WWE to Continue Pushing “$9.99″ WWE Network Price on “Monday Night Raw”

E#37

With the WWE Network struggling to garner many subscribers, it has been a substantial.talking point on all of WWE’s programming. Some fans had complained about the network being “shoved down their throats.” Additionally, there were even rumblings that WWE officials were upset with how Michael Cole and other commentators plugged the WWE Network.

Whether it be for better or worse, the way WWE advertises the WWE Network changed on the Aug. 4 showing of “Monday Night Raw.” It started off in the opening segment of “Raw,” in which Triple H made.light of the whole situation by jokingly promoting the network as much as he could. Each time, he would put emphasis on its low price of “$9.99.” Fans even ate up Triple H’s words, sometimes finishing his sentences with “$9.99.”

Throughout the rest of the night, the ongoing “$9.99? joke would not end between the commentary team and various WWE stars. It did do its job, as social media blew up. There were points in time where “WWE Network” was trending, in addition to various representations of the $9.99 WWE Network price.

A recent report by.PWInsider.claims that WWE will continue to push the WWE Network in this manner. Over the next few weeks, on “Monday Night Raw,” WWE will likely continue to make the $9.99 price figure its main focus point. The company reportedly felt that it was close to making “$9.99? a popular buzzword during “Monday Night Raw” on Aug. 4.

Source: http://www.wrestlingrumors.net/wwe-continue-pushing-9-99-wwe-network-price-monday-night-raw/26546/

:facepalm: This almost sounds too retarted to be true, But knowing WWE's track record it will be exactly what they'll do.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As and as annoying it might seem now....it worked for the App. So this will probably be a success too. (Although that will mainly come from the network being published in 170 different countries around the world for $9.99)

I know bashing WWE is somewhat passé, but honestly I don't think they know how to sell the network to people.

This month WWE are releasing a feature documentary about Paul Heyman on DVD. Everyone's stoked, everyone's seen the teasers, read the reviews and people want to see it. As a DVD it will probably sell handsomely. Question is why is it a DVD when WWE's main source of content distribution is now their online streaming subscription service they're desperately trying to sell to people? Why not put the Heyman documentary exclusively on the network. That's not rhetorical either it's genuinely wierd that they haven't done this.

They can continue plugging it all they want, I won't be getting it until they put ALOT more retro/older stuff on there, I have very little interest in the current WWE product.

Besides I'm in the UK so we'll probably end up with the watered-down premium TV channel version that Canada is getting, if it does end up like that then I won't be getting it regardless.

I know bashing WWE is somewhat passé, but honestly I don't think they know how to sell the network to people.

This month WWE are releasing a feature documentary about Paul Heyman on DVD. Everyone's stoked, everyone's seen the teasers, read the reviews and people want to see it. As a DVD it will probably sell handsomely. Question is why is it a DVD when WWE's main source of content distribution is now their online streaming subscription service they're desperately trying to sell to people? Why not put the Heyman documentary exclusively on the network. That's not rhetorical either it's genuinely wierd that they haven't done this.

Because some people, like me, still buy DVDs. I'm sure it'll be on the network as well.

Because some people, like me, still buy DVDs. I'm sure it'll be on the network as well.
That's not the point I made. In fact I said the DVD will probably sell well. But if the WWE is prioritising WWE Network subscribers more than anything else, which they are, then it would make sense to put all their premium content exclusively on the network

me to. as a matter of fact i just got my Survivor Series 1987-1991 dvd set yesterday.

That $9.99 thing pissed me off so much. I didn't even finish watching RAW yet as I had to stop due to, well, you know. If that's how every RAW and SD! will be from now on, I'm done with the current product. I actually do want to get WWE Network but it's not available here. Apparently it comes to Canada on the 12th though.

But yeah, this $9.99 thing needs to either stop or toned down a lot. The fact their tactic apparently worked makes me believe that won't happen, which seriously sucks.

Yeah. Maybe putting it on the Network before the DVD, but exclusively? Hell no!

Archived