Apparent "Roster Cap" Freeze FINALLY Discovered!

xirtamehtsitahw

I believe I've discovered the REAL reason behind the seemingly random game freezes during matches (which always seem to strike when my character has a finisher, for some reason).

It is NOT caused by either of the following:

--Failing to save prior to starting the match

--The AI "balking" because you're winning, despite the fact that they executed a pre-match swerve.

The REAL reason is due to the total active roster (combination of both shows) being too large.

"Too large" in this case is anything larger than 50 active superstars, divas and CAWs, combined.

My current roster is 23 per show, putting me in safe territory.

EDIT: Apparently, I was mistaken. The game has found a way to "adapt" to my proposed solution to the game freeze issue which had popped up all of a sudden. Now, the game simply freezes whenever I'm about to win a match, or sometimes all it takes is for me to gain a finisher after being swerved. Restarting the match does NOT help (if the game was going to freeze initially, it will still do so even if the match is restarted).

I'm going back to my initial game-balancing settings, as a last-ditch effort to try to curb the AI's penchant for freezing when I gain control of the match.

It may have had something to do with the actual "Game Balancing" sliders, specifically those dealing with the window size for the various types of reversals, being set too low.

I'll just have to wait and see. (Hopefully the game doesn't make the retarded decision to "adapt"--YET AGAIN--and make me "wrong" again by freezing completely at random, just for giggles...and my roar of agonized frustration!).

EDIT #2: It appears (so far) that if the Game Balancing sliders for reversals are set lower than the AI Reversal Frequency sliders, the game will freeze if you perform better than the AI in reversals. Apparently, the game doesn't like it when you attempt to humiliate the AI by handicapping yourself, yet STILL perform better than the AI. The rather simple workaround to this is to give yourself BETTER reversal settings than the AI, so the game thinks you're supposed to play better than the AI (although the AI still uses some annoying cheap tactics cough*jabspamming*cough).

Archived