Pics of Yourself Thread.

AlterNation

14kfmyr.jpg

Hey man your using that chair wrong.

I think the chair is the opponent.

Which prolly means the chair can't be DQ'ed because the steel is part of its attire

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ollie The Magic Bum: Nah I just like wearing arm sleeves 'cuz I find them comfortable.

@maskedmaniac: I was downloading something at the time so probably something along the lines of "is it done yet?".

@PositiveCreep: That obvious huh? Also my current sig is kind of a dead giveaway :lol:

@PositiveCreep: Ah right, forgot about that. And I see what you mean with it being a bit obvious.

@ZEF: It's actually not a kodama but I do see the resemblance.

God damn I was so proud of myself for remembering what they were named and now you go and shoot me down in flames :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Why does that bother you? He's called something different in multiple regions, like Charlie and Walter. Just like "Cluedo" is simply 'Clue' in other regions.

You must really hate us fellow Brits for "butchering" Milky Way and Mars Bars.

No, not really since Wikipedia says an American brought Mars Bars over. Blame him. It's worse with TV shows though. Cracker, Inbetweeners, Shameless, Life on Mars and so on. Why do you need to remake amazing TV shows?

Yeah I don't get that so much. I get countries that don't speak English get remade versions, but we speak English. I mean I get it, but I don't get it. Like a show with Americans will do better ratings-wise over here, but I don't get why so many people are close minded.

I guess it's good sometimes. US Office rules and I've heard US Shameless is really good too. Inbetweeners was offensively bad though.

No, not really since Wikipedia says an American brought Mars Bars over. Blame him. It's worse with TV shows though. Cracker, Inbetweeners, Shameless, Life on Mars and so on. Why do you need to remake amazing TV shows?

Because American life is different enough from UK life, that many of those jokes fail to be entertaining over here. When it gets to the point that you need to change enough of the jokes for an American audience to include words or phrases that mean (over here) what they mean over there...then you might was well just make a whole new show...I think.

Hell...someone on this forum was just talking about a "hob" or a "hobb" the other day. If someone made a joke on one of those shows with the word "hob" in it, most of us would be like "what the hell is a hob?"...now I know that it's a stovetop, from having that conversation on this forum. But, your average viewer would need to figure out mid-show what the joke was supposed to be...and it would lose timing value and all of that. So, that's why there are American remakes of UK television shows...because producers like the concept, but want it to "click" for US audiences.

Because American life is different enough from UK life, that many of those jokes fail to be entertaining over here. When it gets to the point that you need to change enough of the jokes for an American audience to include words or phrases that mean (over here) what they mean over there...then you might was well just make a whole new show...I think.

Hell...someone on this forum was just talking about a "hob" or a "hobb" the other day. If someone made a joke on one of those shows with the word "hob" in it, most of us would be like "what the hell is a hob?"...now I know that it's a stovetop, from having that conversation on this forum. But, your average viewer would need to figure out mid-show what the joke was supposed to be...and it would lose timing value and all of that. So, that's why there are American remakes of UK television shows...because producers like the concept, but want it to "click" for US audiences.

Yeah but the USA Inbetweeners is one of the worst things ever created

Archived