Top five worst PPV's of all time

Handofdoom71

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly thought WM26 was horrible. Edge vs. Jericho was a little underwhelming and HBK vs. 'Taker felt more like a carbon copy of their first showdown.

Only really dug the ending of that match and Batista vs. Cena.

I think the final three matches (all the ones you mentioned) saved it since they were really good, had that big fight feel and were one after the other. Still, it was a pretty shitty 'Mania. Orton/Rhodes/DiBiase and Punk/Mysterio (which were promoted to form a solid undercard) each lasted less than ten minutes and there were multiple matches which lasted even less than 5. Not to mention, Bret/Vince went for over ten minutes. The Main Events alone saved it.

Since I started watching everything from 1993 last year I noticed a lot of the early In Your House shows were pretty bad, can't name any off the top of my head and Mania XI was really bad imo like it's up there with IX

Funny thing is I don't even think of IX or XI when I'm considering the worst WM's. That honor goes to 2, 4, 15, 27, and 29. I guess mostly because that was the era I grew up with.

Since I started watching everything from 1993 last year I noticed a lot of the early In Your House shows were pretty bad, can't name any off the top of my head and Mania XI was really bad imo like it's up there with IX

Funny thing is I don't even think of IX or XI when I'm considering the worst WM's. That honor goes to 2, 4, 15, 27, and 29. I guess mostly because that was the era I grew up with.

The earliest Mania I have watched in full is IX since that is the first one since Raw started airing. I haven't really seen any earlier than that. Just from a WM standpoint I felt 9, 11, 26, and 27 were pretty bad even though I liked parts of 26 and 27.

I don't understand the hate for WM XI, I really don't. It's not in my top ten or anything, but there are some far worse WM's that come to mind (2, 4, 15, 27, 29, etc.) that easily take the cake. Don't get me wrong, it's far from great, but it definitely ain't terrible, though I don't go out of my way to watch it either. I remember liking it a lot more when I was younger.

I could come up with a few opinions of mine as to why WrestleMania 11 was trash.

Archived