2K promises more superstars will be announced

Why wasnt this expected? They were not going from 92 or so last year to 2/3 of that this year. Would make no sense when they have said we'll have a large roster this year. People freak out at the dumbest things every year.

The panel was planned more to promote summerslam and the network than it was to reveal the roster.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why wasnt this expected? They were not going from 92 or so last year to 2/3 of that this year. Would make no sense when they have said we'll have a large roster this year. People freak out at the dumbest things every year.

The panel was planned more to promote summerslam and the network than it was to reveal the roster.

Most people aren't worried about the number of wrestlers. Very few didn't believe there was more to come. We knew there was more to come.

People just think the more will be Legends and maybe some NXT guys.

Guys like Christian and Heath Slater... are who people are worried about. Especially Christian - unless he's being labelled or revealed as a legend with Edge.

Jared must know that the lack of info sucks since he made an announcement about an announcement. This lack of info also serves as a smokescreen to what the modes and gameplay really has to offer. What pissed me off last year was the someone gave 2k info about Hollywood Hogan's eyebrows were yellow and needed to be fixed, however 2k completely ignored it. Years when Ledesma was on board, they made last minute fixes to CM Punk and Mankind. 2k is really not that different from Yukes. They have their faults too. You'd think they would address MP3 support too for PS4. Selling graphics won't buy me in. It can be shined and buffed but at the end of the day, it's still the same old crap. 2k will really make it's mark the following year when they stop making last gen versions.

considering there is nothing they can do about that right now, no I don't think that.

Jared must know that the lack of info sucks since he made an announcement about an announcement. This lack of info also serves as a smokescreen to what the modes and gameplay really has to offer. What pissed me off last year was the someone gave 2k info about Hollywood Hogan's eyebrows were yellow and needed to be fixed, however 2k completely ignored it. Years when Ledesma was on board, they made last minute fixes to CM Punk and Mankind. 2k is really not that different from Yukes. They have their faults too. You'd think they would address MP3 support too for PS4. Selling graphics won't buy me in. It can be shined and buffed but at the end of the day, it's still the same old crap. 2k will really make it's mark the following year when they stop making last gen versions.

This makes no sense what so ever.

Geolink- Jared understands fans are not happy with the roster reveal so he's pacifying fans probably at 2k's request. You probably have never seen the crummy things 2k or Yukes have done on a yearly basis since day one. Many fans are not happy with the NBA 2k series in terms of glitches and freezes too.

Unless they are doing what they did way back in one of the SvR series and leaving lower stars out I am expecting Heath Slater, Zack Ryder, Sin Cara and The Great Khali to be revealed, I am not sure about Los Matadores, I could see them being DLC, I am fully expecting Paige to be DLC and maybe Emma too, I am unsure about Rusev, Bo Dallas and Adam Rose - if they are in they will 100% be DLC

I don't want to be negative nor overly cynical about this game, because so far we've seen the biggest gameplay and graphic improvements to the series yet. However, I can't really see them announcing or revealing more of the current roster at a later date.

What sort of hype or event would promote and reveal a roster with lesser-knowns and jobbers? The announced roster basically covers most of the main event scene and upper midcard, so I highly doubt that we'll get names like Heath Slater, David Otunga, and Sin Cara if they weren't already shown off.

I really want those guys in, for the sake of completion and the fact that there needs to be more bulk on the roster if they really want to promote an idea of us creating our own plots and rivalries via Universe mode — but I unfortunately that doubt we'll get anybody else from the current roster other than people who were affiliated with NXT (Rusev, Bo Dallas, Paige, etc.).

It would be amazing if they added more current people, but I can't imagine these additional Superstars being anything other than NXT, Showcase mode, or Legend-based talents because there is no real reason to hide the lower-tier talents with how they've been promoting this game. Perhaps they can be unlockables or something, but I don't think that they've done that sort of thing recently.

All we can do is hope for more. I want a full roster of current stars and at least 8-10 Legends, but this might be too much to ask for the first next-gen game of the series. Hell, this game has already done more than the first outings of Madden or NBA, so maybe we're just spoiled from the past.

The fact that 2K has been so deflective about direct questions makes me think that our standards for this game are too high for it being the first fully-developed WWE 2K game and it being the first on the new consoles.

Has anyone entertained the idea that the missing current roster might be there as Superstar heads? It happened to Piper last year, I could see it happening to Slater this year too. I might be wrong, but if I'm right it'll explain why they weren't included in the reveal and would also make them playable in mycareer mode. Wont know until the SSH is revealed of course as its hard to follow 2k's logic as this is still round one.

I just hope that we will get the full main roster of superstars AND Divas.

NXT guys and Legends can come in DLC in my opinion.

They would be extra anyway so anything that's extra is a plus.

I for one will hate it if the missing midcard wrestlers will be superstar heads.

How will we make them authentic without their real music and titantron/minitrons.

If they are going to put their themes in the game why not put them in as part of the regular roster, and not giving us a hard time creating them (of course a lot of people will not be able to create them properly).

Making them superstar heads only will make us players look like we are buying an incomplete game.

I for one will hate it if the missing midcard wrestlers will be superstar heads.

How will we make them authentic without their real music and titantron/minitrons.

If they are going to put their themes in the game why not put them in as part of the regular roster, and not giving us a hard time creating them (of course a lot of people will not be able to create them properly).

Making them superstar heads only will make us players look like we are buying an incomplete game.

I get what your saying but they did it with Piper last year, and this was also done a long, long time ago with Smackdown 2 on ps1. Just because its shitty doesnt mean it cant happen :/

Having superstar heads has the positive that you can create your own attires for the wrestlers included which is a advantage to the "regular" ones that are tied (or sometimes doomed :P ) to one attire that are not changeable.

The problem not being able to have original tracks due to the issue with the next gen consoles is really annoying me aswell so I'm thinking of rather sticking with my PS3 till its possible cause I won't have this issue with it.

Having superstar heads has the positive that you can create your own attires for the wrestlers included which is a advantage to the "regular" ones that are tied (or sometimes doomed :P ) to one attire that are not changeable.

The problem not being able to have original tracks due to the issue with the next gen consoles is really annoying me aswell so I'm thinking of rather sticking with my PS3 till its possible cause I won't have this issue with it.

I too like superstar heads, it's a cool feature i just wish that they don't put mid card wrestlers not in the game only in superstar heads. Like Piper in 2k14. Also, I prefer edit a superstar like RAW 2 that superstar heads. Much easier to use than heads since we will be able to use in game wrestler bodies.

I get what your saying but they did it with Piper last year, and this was also done a long, long time ago with Smackdown 2 on ps1. Just because its shitty doesnt mean it cant happen :/

I really wish they don\t go this route. Will suck big time.

Archived