Official Simpsons Marathon Thread

Generations

Tomorrow at 10am (EST, Thursday), FXX will begin to broadcast a marathon of every Simpsons episode in existence, starting with episode one and moving chronologically through the series. Use this thread to reminisce and to discuss the episodes as they air live.

Full episode schedule here:

http://uproxx.com/tv/2014/08/here-is-the-complete-schedule-of-every-episode-of-fxxs-the-simpsons-marathon/

Haven't followed Simpsons in a while, what would be some episodes that I should check out/record

what was the fattest town episode I remember that one from a few years ago I saw it on youtube and I loved watching it

Simpsons writers came up with 15 steps for surviving the marathon

15. After every episode, make sure to thank Jebus.

14. Eat some donuts, smoke some Tomacco, and drink a flaming Moe.

13. Practice saying “this is when the show started going downhill,” starting midway through the first episode.
12. DRINKING GAME: Drink a beer every time Homer drinks a beer.
11. Stretch for at least 20 minutes before doing the Bartman.
10. Every time Homer and Marge “snuggle,” think how nice it would be if you had any kind of human relationship.
9. Every time Homer and Marge fight, be thankful you don’t have any kind of human relationship.
8. WASHINGTON AND COLORADO RESIDENTS ONLY: During Episode 420, you know what to do.
7. Take a quick break during “Deep Space Homer” to welcome our new insect overlords.
6. Remember: you can sing along to the Stonecutters song, but you’ll never understand why Steve Guttenberg was a star
5. Every time Maggie does something cute, think about how you could be spending time with your own children instead of watching the Simpsons marathon.
4. When Marge takes on something—whether it’s the monorail or cartoon violence—don’t side against her. You’ll be sorry.
3. If you get depressed midway through the marathon, remember: “You are Lisa Simpson.” (Lisa Simpson only.)
2. Keep your TV room stocked with alcohol, the cause of (and solution to) all of life’s problems.
1. Follow Homer’s lead and steal cable—you’ll get the whole marathon for free!

Wait one episode Smithers is black, the next he is yellow lol, gotta love old episodes, same with Lou, yellow one episode, black the next

Yeah, a lot of the early character designs had tweaks like these. Pretty fun.

Chief Wiggum was also not completely incompetent...and had black hair.

Man, Dog of Death really gutted me. My dog (who was named after Bart) suffered the same illness Santa's Little Helper went through in the episode. Unfortunately, my dog didn't have the same fate as the cartoon pooch...

In other news, this new 16:9 aspect ratio is still driving me batty.

So has Treehouse Of Horror III aired on this marathon you guys are having yet? It has one of my favourite Simpsons lines ever.

"The doll's trying to kill me and the toaster's been laughing at me!"

I giggle every single time I hear it.

The marathon contains every episode...so it aired at some point. Has to be just about over now. I stopped watching a few days ago, because I really dislike the new episodes. Actually, the really new ones aren't terrible...but the ones from a year or two ago were complete crap.

Archived