Crazy Roster Idea

baken1942

I randomly just came up with this idea, so I am just curious if anyone else would look at it like I do, as I have not fully thought about it, but at first, the idea doesn't seem to bad to me.

Let's say they they create a new wrestling game, ill use WWE2k16 as an example for next year. a $40 game, as opposed to $60-$70 game depending on where you live

But instead of including a roster, how about making everyone DLC, each Character is lets say 25 cents to download. If you download 80 wrestlers, that's only $20, so the $40 plus the $20 for your own custom roster is the price of what games are now.

This way, is similar to using the Communtiy Creations, where you have x amount of spots and you fill them up and download who you want. You can generally create your own roster from this and only download characters you want to use.

I do find myself using maybe half of the real rosters guys and more CC characters anyways, so I was just thinking and wanted to see what others might think.

Sure there are downsides as you would have to download characters like crazy before you could even play the game, or maybe they start out with a base rosters of 10-15 main guys, and the rest can be DLC. They could take a game and have it last longer (which again I know they don't want to do because that takes money away from a new game every year) But they could just keep adding new DLC wrestlers/divas/titles etc and you could always be up to date.

Or set them in packs of 5 for a set price.
I dont know just a random thought, which probably won't make sense because it's all about money

I don't want to seem to harsh, but I totally hate that idea.

I know that every year, we don't have the full current WWE roster on the game, or even that specific alumni or legend wrestler/diva that we liked to watch on previous years. But I rather have a complete game that worth every cent I paid for, instead of a "payed free-to-play" type of game, that has microtransactions for you to buy and build your own roster.

As a gamer, I hate to pay for a game and then don't get full access to all modes or characters. That's why so many times I wait for a complete edition to come out.

its funny you made this post, me and my friends were watching summerslam and we were talking about why dont sport games not so much do that but instead of making a game every year just each year update the rosters for like 20-30 bucks. now i said it would never happen because every year they put more in the game and they try to make it better. yes wrestling games would seem to be the perfect idea game for that idea but the gameplay has to be perfect or each year they need to find a way to download a patch or whatever but still.

i think they should just have more dlc and not make it so far apart or instead of one every month one every two-three weeks and not have the last patch in the jan. yea i know they said they start developing next years game around jan but im sure you can find a way to do something. i mean i dont have NBA 2k but i mean when i used to buy Madden Football they updating the roster pretty much all the time until the end of the year.

I mentioned this a few years back. this would be a great idea and could probably get a ton of DLC content. Last year with the superstar heads introduced I mentioned why not have a ton of different superstar heads for DLC as well. Just have a ton off different legends along with other superstars

Sounds similar to a F2P model. The idea would suit a spinoff title but it seems to risky and complicated for the yearly released games.

It does, and thats what bothers me. I believe I can safely say that 90% of all F2P games are treated as gold mines instead of games by the companies that make them. Why? Because for some odd reason, it works. People see all these small things you can get in the game and they proceed to buy them as they are "cheap" while in actuality the total costs have run through the roof. A few micro-transactions are acceptable, but the big issue F2P games have is that they go overboard.

I feel that if something like the idea in the OP ever happened, the game would have the same fate as others do. The game would go too far, making CAW parts, weapons, theme songs, and more purchasable.

I never thought about people who don't have the internet. Like I said it came up as an idea without much thought into.
Similar to free to play games on ios and android. The game is free or cheap, but theres lots of ingame things to buy.

I do see the point of the game not being a full game when released as well.

I do prefer to keep things the way they are myself though, its just much easier that way.

No. This is genuinely the worst idea I've ever heard.

Killer Instinct did it.

Killer Instinct didnt charge you 40.00 for a game with no characters

True that. Then how would you guys feel about the game being free, and all of the characters been half a dollar?

Archived