Unpopular Wrestling Opinions

Faster Than Light

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can understand where you're coming from.

There's guys like Hogan, Austin, Rock, Cena > HHH, Taker, HBK, > Jericho, Edge, Orton, etc IMO. I think there was a discussion about this a while back.

There are Legends and there are Icons.

Sheamus is boring as all hell.

cm7V9Yr.jpg

How is this unpopular?

Completely agree.

Bray Wyatt has lost it.

He's gotten far too repetitive and annoying. I hope he changes things up and gets new materials.

Cena should never be considered on the same tier as Hogan, Austin, and Rock, ever. That's just an insult to them and to the impact they had.

I think he should be. Not to say that he's as good or even better than Rock, Austin, or Hogan (which he's not, IMO)...but John Cena has pretty much defined the current generation and the entire era.

But I do agree with you that Cena didn't have the same impact as SCSA, Rock, and Hogan. He did have an impact; just not a positive one.

Eh, I guess it depends. I'm talking about overall impact who has contributed to WWE. If John Cena was during Hogan or Austin's time, he would have likely sunk if he didn't adapt, except for maybe Hogan's era when they wanted a hero. Hogan brought wrestling to pop culture and played a huge part in saving WWE while Austin and Rock kept WWE afloat against its inferior competition, and without them we'd likely see Nash, Hogan, and Hall as champs. Cena however hasn't done much for the ratings, has he? He's mainly good for merchandise.

Brock > Hogan, Austin, Reigns, Rock, Cena > HHH, Taker, Bret, Cesaro, Flair, HBK > Angle, Batista, Jericho, Brodus, Edge, IMO.

Having a hard time working out if this list is serious or not. I mean, I agree with the placing of a lot of them (I've bolded the ones I disagree with), and the order of the groups (Biggest impact/face of the company > long standing legends who've been at the top through multiple eras > guys who were key to certain eras > everyone else), but then some of the names are just so random :lol:

As much as I don't like the guy Hogan definitely is the biggest name in wrestling and probably always will be. He's known universally around the world and as many have said the reason wrestling broke into the mainstream and became a pop cultural phenomenon.

Jericho was only appealing to me around the time of his RAW debut. A couple years after and then nothing since.

Edge has never entertained me in the slightest, I dont doubt his abilities, though I don't rank him highly above most, but he was still boring.

Jack Swagger's world championship run wasn't as bad as it's considered in retrospect, which may sound hypocritical coming from me since I just complained about him for the very thing in another thread (I didn't say it was a failed experiment because it was bad, it was a failed experiment because Swagger did virtually nothing for the next two years). It was unmemorable, but not bad. He even got decent heat. I recall a segment on SmackDown where he had to wait for the boos to subside to get the opportunity to speak.

If he stayed as the cocky All-American that he was before winning the title, his run would have been really good. That segment you mentioned was pretty awesome, too.

He literally abandoned that gimmick altogether as soon as he became the world champion.

1:36

"I'm a world champion now. I must look serious and angry all the time."

If he stayed as the cocky All-American that he was before winning the title, his run would have been really good. That segment you mentioned was pretty awesome, too.

He literally abandoned that gimmick altogether as soon as he became the world champion.

1:36

"I'm a world champion now. I must look serious and angry all the time."

Swagger always seems to looks serious and angry regardless of his character :laugh:

Then again I haven't seen his pre title run stuff so who am I to talk.

Archived