Stephanie and Triple H's thoughts on UFC

2 Legit

You never have that with WWE, we strategically build out Superstars and characters. We know when they are going to win, we know when they are going to lose. We build characters and make them megastars.

They should have followed up this statement with "how come it's the same 3-4 guys who actually win consistent and get all the airtime while everyone else does nothing?" Really, I'd have spit my drink if I were there to hear her say that.

Okay...fact of the matter is that the UFC has consistently beat WWE in PPV buyrates for years. Vince himself has stated he has the utmost respect for Dana White and the Fertita brothers for what they managed to pull off, so I find it comical how HHH and Steph kind turn the question into a matter of "longevity". Yeah, nobody nowadays who follows MMA cares about say...Rampage Jackson...same as nobody cares about the New England Patriots (unless you're a fan) when years ago they were perennial Super Bowl contenders. When you fall out of contention, you fall out of relevance. Welcome to professional sports, people.

That kind of parity, ironically enough, is exactly why so many ex-wrestling fans have moved on the being MMA fans. They grew tired of the same old song and dance and gravitated to something new and unexpected. Yeah Steph, you may get a one punch knockout in a UFC main event, but you may also get a 5 round classic. Sure beats watching a WWE PPV where you know who's going to win the main event before it even happens.

I miss kayfabe, though. I legit hated the nWo because I thought it was real. It was that much more exciting when a babyface got the upper hand.

I agree' I love them days' and miss them as well' I don't really watch Wrestling anymore because I

find it too boring and predictable'

Archived