Save Cesaro

AMBR0SE_VIOLENCE

Go back with me, everyone. Back to WrestleMania 30. Cesaro got one of the biggest reactions of the show by putting Jack Swagger in the Swing. Fast forward later in the show; Cesaro wins the inaugural (and probably singular) Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal by lifting up the Big Show and sending him over the top rope. Another huge reaction from the crowd. Now, come back to reality. Cesaro has numerous losses on his recent record, to the likes of Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, (which I'm not even mad about, Ziggler won) even Heath Slater in the battle royal at Battleground. Cesaro is one of the biggest recent examples of, "Oh, how the mighty have fallen." And it's truly one of the most disappointing examples in recent history. Thoughts?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were afraid this would interfere with their Roman Reigns plan, so they did everything in their power to kill his momentum and well... they succeeded in that because now Cesaro gets defeated in 2 min matches and noone on the crowd gives a flying *Censored* about it.

Well done WWE, you killed another future star. :cool:

In my opinion, Cesaro is a far more interesting-to-watch, physically impressive in-ring talent than Roman Reigns. Roman Reigns is being pushed because he's an Anoa'i, and because he's big and muscular and badass and everyone is supposed to love him because of things like that. It doesn't matter what he can do to showcase legitimate skill on the mic or in the ring or anywhere else, all that matters is that he's got bloodline and he's got the look. That's what I find most disappointing about creative prioritizing Reigns over Cesaro and effectively de-pushing him in the process.

So many times people complain that WWE has no long-term vision these days with regards to storylines and that they rush with pushing stars to the top too fast like they did with Reigns. But then again, so many times people complain when somebody starts to lose a number of matches in a row as if it's the worst thing in the world for their career. Just because Cesaro hasn't won often (or at all, depending on how far back you go) as of late, it doesn't necessarily mean any balls have been dropped, stars have been killed, or careers have been ended or broken beyond repair.

Before WM:

"I hope Cesaro goes solo soon. Tag team with Swagger is holding him back. But he needs a mouthpiece. Maybe put him with Paul Heyman. That would catapult him to the main event."

After WM:

"They should have never put him with Paul Heyman. Killed all his momentum."

They were doing stuff with him after Wrestlemania, but besides putting on excellent matches there was nothing really interesting to the Cesaro character. Not his fault, but I can see why the WWE didn't went with him and decided to focus on the Shield's three singles pushes to the main event title picture.

Apparently there are plans to reunite Cesaro with Heyman and team him up with Lesnar to eventually feud with Lesnar. I wouldn't take his losing streak too seriously. They know how hot Cesaro was and are probably just biding their time until a later time.

Patience.

It's just really inconsistent with what they do with him. He was looking really strong as US champion then all of a sudden he gets a losing streak and drops the belt. The Real Americans break up and he was primed for a face run, but got paired with Heyman which on paper was great but didn't really do much for him. He holds his own against Cena in a long competitive match on RAW before getting squashed on Smackdown. It's just hot and cold booking like they've done with so many before him and it sucks.

I think they need to continue this losing streak, have him get frustrated and flip out after a match.

*Backstage* Cesaro walks down the hallway and past Paul Heyman who has his arms crossed and a grin on his face. Paul says; "You've obviously fallen off without my guidance, haven't you Cesaro? You cannot be the mega star you're supposed to be without my guidance. Look at my clients Cesaro, I create champions. You CAN be a champion again, if you are a Paul Heyman guy."

They begin to pair up again, Cesaro starts winning his matches and even wins against some top guys. After a few weeks, Cesaro wins a match only to have Brock Lesnar run out after and destroy Cesaro. Heyman looks confused and Brock tells him there is only ONE Paul Heyman guy. Heyman sticks with Lesnar and this leads to Cesaro vs Lesnar. Cesaro wins the match proving he doesn't need Heyman to be successful and then we start a push for him.

If WWE still had a good brand split they could have had Cesaro on Smackdown! being pushed to main event level while doing the same with Reigns on RAW.

Then again they could just as easily push Cesaro alongside Reigns' push now and have two future top stars. I mean it's not like Cena and Orton to not get injured hell what if Reigns got injured? What then?

I think Cesaro coming out and *censored*ing destroying Lesnar would be amazing and get people behind Cesaro!

Hell, even have him destroy Lesnar AND Cena and stand tall holding the title, turning face, using the Cesaro Swing, building momentum, and those losses will become forgettable and then Cesaro will be doing great again!

I've heard so many things about why Cesaro isn't being pushed man, I don't know what to believe.

Heyman not working out: Well they shouldn't have forced him to stay heel FFS

Not wanting his push to interfere with Reigns: Cesaro is 20 times the wrestler Roman will ever be.

Slow build to a Lesnar match: Making him look weak does him NO favors.

Seriously, dude should have had a feud with Swagger lasting a month or two, before feuding with Barrett for the IC belt(or if Barrett was already injured at that point, WINNING the battle royal, and continuing to make them HIS match). Dude could have been built up strong as hell as IC champ, before losing it in a triple threat without actually being pinned, then winning the Rumble and never looking back.

I think they need to continue this losing streak, have him get frustrated and flip out after a match.

*Backstage* Cesaro walks down the hallway and past Paul Heyman who has his arms crossed and a grin on his face. Paul says; "You've obviously fallen off without my guidance, haven't you Cesaro? You cannot be the mega star you're supposed to be without my guidance. Look at my clients Cesaro, I create champions. You CAN be a champion again, if you are a Paul Heyman guy."

They begin to pair up again, Cesaro starts winning his matches and even wins against some top guys. After a few weeks, Cesaro wins a match only to have Brock Lesnar run out after and destroy Cesaro. Heyman looks confused and Brock tells him there is only ONE Paul Heyman guy. Heyman sticks with Lesnar and this leads to Cesaro vs Lesnar. Cesaro wins the match proving he doesn't need Heyman to be successful and then we start a push for him.

No pls. He might not be able to come back from those losses.

Slow build to a Lesnar match: Making him look weak does him NO favors.

I don't think they're making him look weak, I think they're just booking it as a "losing streak" to gain sympathy for a possible face turn somewhere down the road.

Archived