IMPACT Wrestling Moving to Wednesday Nights

Poe Øhlin

Courtesy of Impact Wrestling

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Aug. 14, 2014) – TNA today announced its flagship program, IMPACT WRESTLING, will make a permanent move to Wednesday nights at 9/8c on SPIKE TV beginning next Wednesday, Aug. 20.

"Moving IMPACT WRESTLING to Wednesday nights gives existing fans and new viewers an opportunity to enjoy both wrestling and live sports even more throughout the week," said TNA President Dixie Carter.

IMPACT WRESTLING has enjoyed sustained ratings growth this summer, drawing over 1.5 million viewers each week this quarter, and is among the most watched cable series in key male demos in its timeslot.

That's interesting and might be clearing up a lot things.

Spike TV probably showed their new Thursday program to someone, TNA wasn't on it and BAM. Spike supposingly canceled Impact Wrestling, when - infact - it just moved to a different day.

Also...2 posts to go, Poe

At least I can watch it on time now because I usually watch NXT first. And hey, that means there's wrestling every night of the week now (minus weekends). :)

Unless SmackDown ends up moving back to Thursdays...which might have been the reason for this move actually now that I think about it.

I suppose this could be a good sign that they're getting renewed. I mean, why go through the trouble otherwise? Could be unrelated though, who knows.

Hope that's the case. Despite what people may think, I really enjoy TNA/Impact Wrestling and would be pissed if I couldn't watch it anymore.

As for it moving to Wednesday nights, pretty cool I guess. Doesn't really effect me though.

Archived