Bryan hate shades off, they're making you blind. You're focusing all on the bad of Bryan while ignoring the good. Without Bryan, we wouldn't have most of those Indy moves in the game. And like I said in my previous post, at least Bryan knows his moves, we could have had someone who gets the superkicks & their DDTs mixed up. That all Divas brand thing was a glitch. Blame Yuke's for that, not Bryan. As for "why should people have to get over those removed moves"? They have accepted the damage is done, they haven't forgotten about them, you don't sit around crying over losing your girlfriend years later & you shouldn't sit around crying over those moves. I'm sure if Bryan tried something like that again, he'd be out the door before you can say anything. The fact that he's the only one of the terrible trio still around shows that 2K must see something in the dude. The reason we give 2K leeway is that they've shown they give a damn about their games, and hopefully they've told Bryan that his day of lying & arsing around while in THQ are over.

They looked good no doubt about it, 10 years ago on the system they were intended to be used in, in recent WWE games, not so much. I blame Williams for not having the common sense to reanimate moves that were removed rather than the ones he decided to keep, but that's it. And I'm not a big fan of indy moves either, I'd mark out way harder if they added, like, a mat slam or a new generic neckbreaker this year.

Also, the Terrible Trio, you people do realize that these three guys weren't the only people that worked on the game, and so may the ones responsible for everything in the series history.

They looked good no doubt about it, 10 years ago on the system they were intended to be used in, in recent WWE games, not so much. I blame Williams for not having the common sense to reanimate moves that were removed rather than the ones he decided to keep, but that's it.

Why does it matter that they were old animations? Being old makes them no less good, especially if they've been removed and not replaced yet. And in other cases, where the replacement mo-cap move looks awful compared to the perfect hand-drawn animation, I don't understand the thinking that they needed to go because they were old. Examples such as Eddie's Frog Splash, Lita's Moonsault and Bradshaw's Closeline From Hell all look like ass in their current mo-capped forms, whereas the old versions looked perfect.

They looked good no doubt about it, 10 years ago on the system they were intended to be used in, in recent WWE games, not so much. I blame Williams for not having the common sense to reanimate moves that were removed rather than the ones he decided to keep, but that's it.

Why does it matter that they were old animations? Being old makes them no less good, especially if they've been removed and not replaced yet. And in other cases, where the replacement mo-cap move looks awful compared to the perfect hand-drawn animation, I don't understand the thinking that they needed to go because they were old. Examples such as Eddie's Frog Splash, Lita's Moonsault and Bradshaw's Closeline From Hell all look like ass in their current mo-capped forms, whereas the old versions looked perfect.

No, they really did age poorly over the years, take a look at the gutbuster Titus O'Neil's has in his default moveset, and tell me it looks suitable, hell most back suplexes and backbreakers in the game look clunky and absolutely robotic. Now, I actually agree with you, at the same time, the authenticity of said moves have gone down the drain, but while it's a problem, it still doesn't bother me as much as robotic looking animations overall. I guess it's just subjective...

To end this on a more positive note, they did say that the mocap actors would have access to footage on the fly to properly imitate character specific moves, and they did reanimate Orton's knee drop (I know, I know, just what we needed, am I right. :shift: ) to look pretty much like the real deal. We'll see how they handle then.

There are moves that look better mo-capped than animated, like Undertaker's & Big Show's Chokeslams as well as HBK's top-rope elbow. Some of the older animations looked really dated as well, like the Ankle Locks. We are getting more of those removed moves back each year, hopefully we'll get even more this year now the games have a bigger budget.

Agreed 100%.

Archived